X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wildcard
    ®3+@®d5 = 6®0@n5
    • Oct 2008

Raiders Players Want Mike Vick

It's premature for the Raiders to be measuring the former Falcons starting QB for a uniform, but some Oakland players are openly lobbying for the team to sign Vick after he's released from jail.

"You can just imagine what it would be like," Raiders fullback Justin Griffith, a former teammate in Atlanta, told the Contra Costa Times. "But until he gets out, and we actually get him up in here, and we see how he is as a player, it's all up to Mike, and it's all up to (Raiders owner Al Davis).

"Would we like to see it? Yes. Would it add a whole lot to your offense? Yes, it would, man, but until it happens, you just imagine how it (would be)."

Said former teammate Ashley Lelie, "You have to sign him, if you're the Raiders. Trust me, I've played against him before. You don't want him on the other team. I've seen what he can do."

Vick, in jail after pleading guilty to federal charges for his role in a dogfighting operation, is scheduled to be released in July 2009. He is currently suspended from the NFL and would have to apply for reinstatement.

Another former Falcons teammate now with the Raiders, CB DeAngelo Hall, joined Griffith and Lelie saying they'd put some of their salaries up as collateral if the Raiders would take a chance on Vick.

"Oh, yeah, definitely," Hall said. "I wouldn't have any second thought about doing it. I'll put in my contract the same stipulations or whatever, man. I know anytime something like that happens, you wake up and you smell the roses.

"After talking to Mike, he definitely knows what's happening. He has a family, kids, fiancée. He definitely wised up and got those riff-raffs away from him. He knows who his true friends are. He'll move on and go from there."
    Originally posted by Leftwich 2-14-2009
    I wasn't comparing myself to Wildcard. I honestly don't think I could compare myself to God.

• Roogy
    Bi-Winning
    • Oct 2008

If this guy gets back into the NFL, I think the NFL is going to lose some respect in a lot of peoples eyes.
    :pedobear:

Comment

• Wildcard
      ®3+@®d5 = 6®0@n5
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Roogy
      If this guy gets back into the NFL, I think the NFL is going to lose some respect in a lot of peoples eyes.
      He should come back, and JaMarcus should go to jail for stealing all that money the Raiders gave him.

He wasn't even that good in college... there were QB's with better numbers. I don't see why this guy was drafted so high when other QB's with better mechanics and numbers aren't even looked at. The NFL drafting system is flawed.
      I wasn't comparing myself to Wildcard. I honestly don't think I could compare myself to God.

Comment

• steeljake
        6 rings...
        • Oct 2008

i cant believe i thanked a wildcard post. vick had speed and that was it, he lacked work ethic. i think he deserves a second chance, we all do, but he is not an nfl quarter back.

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• Len B
          :moonwalk:
          • Oct 2008

Guy deserves a second chance, but I can't see Russell getting the axe this early.

Comment

• Roogy
            Bi-Winning
            • Oct 2008

I can see all the Madden cheesers rejoicing when news of him coming back happens...

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
              Beautiful Like Moses
              • Oct 2008

Dude will be back in the NFL, without quesiton.

Great bode of confidence for JaMarcus though.. lol.

Comment

• dboy_dc
                • Oct 2008

he'll come back and play in a preseason game only to scramble and a ref will jump in his way. the ref will get injured and Goodell will fine and put a lifetime ban on Vick for personal conduct on an official lol.

Comment

• Len B
                  :moonwalk:
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Tokyoo
                  No, Madden fans will rejoice when the Wildcat formation is placed in Madden along with Vick on Raiders. Picture the cheese..
                  I was just thinking Monday night what would happen if Madden incorporated that wildcat.

Comment

• j.hen
                    Self Care
                    • Oct 2008

Vick had his best year that last season he played.

Comment

• LC AAU
                      • Oct 2008

I love Mike Vick football wise. I hope he gets a second chance.
                      sig is too big, resize it

Comment

• Wildcard
                        ®3+@®d5 = 6®0@n5
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by steeljake75
                        i think he deserves a second chance, we all do, but he is not an nfl quarter back.
                        He has the same career QB Rating as your Beloved Eli Manning.

He is a proven winner who just hasn't had the opportunity to be mediocre on a great team like the Giants.

I like Mike Vick... I'll take him as my QB, not on Dallas obviously... but if he was a QB in this league he would find a nice home somewhere.

Comment

• Roogy
                          Bi-Winning
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Len B
                          I was just thinking Monday night what would happen if Madden incorporated that wildcat.
                          It'll be the new "feature" they advertise the hell out of..

Comment

• Rush
                            vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

Fuck the Raiders man, I want Mike Vick on the Bears.

I was watching his youtube highlight videos in class the other day on my ipod touch and he was so sick.

Comment

• Marms
                              • Oct 2008

lol raiders if they pick up Vick, that's pretty much telling Russell they're done with him already

Comment

Working...