102nd Backyard Brawl: #8 Pitt (9-1) @ West Virginia (7-3)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woy
    RIP West
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Sportsbuck
    And the Big East is definately not better than the Big 10.

Since I'm feeling sporty here, I'll at least put the two top teams (Ohio State and Cincy) on equal footing.

Ohio State = Cincinnati

Penn State, Iowa > Pitt, West Virginia

Wisconsin, Northwestern > Rutgers, South Florida

Michigan State > UCONN

Purdue, Minnesota, maybe Illinois > Louisville

Michigan, Indiana, Illinois > Syracuse

But come bowl season I'm sure you will be touting your superiority over us because you will probably have a better bowl record... not that hard when you face the C-USA's #5 team (St. Petersburg Bowl), the SEC's #9 team (Papajohns.com bowl), the ACC's #6 team (Meineke Bowl), the MAC's 1, 2, or 3 team (International Bowl), or the ACC's #3 team (Gator Bowl).
    Exactly what I was going to bring up. SB covered every single thing.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• jHammack
      Noob
      • Feb 2009

According to the Big 10 Bowl Projections

Insight Bowl - #6 Big 10 vs. #6 Big 12
      Minnesota vs Texas A&M

Outback Bowl - #3 Big Ten vs SEC
      Wisconsin vs. Kentucky

Captial One Bowl - #2 Big Ten vs #2 Sec
      Penn State vs. Ole Miss

Alamo Bowl - #4 or 5 Big Ten
      Michigan State vs Texas Tech

Champs Sports Bowl - #4 or 5 Big Ten vs #4 ACC
      UNC vs Northwestern

Rose Bowl - Big Ten vs Pac 10 Champions
      Oregon vs. Ohio State

--

Big East Projections

St. Pete - BigEast vs CUSA
      USF vs UCF

Meineke Car Care - Big East vs #6 ACC
      West Virginia vs Miami

Gator Bowl - #3 ACC vs. Big East
      Virginia Tech vs. Cincinnati

International Bowl - Big East vs MAC
      UConn vs. Ohio

Papajohns Bowl - Big East vs SEC
      Rutgers vs Auburn

Sugar Bowl - BCS vs BCS (SEC Champ if Avail)
      Alabama vs. Pitt

Alabama, Auburn, Ohio, Virginia Tech, Miami, and UCF are projected to be the Big East opponents. Oregon, UNC, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, and Kentucky are Big 10 opponents. Out of those opponents, Alabama is by far the toughest out of all of them. Then it goes Oregon, UNC, VT and Miami. Then I would say its a toss up between A&M, TT, Ole Miss, Auburn and Kentucky with Ole Miss looking like the best team other then today. I agree UCF and Ohio are boring games and should be easy wins for the Big East, but the others are not.

Big East vs. Alabama, VT, Miami, and Auburn
      Big 10 vs. Oregon, UNC, Ole Miss, and TT or A&M or whatever game you wanna throw in here for their 4th game.

I would say the Big East has tougher projected match-ups than the Big 10. I personally think that if Cincy loses next week, they should play in a BCS game over a 10-2 Iowa team, but that's just me.

These were taken from collegefootballnews.com by the way, they aren't just my random projections because I personally think if Pitt plays like they played at WVU they'll be in the Car Care Bowl and the season is shot.

Comment

• Leftwich
        Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Wow... this was supposed to be a discussion about the Backyard Brawl. You guys fucked it up.... god damn it.

Originally posted by Tailback U
        It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Sportsbuck
          Buckeye For Life
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by jHammack
          According to the Big 10 Bowl Projections

Insight Bowl - #6 Big 10 vs. #6 Big 12
          Minnesota vs Texas A&M

Outback Bowl - #3 Big Ten vs SEC
          Wisconsin vs. Kentucky

Captial One Bowl - #2 Big Ten vs #2 Sec
          Penn State vs. Ole Miss

Alamo Bowl - #4 or 5 Big Ten
          Michigan State vs Texas Tech

Champs Sports Bowl - #4 or 5 Big Ten vs #4 ACC
          UNC vs Northwestern

Rose Bowl - Big Ten vs Pac 10 Champions
          Oregon vs. Ohio State

--

Big East Projections

St. Pete - BigEast vs CUSA
          USF vs UCF

Meineke Car Care - Big East vs #6 ACC
          West Virginia vs Miami

Gator Bowl - #3 ACC vs. Big East
          Virginia Tech vs. Cincinnati

International Bowl - Big East vs MAC
          UConn vs. Ohio

Papajohns Bowl - Big East vs SEC
          Rutgers vs Auburn

Sugar Bowl - BCS vs BCS (SEC Champ if Avail)
          Alabama vs. Pitt

Alabama, Auburn, Ohio, Virginia Tech, Miami, and UCF are projected to be the Big East opponents. Oregon, UNC, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, and Kentucky are Big 10 opponents. Out of those opponents, Alabama is by far the toughest out of all of them. Then it goes Oregon, UNC, VT and Miami. Then I would say its a toss up between A&M, TT, Ole Miss, Auburn and Kentucky with Ole Miss looking like the best team other then today. I agree UCF and Ohio are boring games and should be easy wins for the Big East, but the others are not.

Big East vs. Alabama, VT, Miami, and Auburn
          Big 10 vs. Oregon, UNC, Ole Miss, and TT or A&M or whatever game you wanna throw in here for their 4th game.

I would say the Big East has tougher projected match-ups than the Big 10. I personally think that if Cincy loses next week, they should play in a BCS game over a 10-2 Iowa team, but that's just me.

These were taken from collegefootballnews.com by the way, they aren't just my random projections because I personally think if Pitt plays like they played at WVU they'll be in the Car Care Bowl and the season is shot.
          JHamm, I left out the BCS bowls because they can choose who they want for matchups.

I'm talking about the bowl tie-ins.

And the standings weren't 100% for some conferences until now (The Pac-10 still isn't) but I'm going to use ESPN's just for another view point.

B10
          Capitol One: Ole Miss v Penn State
          Outback: Wisconsin v LSU
          Insight: Oklahoma v Minnesota
          Alamo: Michigan State v Texas Tech
          Champs: Miami v Northwestern
          Little Ceasers: don't have a b10 team

Big East
          Gator: Virginia Tech v Pitt
          Meineke: North Carolina v UNC
          PapaJohns: UConn v Georgia
          St. Pete: USF v UCF
          Int'l: Rutgers v Ohio

Virginia Tech > Ole Miss
          LSU > North CArolina
          Oklahoma > Georgia
          Texas Tech > UCF
          Miami > Ohio

I think we should probably wait until the bowl bids come out to settle this argument... too many random ass possibilities.

Comment

• Vinsane
            • Nov 2008

It's funny how many Pitt haters are here on this board. Pitt gets a little success and the haters come out even when their team and conference sucks so bad.

I'd still take the top 3 or 4 teams of the big east vs any of the little 10 teams.
            This has nothing to do with hating on Pitt, it has everything to do with you and Pitty spitting all sorts of garbage week in and week out in the CB. If you can't handle it, don't dish it. Even in this post, you can't defend your position without putting down another conference, doing exactly what you're complaining about. Hypocrite.

There are more in the cb i'm just saying it's funny how Pitt has so many haters.
            Again, no one starts a "Pitt Hate" post in the CB until either you or Pitty type up some nonsense about the Big East being elite, Pitt and the Big East in general being disrespected. Again, just cause you end up with a little egg on your face you're trying to turn the tables and play the victim.

Originally posted by CPollack09
            Every team has so many haters.
            This.

There are more teams on this board not named Pitt that get shellacked week in and week out regardless of win or lose. And I'll reiterate, all this hate was brought down by yourself and your post inside the chat box and here. Suck it up, and move on.
            25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• jHammack
              Noob
              • Feb 2009

Haha... Okay first off there is nothing to suck up this is a message board and a post about a college football team, sorry if I don't get too upset over it. I don't care that there are haters on Pitt I said its FUNNY because you guys seem to come out only when Pitt loses but when Pitt's winning you are no where to be found.

When did anyone say the Big East was elite? Can you recall a time that anyone said that? I know multiple times that i've said the Big East is better than the Big 10, but never said it was "elite".

And finally, I don't ever spit garbage. I put down the little ten, did that hurt your feelings? Defending my position? My position is simply an opinion, you know people have those sometimes. LOL@Hypocrite, I'm a hypocrite for saying little ten? Really? I don't care if you hate Pitt, congratulations but I said it's funny that Pitt haters come out in full when they're getting a little jealous.

Comment

• Vinsane
                • Nov 2008

I don't care that there are haters on Pitt I said its FUNNY because you guys seem to come out only when Pitt loses but when Pitt's winning you are no where to be found.
                If you don't care about the haters, then why bring them up? We were here when Pitt was winning and we were saying all along that it wasn't anything to get uppity about.

And finally, I don't ever spit garbage. I put down the little ten, did that hurt your feelings? Defending my position? My position is simply an opinion, you know people have those sometimes.
                And yes, you're entitled to your opinion. However stupid it may be.

LOL@Hypocrite, I'm a hypocrite for saying little ten? Really? I don't care if you hate Pitt, congratulations but I said it's funny that Pitt haters come out in full when they're getting a little jealous.
                No you're a hypocrite for complaining about all the "haters", when it's you who hate week in and week out. I find it funny that you would complain about hating on Pitt/Big East, when it's something that you've been doing on the Big Ten week in and week out. That's why you're a hypocrite.

And jealous? Yes, we're all so jealous that Pitt is now out of the top 10.
                Last edited by Vinsane; 11-29-2009, 03:53 PM.
                25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• Sportsbuck
                  Buckeye For Life
                  • Dec 2008

Haha... Okay first off there is nothing to suck up this is a message board and a post about a college football team, sorry if I don't get too upset over it. I don't care that there are haters on Pitt I said its FUNNY because you guys seem to come out only when Pitt loses but when Pitt's winning you are no where to be found.
                  Have you seen the chatbox all season? Because I'm pretty sure all Woy, Archer, Vinsane and I have done is argue with you and Pitty about Pitt and the Big East.

Comment

• jHammack
                    Noob
                    • Feb 2009

I'm a hypocrite because I said the Big 10 isn't good? I'm not complaining moron, I said its funny how they come out in groups. And where were you guys when Pitt beat Notre Dame or when they handily beat South Florida? No where, you weren't saying anything. But when Pitt lost, the first post after the game is from Woy who isn't even a fan of wvu and put Mountaineers in this thread? That is funny to me. Do I care? No not really because I've dealt with a 5-7 season from Pitt, so a 9-3 or better season has been gold to me and I'll continue to defend the Big East because IMO, this year, they are better than the Big 10 and the Big 10 gets so much "glory" for winning nothing. They haven't done anything this season.

But Buck, like I said last night, If Pitt beats Cincy and then beats Bama/Florida you have to admit just how good Pitt is. If they lose bowl games then I'll be the first to admit that the Big East wasn't as good as I thought and if the Big 10 does better I'll be sure to admit that as well.

I'm done with this thread because 1, its all Big 10 fans in here (surprise ha) and 2, there are no real reasons for me to keep defending my point. I don't care about the "haters" I just think it's funny for the last time.

Comment

• Archer
                      Go the fuck outside
                      • Oct 2008

I'm a hypocrite because I said the Big 10 isn't good? I'm not complaining moron, I said its funny how they come out in groups. And where were you guys when Pitt beat Notre Dame or when they handily beat South Florida? No where, you weren't saying anything. But when Pitt lost, the first post after the game is from Woy who isn't even a fan of wvu and put Mountaineers in this thread? That is funny to me. Do I care? No not really because I've dealt with a 5-7 season from Pitt, so a 9-3 or better season has been gold to me and I'll continue to defend the Big East because IMO, this year, they are better than the Big 10 and the Big 10 gets so much "glory" for winning nothing. They haven't done anything this season.

But Buck, like I said last night, If Pitt beats Cincy and then beats Bama/Florida you have to admit just how good Pitt is. If they lose bowl games then I'll be the first to admit that the Big East wasn't as good as I thought and if the Big 10 does better I'll be sure to admit that as well.

I'm done with this thread because 1, its all Big 10 fans in here (surprise ha) and 2, there are no real reasons for me to keep defending my point. I don't care about the "haters" I just think it's funny for the last time.
                      First of all - ND and South Florida are both average or just below so I'm not sure why anybody would care about you beating them but I know I did admit I was wrong when I predicted ND to win and it didn't happen . I said in the chatbox that I called the game wrong

Pitt lost after you talked shit all year ... get over it . If you are going to talk shit to people about their conference expect shit back when your team losses to WVU .

Also if Pitt beat Cincy and Bama/Florida or any bowl game for that matter , I will give them props .

And for the last time - every team has haters on here . SportsBuck for example is a pro at hating on Boise ;) .
                      Last edited by Archer; 11-29-2009, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Working...