X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Archer
    Go the fuck outside
    • Oct 2008

AFC South Champions!

Before the season many people on VSN , ESPN and other places predicted the Colts to "fall off" and the Texans to be the "it" team .

I said at the time that I would only re-visit these threads on VSN when the Colts won the division and since it's all wrapped up here is some of my favorite quotes

Originally posted by Hasselbeck
    2009 Prediction:
    The Texans will be a popular choice amongst all the football pundits and so-called experts to be the sleeper team of 2009, and with good reason.

This is a team that offensively, is as good as any in football, and quietly has assembled a great young nucleus of Matt Schaub, Steve Slaton, and Andre Johnson. Defensively, the Texans had trouble slowing other teams down a year ago and let games get away from them. This year, the Texans defense has been reconfigured in such a way that it should no longer be a major liability if the Texans offense is on the sidelines late in the 4th quarter with a lead.

Slowly but surely, the Houston Texans are assembling a lot of good young players and are being coached by one of the brightest offensive minds in the game.

In my opinion this coming season, the AFC South is the strongest division in football, and the Houston Texans - should Matt Schaub stay healthy the entire season - could very well come out on top.

If you're not a believer in this team yet, you will be by the end of the season.

Predicted Finish: 11-5, 1st Place AFC South
    Originally posted by OnlyOneBeerLeft
    I completely agree with the entire article... I'm not sure if you guys realize it, but this is a true football fan writing these up, no homer glasses. good write up hass.

As for crying about people thinkin the colts are going downward...the Texans were kicking the shit out of them, if they ran the ball rather trying to make big plays the Colts would of been completely embarassed, instead Sage Rosenfels is under the impression hes an actual NFL starter and can fly.

Originally posted by Yankee1012
    The Colts will still make the playoffs, but I think the Titans will win the division. The Colts made too many changes in coaching, and they will not be as good as they were.
    And finally

Congrats to the following -
    John Banks, Jeffri Chadiha, Jeremy Green, Paul Kuharsky, Len Pasquarelli, Kevin Siefert and Seth Wickersham for all predicting the Colts fall off and being wrong about the eventual AFC South Champions

ESPN.com's NFL experts predict the division winners, wild cards, award winners and the Super Bowl winner.

Now I am sure the Colts will probably break my heart by losing a playoff game or something but until then I will enjoy my moment
    Last edited by Archer; 11-29-2009, 08:12 PM.
  • Berowsk
    Fuck Bitches, Get Wawa.
    • Oct 2008

woooooooo
    sigpic

Comment

• Esjay
      Luck2Hilton
      • Feb 2009

Peyton4God

Houston = LOL

Comment

• Gonzo
        Colts Supremicist
        • Dec 2008

INDIANAPOLIS BABY!

Comment

• Point Blank
          Needs a hobby
          • Oct 2008

Congrats to the Colts.

Comment

• Yawkey Way
            Free World Leader
            • Oct 2008

Reggie Wayne, best receiver in the NFL?

Comment

• Archer
              Go the fuck outside
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Yawkey Way
              Reggie Wayne, best receiver in the NFL?
              I would say Moss , Andre Johnson and Fitzgerald are probably better but Wayne is a perfect fit for our system because of his smarts .

Comment

• Gonzo
                Colts Supremicist
                • Dec 2008

HFA, here we come!

Comment

• Rayman
                  Spic 'n Spanish
                  • Feb 2009

Anyone who picked the Colts to "fall off" is an idiot. Plain and simple.

I could have told you that in August and saved you the trouble, archer.

Comment

• Boss AZ
                    Hi Haters
                    • Feb 2009

Congrats to Indy. Must be nice to win it when everyone is going against you. I still LOL every time someone says it's Houston's year.

Comment

• Bear Pand
                      RIP Indy Colts
                      • Feb 2009

Don't worry Archer it'll be the same story next year. Every year people predict the Colts to fall off.

I cant already see it now:

but but did you see how the Titans finished the season?
                      but the Texans have so much talent they can overcome their unforced errors, penalties, and choke jobs

Comment

• Archer
                        Go the fuck outside
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Killa Pand
                        Don't worry Archer it'll be the same story next year. Every year people predict the Colts to fall off.

I cant already see it now:

but but did you see how the Titans finished the season?
                        but the Texans have so much talent they can overcome their unforced errors, penalties, and choke jobs
                        Texans would be a scary team with a legit coach

Kubiak makes horrible call after horrible call and never makes halftime adjustments when I watch them .

Originally posted by RayManHCP42
                        Anyone who picked the Colts to "fall off" is an idiot. Plain and simple.

I could have told you that in August and saved you the trouble, archer.
                        Indeed

I said I would save digging these back up until we won it

Comment

• jags224
                          El Contusion
                          • Oct 2008

colts are known for having great regular seasons have fun losing in the playoffs.
                          "From the time he hits the court, he plays at a competitive level that you rarely see," Popovich says. "He does the exact same things that Kobe (Bryant) does, that Michael Jordan did.

Comment

• ThunderHorse
                            Grind.
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by jags224
                            colts are known for having great regular seasons have fun losing in the playoffs.

Comment

• Goober
                              Needs a hobby
                              • Feb 2009

Congratulations, feel free to throw away the game in two weeks.

Comment

Working...