Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goober
    Needs a hobby
    • Feb 2009

Rolando McClain seems like it's a popular pick for the Broncos, I'd be happy with McClain, but I don't think he will last to the Broncos pick. He's a top 5 pick IMO. Besides that, I don't think Denver will take a linebacker in the first round anyways. Our biggest needs our DE and interior o-line. I expect both positions to be addressed early in the draft along with secondary depth.

Other thoughts:
    *Bruce Campbell? I'll be honest I don't know a lot about this guy, but I don't see him in the top 10 that's for sure. Of course the last few years there seems to be a big demand for offensive tackles in the first round, and once the first one is off the board a few more are quickly taken soon afterwords. So I'll let that slide.
    *Gerald McCoy is a top 5 pick, that's a lock at this point.
    *I don't think the Lions will go oline with their first round pick, they took a OT two years ago in the first round (I don't know how he's doing though). I'd expect the Lions to take McClain or McCoy.
    *I don't think Greg Hardy is a first round pick anymore, he's had a bad year with some injuries.
    *No Trent Williams? Even after an average senior year, he's still one of the best offensive tackles in the draft and a lock for the first round.
    * Jared Odrick, Jerry Hughes, and Cameron Heyward are all first round picks. Although Sportsbuck recently ruined my day by telling me Heyward and Boren were were staying in school.

Nice job though! I've been wanting to write my first mock of the season for awhile now, this might finally get me going.

Comment

• Goober
      Needs a hobby
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Sportsbuck
      Ryan Mallett isn't coming out this year.

Donovan Warren isn't a first round talent. He's a borderline first day pick.

Brandon Graham is a lock for the first round, too.
      Are you kidding me? Donovan Warren isn't far behind Joe Haden as the draft's top corner.

Comment

• jaxjaggywires
        Eradicator!!
        • Feb 2009

If Tebow actually goes to Jacksonville, I won't know how to feel. I'll be glad because I can continue to cheer him on, but damn, I just don't know about him as a pro QB. He's gonna need a big week at the Senior Bowl and in the combine and pro days.

I really think there are better options available, the way things look.
        ...in my pants
        Fred Taylor for the HOF!
        Facebook - Twitter

Comment

• Leftwich
          Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by jaxjaggywires
          If Tebow actually goes to Jacksonville, I won't know how to feel. I'll be glad because I can continue to cheer him on, but damn, I just don't know about him as a pro QB. He's gonna need a big week at the Senior Bowl and in the combine and pro days.

All the experts are saying its gonna happen so I'm preparing for it...

Originally posted by Tailback U
          It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Sportsbuck
            Buckeye For Life
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Goblinslayer
            Are you kidding me? Donovan Warren isn't far behind Joe Haden as the draft's top corner.

An NFL scout told AnnArbor.com earlier this fall that Warren projected as a middle-round pick.

Comment

• Senser81
              VSN Poster of the Year
              • Feb 2009

Ryan Mallet?

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                Jus' bout dat action boss
                • Feb 2009

No OL in the draft for Seattle would be an epic failure
                Originally posted by ram29jackson
                I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
                  Formerly ravensownall17
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jaxjaggywires

Is Garrard really bad enough to warrant the Jags using a first round pick on a QB?

Comment

• dope
                    Allons-y!
                    • Feb 2009

booo @ vikings picking #30

Comment

• Goober
                      Needs a hobby
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by TripleOption21
                      I would LOVE for the Ravens to pick up Alabama LB Rolando McClain. The dude is a beast and the Ravens defense is getting old. However, they do need WR's. I think McClain will have a huge career in the NFL.
                      McClain is a top 10 pick, but if you'd like to trade your first, second, and third to Denver...

Comment

• Vinsane
                        • Nov 2008

Cleveland would be more inclined to give another go with Brady Quinn. He was supposed to be traded at the deadline, for a pick. However, they kept him on the squad for more or less crowd control. With Clevelanders loving Quinn I don't see the brass getting a QB. I would think Cleveland's biggest need would be a RB. Or try their hand at another first round Wide Receiver.
                        25-02, 23:16 Yawkey Way celtics fucking suck

Comment

• ChemTheThriller
                          ZzZing w/ the fishes
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Juggernaut
                          I dont follow college football that much but...

Is clausen really better than mccoy, bradford or tebow?
                          By far

McCoy can't throw over 15 yards accurately it looks like...

Bradford is coming off an injury to his throwing shoulder...

Tebow is a horrible pro prospect... but you never know it might pull it out...

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                          Formerly known as Peppers90
                          back in the 808

Comment

• Argath
                            $2 whore
                            • Apr 2009

While I do agree Dan Snyder is a moron and will go after a big name player over need, he won't go after a safety, especially with fan favorite Chris Horton in the backfield. Jason Campbell isn't coming back this year, or so they say, so I would look for the skins to draft a big name QB.

Rumors around here have been Tebow, and that the skins will also sign mike vick as a sort of "mentor" per say to Tebow. Personally, I like Colt McCoy here. I feel he could come in and play the system they have now the best (a lot of short slant passes/screens/bootlegs).. but of course, there will be a new system with Jim Zorn on his way out.

If they don't go QB, I could see them going LB or RB with the recent amount of injuries they had this year. Of course, I'm going by Dan Snyder logic here. If it were me, I'd draft McCoy wherever he falls to (outside of the first) and then use every other draft pick on OLine

Comment

• NAHSTE
                              Probably owns the site
                              • Feb 2009

Falcons need secondary help before pass rush. Beirmann and Sidbury have a chance to be good, our DBs are cringeworthy though.

Comment

• Cryolemon
                                English Dolphins Fan
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by ChemTheThriller
                                Tebow is a horrible pro prospect
                                At QB maybe.

Comment

Working...