• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NAHSTE
    Probably owns the site
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Realist
    He was a FSU LOCK the whole time.

I disagree. I've been a FSU football(which has been down the last few years) and UNC basketball(way back to Dean Smith and through the dark days of Brad Daugherty) for years for various reasons(a couple of reasons are in my sig). If that makes me less than a fan for both schools, then that's ya opinion ;)

So sorry you had to suffer through those awful Daugherty years, all 0 years he ever coached. I think you mean Matt Doherty, and even then, he only coached there for 3 years. But yeah, you just proved every negative stereotype of bandwagon fans right.

Congrats.

Seriously, pick one team. FSU/UNC is a prime example of bandwagoning. They not play basketball at FSU?
    Last edited by NAHSTE; 02-04-2010, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• NAHSTE
      Probably owns the site
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by DaMMplaymaker
      I found a twin. I am a huge noles fan and UNC basketball fan.

Is it that hard to cheer for the same college all year?

Comment

• Sharkweather
        • Jul 2009

UNC football is about to be real good to. Should be top 15 next year.

But these guys only care about the shitty basketball team (at least this year).

el oh el

And you do realize UNC/FSU both play in the ACC?

Double

Comment

• Realist
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE13

So sorry you had to suffer through those awful Daugherty years, all 0 years he ever coached. I think you mean Matt Doherty, and even then, he only coached there for 3 years. But yeah, you just proved every negative stereotype of bandwagon fans right.

Congrats.

Seriously, pick one team.
          lol yea Matt, shit. I always do that.

But anyways. I'm far from a bandwagon fan so you can think what you want. Like I said, I have my reasons which I've explained before in the past. Sorry it doesn't meet your requirements, but it's not like your opinion really matters lol

Comment

• jHammack
            Noob
            • Feb 2009

Congrats.

Seriously, pick one team. FSU/UNC is a prime example of bandwagoning. They not play basketball at FSU?

Not only the fact that FSU plays basketball, but they play in the same conference. The worst around me growing up was people that liked Penn State football, but liked Pitt basketball. That probably pissed me off more than any other bandwagoner. Not to mention people who say they've been fans of UNC through all the losing seasons is kind of a joke.. They haven't had many throughout the years so that isn't really a valid point. And I don't have anything against UNC, because Duke has them too and when Memphis was winning all of those games they got them too, but it's just ridiculous how many UNC "fans" there are.
            Last edited by jHammack; 02-04-2010, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• NAHSTE
              Probably owns the site
              • Feb 2009

lol yea Matt, shit. I always do that.

But anyways. I'm far from a bandwagon fan so you can think what you want. Like I said, I have my reasons which I've explained before in the past. Sorry it doesn't meet your requirements, but it's not like your opinion really matters lol

Ok, just because you've been on the wagon a long time doesn't mean you didn't jump on it at some point. You seriously are a fan of football's most successful team of the 90s (coincidentally, around the time you became a fan I bet) and one of the most successful basketball teams of all-time.

And they are in the same conference.

Comment

• Realist
                • Mar 2009

Ok, just because you've been on the wagon a long time doesn't mean you didn't jump on it at some point. You seriously are a fan of football's most successful team of the 90s (coincidentally, around the time you became a fan I bet) and one of the most successful basketball teams of all-time.

And they are in the same conference.

Sorry, didn't know there were requirements of being a fan. But if I have to explain myself again, whether or not it changes your mind, i dont care. I'm a FSU fan mainly because of Deion. I didn't know much of anything about FSU honestly because i was pretty young. I just wanted to play and be like Deion, found out he went to FSU and just stuck with them, been a fan every since and this was before the first NC. Being as young as I was, I didn't understand "college" having both a football and basketball team. All I knew was Deion played for FSU.

As far as UNC goes, I had an uncle who was a diehard fan. He was like my dad growing up and I wanted to be just like him. He taught me a lot of the "man" things in life that my actual dad never did. He watched the games and so I watched them with him and took a liking.

So them being a winning program had nothing to do with it. Them being in the same conference doesn't matter to me either. UNC and FSU can lose the next 20 years, and it wouldnt chance my mind about either.

First it was "How can you be a fan for a school you never went to?" and now "you can't cheer for multiple schools." LOL

Comment

• NAHSTE
                  Probably owns the site
                  • Feb 2009

Sorry, didn't know there were requirements of being a fan. But if I have to explain myself again, whether or not it changes your mind, i dont care. I'm a FSU fan mainly because of Deion. I didn't know much of anything about FSU honestly because i was pretty young. I just wanted to play and be like Deion, found out he went to FSU and just stuck with them, been a fan every since and this was before the first NC. Being as young as I was, I didn't understand "college" having both a football and basketball team. All I knew was Deion played for FSU.

As far as UNC goes, I had an uncle who was a diehard fan. He was like my dad growing up and I wanted to be just like him. He taught me a lot of the "man" things in life that my actual dad never did. He watched the games and so I watched them with him and took a liking.

So them being a winning program had nothing to do with it. Them being in the same conference doesn't matter to me either. UNC and FSU can lose the next 20 years, and it wouldnt chance my mind about either.

First it was "How can you be a fan for a school you never went to?" and now "you can't cheer for multiple schools." LOL
                  It's always been like that. You don't see Georgia fans cheering for Kentucky during the winter do you? Or USC fans cheering for Stanford's bball team do you?

You may have your reasons, but you're still THAT GUY who likes UNC basketball but isn't man enough to like their football team. THAT GUY who picks and chooses his teams.

Why is it always UNC/Duke fans who have a different football team? Only those two it seems.

Comment

• Sharkweather
                    • Jul 2009

I've noticed that to NAHSTE.

I don't see many Kentucky, Louisville, Indiana fans running around in the fall, "GO TROJANS!", "GO GATORS!".

Comment

• NAHSTE
                      Probably owns the site
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Hova
                      I've noticed that to NAHSTE.

I don't see many Kentucky, Louisville, Indiana fans running around in the fall, "GO TROJANS!", "GO GATORS!".
                      I guess ACC fans are just that pathetic.

Comment

• Realist
                        • Mar 2009

It's always been like that. You don't see Georgia fans cheering for Kentucky during the winter do you? Or USC fans cheering for Stanford's bball team do you?

You may have your reasons, but you're still THAT GUY who likes UNC basketball but isn't man enough to like their football team. THAT GUY who picks and chooses his teams.

Why is it always UNC/Duke fans who have a different football team? Only those two it seems.
                        Oh no, I'm "That Guy"? Really man, if that's the only thing you can come up with with I'll be That Guy. And unless you are a fan of teams that are in the same state(usually your home state), or have some ties to a school, family or otherwise, we all "pick and choose" teams College or Pro.

Comment

• jHammack
                          Noob
                          • Feb 2009

It has nothing to do with "picking" teams. The fact is that if you're a fan of a college you should be a fan of that team. If you you like Florida State, then like their basketball team. If you like UNC then follow their football team. Don't follow one because their good and the other you don't follow because it is shitty.

You have the right to pick your own team. However, don't deny you're a bandwagon fan. Jumping on the bandwagon is common, but it's even worse when people deny it and try to make up excuses. Just don't fucking sit there and act like you're not a bandwagon fan, say you've been through the "losing" seasons, your uncles cousin cousin went to unc so you can be a fan, or that you've "always" been a fan.

Comment

• Realist
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by jHammack
                            It has nothing to do with "picking" teams. The fact is that if you're a fan of a college you should be a fan of that team. If you you like Florida State, then like their basketball team. If you like UNC then follow their football team. Don't follow one because their good and the other you don't follow because it is shitty.

You have the right to pick your own team. However, don't deny you're a bandwagon fan. Jumping on the bandwagon is common, but it's even worse when people deny it and try to make up excuses. Just don't fucking sit there and act like you're not a bandwagon fan, say you've been through the "losing" seasons, your uncles cousin cousin went to unc so you can be a fan, or that you've "always" been a fan.
                            LOL Are you mad? Seriously though, I think you have the wrong definition of what a "bandwagon" fan is. You jump on and off a bandwagon when a team is having success or losing respectively. So by your claim, I should love the gators and hate FSU now, correct? I didn't have the luxury of most "true fans" to go to their favorite school, or have family/friends who en-grained a certain team in their head. I guess since I'm not from FL or NC, I should pick teams from my home state as well too, College and Pro.

And also, who said I didn't like FSU's basketball or UNC's football? I sure don't remember saying that.

Comment

Working...