X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tailback U
    No substitute 4 strength.
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
    I can't disagree with anything you said, other than to say go to 8:52 of the video and watch the distraught Cardinal mascot standing to the left of the goal-post support. He covers his eyes, sags his knees, and bangs his head on the ground. Boo Rackers!
    lmao, good eye.

Comment

• Senser81
      VSN Poster of the Year
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tailback U
      lmao, good eye.
      Yeah, I should be an NFL official.

Comment

• Tailback U
        No substitute 4 strength.
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
        Yeah, I should be an NFL official.
        But then you'd have to watch shitty assholes like Rackers miss 36 yard field goals instead of enjoying mascot antics.

Comment

• 1ke
          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
          • Mar 2009

Def DONT see a penalty on Fitz....Just see a man running into a boy, then proceeding to make a diving on handed catch/

Comment

• Tengo Juego
            Posts a lot
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Bmore
            Games over, let it go. Move onto next year.
            Pretty much, this.

Last edited by Tengo Juego; 01-11-2010, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• ZAN
              ZAN
              • Oct 2008

The facemask was legit. They won the damn coin toss.

If they were really getting "JOBBED", Arizona would have taken the toss...One play isn't the game...ever...There were many plays that got the game to the point that it was...

Comment

• Bear Pand
                RIP Indy Colts
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Moneyman
                Here are two key plays that I was pissed at.

Here is the 2nd touchdown by Fitz when he ran right over Woodson.

Please tell me how you cannot call that a flag? He ran straight over Woodson, and then turned to the outside for the ball. He extends his arms and pushes Woodson over. Same play that Jenkins got called for a TERRIBLE roughing the passer call.

Then you have the helmet to helmet hit, here is the play before the game winning touchdown.

Ref isn't even looking at that play.

The refs missed at least 4-5 key plays for the Packers. I'm not gonna even get into the facemask play, but I do agree it was a judgement call.

Overall it was a GREAT game, but it's sad to see such poor officals in the NFL. BAL/NE refs were pretty bad as well.
                I can't remember which game it was this weekend (maybe NE/BAL?) but I remember a WR getting called for offensive PI for running over a DB then it was weird when later on the no call happened in the GB/Zona game. The worst thing about the refs is the lack of consistency.

Comment

• Magnetic Spectrum
                  The Grand Finale
                  • Oct 2008

the thread is not about whether green bay missed there chance btw......

my unbias opinion....green bay didn't get robbed they just got the short end of the straw.

fitz knock over woodson twice....blatant calls like that shouldn't be missed...and the qb roughness calls are ridiculous no matter who's under center.Arz had some calls go against them too though just not as bad ones.

p.s there's holding on every play ask any top 5 D.E
                  Last edited by Magnetic Spectrum; 01-12-2010, 01:33 AM.
                  sigpic
                  "In a World That Doesn't.....Steve Smith Does"

Comment

• 1ke
                    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                    • Mar 2009

LOL I got groaned....

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                      Posts a lot
                      • Jun 2009

Former referee's opinion:

Comment

• Spidey
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MrBill
                        There were lots of penalties on both sides in that game that didn't get called. Not the best day for NFL officiating. Since the ref was behind the play and Rodgers facemask was not grabbed to the point that it jerked his head, it didn't catch the eye of the official who has to watch the ball once it left Rodgers hand prior to contact being made with Rodgers facemask. If it had hit the ground, it would have been called the tuck rule but since it bounced off of his foot directly into the arms of an opposing player, it was a live ball.
                        Originally posted by Kelly Goosecawk
                        Yeah, I'm not upset with the officiating so much as I am the pathetic defense. If the Packers wanted to win, how about making the cards punt more than once? If the Packers cannot put pressure on the elite quarterbacks they will pick apart their secondary but throwing against the zone that Jarrett Bush and Brandon Underwood are in. You really think Steve Breaston and Early Doucet are that good? Please...You can thank Kurt Warner for being a hell of a qb and picking apart the weakness of the Packers: Jarrett Bush and Brandon Underwood.
                        Originally posted by Jorsh
                        As a packer fan, I couldn't care less. I care a lot more about our defense letting Arizona's offense put 45 on us. You can't say we got robbed because a missed penalty. They shouldn't have been in that spot in the first place if the defense played even slightly better
                        I'm still a bit bitter about the loss but these are pretty much spot on. The officiating was loose or bad or whatever you want to call it all game. It wasn't the only missed call.

I'd love to blame the refs for the loss but honestly the Packers have no one to blame but themselves. Turnovers, horribly slow start on offense, a horrible defensive gameplan and no adjustments, gaping holes in the middle of the Defense, 51 freaking points allowed. All were bigger issues than the refs. Would have loved to win the game but it didn't happen and the Packers have no one to blame but themselves. What's done is done.
                        Last edited by Spidey; 01-12-2010, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                          • Feb 2009

Theres some serious inconsistency in NFL officiating from game to game. Dal/phi had about 200 penalty yards. There was a flag every other play.Total contrast to the Ari/GB match.

Much as I rant about the calls refs make Id be a hyprocrite to be whining about that Rodgers play.

If the refs decide to let these guys play then how the hell can anyone complain.
                          All you can ask for is consistency and fairness. The refs were letting a shit ton of manhandling go on...but you know what ??.....Good. Let the players decide the outcome.

Dal/Phi had a bajllion..Ari/GB maybe not enough.But in both games the refs seemed to be unbiased.
                          Best reason to have a license.

Comment

Working...