• Show
Clear All
  • FirstTimer
    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
    Here's what you gotta do.

SCRAP THE FUCKING PRO BOWL.

Instead, build some flag football (cause really, they don't play hard enough for pads anyways) teams out of the 8 divisions and have a 1-2 day long tournament.
    On the side, have skill competitions (40 yard dash, throwing accuracy, kicking competitions, etc)

That could be entertaining to people.

Watching half assed football with the almost best players in the league? Retarded and pointless.
    Robert Edwards hates this idea.

For shame a Patriot Fan forgetting this!

Even if it was flag football in the sand.

Comment

• NAHSTE
      Probably owns the site
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer

Literally the exact same response Larry and I already gave for this preposterous idea. Flag football? Seriously? Do you know how boring it would be to watch NFL players play flag football?

Comment

• citizenerased
        Rugby World Cup Champion
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by brees fan
        I think that they should field a team of all-pros and then make the rookies play them, that way at least one side is trying and we can get a sneak peek of the players coming up from college in an nfl setting... Plus I just love how excited a rookie gets when he gets to go on the field, their legs never stop moving even after the plays over...
        Isn't that what it used to be? The All Pro Team vs a College All Star team?
        Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• brees fan
          Shotgunning 4ur sins
          • Jan 2009

I'm not sure that I ever remember it being like that could have been though I never really paid much attention to the pro bowl, it does make alot more sense to me than having a bunch of guys go out and half ass it...
          Last edited by brees fan; 02-04-2010, 05:46 PM.
          (*)I am a 25 year old pathological liar. I didn't have any friends growing up, so I feel that I have to impress people I may never meet online with fabricated stories. Any threads/messages I write are strictly false, and have no relevance to any daily experiences in my life. Basically, I am just a law respecting, citizen with no friends(*)

Comment

• Rayman
            Spic 'n Spanish
            • Feb 2009

Here's what you gotta do.

SCRAP THE FUCKING PRO BOWL.

Instead, build some flag football (cause really, they don't play hard enough for pads anyways) teams out of the 8 divisions and have a 1-2 day long tournament.

On the side, have skill competitions (40 yard dash, throwing accuracy, kicking competitions, etc)

That could be entertaining to people.

Watching half assed football with the almost best players in the league? Retarded and pointless.
            Robert Edwards thinks this is a horrible idea.

Comment

• killgod
              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by FirstTimer

Oh I remember. Even worse, dude went on to play for the Alouettes (and Argos) in the CFL...who (for those that don't know, which is all of VSN) would be the dominant force of the past decade and rival to my beloved Tiger Cats.

So not only did I lose him as a Patriot but he went on to hurt me.

Comment

• killgod
                OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by NAHSTE13
                Literally the exact same response Larry and I already gave for this preposterous idea. Flag football? Seriously? Do you know how boring it would be to watch NFL players play flag football?
                About as boring as football in pads at 50% speed and no touching of the QB's?

I won't go on and say it's a great idea, but it's not like what they are doing is a must see event...more like a most avoid event because it's worthless IMO.

Comment

• Fox1994
                  Posts too much
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by ram29jackson
                  heres the math for you buckwheat. If this game were for the fans. The players would actually be obligated to play by the league. it doesnt matter that a second or third guy in line goes. that player still gets a vacation week, a few perks and plays a pick up football game that american money is still willing to pay for and show on tv.

the game is not for the fans. just because players decline to play in it doesnt make it any less true.
                  Alright, c'mon. Explain. That was no kind of explanation. You explained how it's possibly not a for-the-fans event. That goes without saying as all the fans oppose it. You know, sans the fact that the NFL - like all SPECTATOR events - is for the fans...

But, how does this make it 'for the players'? Maybe it's 'for the owners'? 'For Roger Goodell?' You didn't really explain why/how the players like the Pro Bowl.

Originally posted by red33
                  they should have the players play air hockey and beer pong instead.
                  This

Originally posted by citizenerased
                  Notre Dame played a championship-won Giants/Colts team once upon a time way, way, way back in the day billing it as "The Pro Bowl", I believe... I read it in a book about Knute Rockne.

About as boring as football in pads at 50% speed and no touching of the QB's?

I won't go on and say it's a great idea, but it's not like what they are doing is a must see event...more like a most avoid event because it's worthless IMO.
                  Exactly.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by citizenerased
                    I think that ended in the 1970's. 1974 rings a bell.

I'll check.

*Edit* The last year it was played was in 1976 and it was between the Super Bowl Champs and a college All American Team.

Played from 34-76 with the exception of 1974.

Last edited by FirstTimer; 02-04-2010, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Working...