Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steeljake
    6 rings...
    • Oct 2008

i love how all these vick dick riders come out and try to use his win/lose record only as proof he is anything but a glorified running back. vick had arm strength and speed, thats it. he couldn't read a d, he had little if any accuarcy and his work ethic was a well know issue.

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• Bear Pand
      RIP Indy Colts
      • Feb 2009

There's no one to throw to in St. Louis anyway, they'd probably be better off installing the triple option with Vick and Jackson.

Comment

• Esjay
        Luck2Hilton
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by GSW92
        never said that hes the same michael vick he was in atlanta because he isnt but im pretty sure hes more productive than bulger was for them this year.
        So are the majority of the starting QB's in the NFL. What are you really saying?

Even still, Bulger completed 56 percent of his passes and was playing behind one of the worst offensive lines I have ever seen in my life without a single receiver worth a piece of dog shit. Vick on the Rams would be a whole lot of him running for his life and begging Steven Jackson to take the ball.
        Last edited by Esjay; 01-17-2010, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• Esjay
          Luck2Hilton
          • Feb 2009

what i said in my previous post. the rams need somebody who fills the stadium and brings some excitement back to a boring team and vick obviously does that
          I don't see fans filling a stadium to see one player who is a shell of his former self while the team goes 1-15/2-14 every season. But that's just me.

Comment

• BUCK3YE5
            CP 2K12
            • Aug 2009

I'm not sayin he was good but he wasn't bad

Comment

• steeljake
              6 rings...
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BUCK3YE5
              I'm not sayin he was good but he wasn't bad
              stfu. please.

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• Yawkey Way
                Free World Leader
                • Oct 2008

i do agree with a point made earlier that trying out the Vick experiment does allow them to not reach on a QB like Clausen or Bradford in the draft who really do not warrant a first overall selection. Being able to draft Suh would help immensely to the defense, Spags always had a good defensive line when he was in New York so I would assume he would try to build that again in St. Louis.

Comment

• steeljake
                  6 rings...
                  • Oct 2008

the rams will take suh, this is almost a no brainer. if bulger is really finished and as w2b pointed out his contract is an issue, then vick may not be a bad choice as a hold over. but for idiots like buckeye to suggest he is some kind of a winner is just stupid.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                    Probably owns the site
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by steeljake75
                    the rams will take suh, this is almost a no brainer. if bulger is really finished and as w2b pointed out his contract is an issue, then vick may not be a bad choice as a hold over. but for idiots like buckeye to suggest he is some kind of a winner is just stupid.
                    Better career win % than Jay Cutler, was better than Brees prior to this year. He may not be a good QB, but he's more of a "winner" than Marc Bulger/insert rookie QB here.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
                      Ryan Luxem
                      • Dec 2008

I think the Rams are better off either taking a quarterback in the second/third round or trading to get another 1st round pick and then taking a quarterback.

Originally posted by Miggyfan99
                      I would get fucked in the ass for WS tickets too... only if Miguel was playing though

Comment

• FirstTimer
                        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

its no secret that he was never a great qb but hes a great rb with a good ability to throw and i would love to see him start for a team again. really what have the rams to lose after a 1 win season. they need somebody who fills a stadium and brings some excitement back to the franchise and everybody who says vick wasnt a great football player just doesnt know anything about football. dont give me qb stats now but he led the league in yards per carry as a qb in atlanta
                        Overrated stat as I already pointed out it was nearly impossible for Vick to lose yards rushing when he dropped back to pass because his lost yards came off passing totals.

Originally posted by NAHSTE13
                        Better career win % than Jay Cutler, was better than Brees prior to this year. He may not be a good QB, but he's more of a "winner" than Marc Bulger/insert rookie QB here.
                        He was trending down his last two seasons........

Comment

• NAHSTE
                          Probably owns the site
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Nukleopatra
                          53.7% completion %.
                          75.9 QB rating.

And that's when he didn't suck.
                          And a better winning % than Drew Brees at that time.

Oh, wait, this is Nuke, ah shit you're not impressed by that are you?

He was trending down his last two seasons........
                          As was the entire team in the Jim Mora, Jr. era. Not saying Vick was completely free of blame, he lacked the ability to consistently move the ball in conventional ways. However, he was saddled with one of the NFL's worst coaches, a 34 year old midget for a RB with back and knee problems, and a rookie WR who admitted years later that he was out of shape and addicted to McDonald's.

There is basically nobody left from those teams, so it wasn't just Vick who was the problem.

Again, not saying he is gonna be a great QB ever, but if you're the Rams, could it get any worse?
                          Last edited by NAHSTE; 01-17-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• citizenerased
                            Rugby World Cup Champion
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by The Edge
                            I think it would be a good move signing Vick. People tend to forget that Vick has a great arm. Atlanta put him through so many changes in his career he was destined to not succeed. You have to play to his ability run the football. He turns the ball over a lot via the fumble but he makes plays happen unlike any QB ever seen before. Watching him scramble 20 yards back in the backfield, look for sure like its going to be a huge loss and then turn it into a 40 yard play is just amazing imo. He's not a HOF QB but he has a great arm, he has great feet. He would do well if he goes to a team that doesnt' try to force him to be a pocket passer like Atlanta did a few times.

To be successful I don't know a lot about the Rams but they would have to commit solely to a pure spread offense and I don't know what there personel looks like so it would all depend. I think he would best be suited in a Mike Martz type of offense.
                            Are you fucking high? Best suited in a Mike Martz offence?

Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

Working...