• dell71
    Enter Sandman
    • Mar 2009

Damn, you were quick with this one. :D

Comment

• ram29jackson
      Noob
      • Nov 2008

the pro isnt about what the fan wants. Who gives a damn if the fans dont like the game.

The pro bowl is ultimately like a business trip to Vegas for most people.
      the players are awarded a trip to a vacation type/like spot for their good year in the game and they have to play a little pick up game while they are there. The players take it easy on each other intil the last quarter if the game is close because they realize the prize money at stake haha.

no point in talking about the pro bowl. theres nothing wrong with it. Thats just the way it is. Its a players reward, not a game for the fans.

Comment

• MrBill
        Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
        • Feb 2009

Good article. Dell makes some solid observations.

Comment

• jaxjaggywires
          Eradicator!!
          • Feb 2009

Bryant McKinnie just got his ass kicked off the team due to missing practices yesterday and today...dumbass.
          ...in my pants
          Fred Taylor for the HOF!
          Facebook - Twitter

Comment

• Bear Pand
            RIP Indy Colts
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ram29jackson
            the pro isnt about what the fan wants. Who gives a damn if the fans dont like the game.

the players are awarded a trip to a vacation type/like spot for their good year in the game and they have to play a little pick up game while they are there. The players take it easy on each other intil the last quarter if the game is close because they realize the prize money at stake haha.

no point in talking about the pro bowl. theres nothing wrong with it. Thats just the way it is. Its a players reward, not a game for the fans.

Yeah I guess that's why they let the fans vote on the roster, because it's not a game for the fans.

Comment

• MrBill
              Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jaxjaggywires
              Bryant McKinnie just got his ass kicked off the team due to missing practices yesterday and today...dumbass.
              You could make the case that he missed the championship game too since he looked like a big turnstile out there.

He was all over Twitter the morning after they lost talking about him and AP and Sidney Rice throwing some major party in Miami during Superbowl week. I thought it was a little strange that he cared so little about getting his ass kicked by the Saints DL in the biggest game of his career that less than 12 hours later, he was getting ready to go party. Not shocked to hear he put that ahead of his pro bowl obligations.

Comment

• Rayman
                Spic 'n Spanish
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MrBill
                You could make the case that he missed the championship game too since he looked like a big turnstile out there.

He was all over Twitter the morning after they lost talking about him and AP and Sidney Rice throwing some major party in Miami during Superbowl week. I thought it was a little strange that he cared so little about getting his ass kicked by the Saints DL in the biggest game of his career that less than 12 hours later, he was getting ready to go party. Not shocked to hear he put that ahead of his pro bowl obligations.
                He tweeted that he wasn't dismissed, that he opted not to play because he was banged up.

Here was former U teammate Willis McGahee's response

Comment

• ram29jackson
                  Noob
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Killa Pand
                  Yeah I guess that's why they let the fans vote on the roster, because it's not a game for the fans.

the fans get to vote who they like the most. Beyond that ,its unimportant. That still doesnt change what the pro bowl bowl is. Just a show cased vacation for the NFL.

for the idiots that groaned my post. You truly have no critical thinking skills and cant see the Forest through the trees to save your simplistic lives.

the all star game / pro bowl is for fun for the players. Thats all it is .

Comment

• MrBill
                    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by RayManHCP42
                    He tweeted that he wasn't dismissed, that he opted not to play because he was banged up.

Here was former U teammate Willis McGahee's response

http://twitter.com/23McGahee/status/8423563332
                    Right, but he was tweeting Monday morning about heading to Miami to throw a series of parties at the "Mansion" club at the W hotel with AP and Sidney Rice. Check out @bigmacvikings for the full list on twitter.

Good on McGahee for calling him out. I'm not a big Ravens fan but have always respected McGahee for giving 110% on the field on every play.

Comment

• Fox1994
                      Posts too much
                      • Dec 2008

the fans get to vote who they like the most. Beyond that ,its unimportant. That still doesnt change what the pro bowl bowl is. Just a show cased vacation for the NFL.

for the idiots that groaned my post. You truly have no critical thinking skills and cant see the Forest through the trees to save your simplistic lives.

the all star game / pro bowl is for fun for the players. Thats all it is .
                      Then how come the players don't want to go...

I didn't groan you, but I should've. :P

Edit: I ended-up groaning you.
                      Last edited by Fox1994; 01-31-2010, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• ram29jackson
                        Noob
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Fox1994
                        Then how come the players don't want to go...

I didn't groan you, but I should've. :P

its not that they dont want to go. They just dont want to play hard / all out in the game. they dont mind all the other vacation perks though haha

the linemen will just bump into eachother and the skill players will run around.

if its close in the fourth quarter it will get a little competative for the cash though.

Comment

• Fox1994
                          Posts too much
                          • Dec 2008

its not that they dont want to go. They just dont want to play hard / all out in the game. they dont mind all the other vacation perks though haha

the linemen will just bump into eachother and the skill players will run around.

if its close in the fourth quarter it will get a little competative for the cash though.
                          So why isn't Phillis Rivers going? Hurt feelings isn't an injury. He's not going because he doesn't want to go.

The Super Bowl players can't go because they're coaches won't allow it and/or they have something more important than an exhibition game with fucked-up rules to play in.

I still don't understand why the fuck they moved it out of the not-oft-used (besides UH games) Aloha Stadium or why players are supposedly being forced to go this year, even if they can't play (namely Saints/Colts players).

Comment

• packersfan4eva
                            Ryan Luxem
                            • Dec 2008

The point of all All-Star games is fan enjoyment. That's the reason why the fans vote; they want to see their favorite players play. As you saw with the Vikings player who got kicked off the Pro Bowl team, lots of the players there don't even want to play. That's why 5 or 6 players every year drop out. If you really wanted to reward the players, give them a bonus and a free trip without football or something like that.

Originally posted by Miggyfan99
                            I would get fucked in the ass for WS tickets too... only if Miguel was playing though

Comment

• Fox1994
                              Posts too much
                              • Dec 2008

^Or bring back the skills challenges and televise that shit. Make it an event. They enjoyed those, we enjoyed those...

Comment

Working...