X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OnlyOneBeerLeft
    Fuck em
    • Oct 2008

Its Official...Haley to coach Chiefs

It was speculated for a while...what do you guys think of this? And on another note, how hard do you think Pioli tries to get Cassel to Kansas City?
  • corbin
    • Nov 2008

I wonder who takes over at O-Cord for Arizona. Good luck Haley though, you did well for the short time you were here.

Comment

• Aso
      The Serious House
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by raiderfan7
      Cassell is staying in NE unless they get him in a trade. I don't really see that happening though cause the chiefs don't really have any bargaining chips except for Bowe. But that would defeat the purpose of trading for Cassell
      LOL. To get Cassel a team would have to trade 2 first round picks because he has been franchised. Of course they won't franchise him then release him.

Bowe obviously isn't going anywhere. They can trade Johnson who wants out or Gonzalez. But none of that would matter because Cassel is franchised.

I think there is a good possibility the chiefs will trade for Cassel.

EDIT: Also Cassel's name is spelled with only 1 L.
      Last edited by Aso; 02-06-2009, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Aso
        The Serious House
        • Nov 2008

I think they might trade 2 firsts for a franchise QB.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
          Redsox
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Random Hero
          Yeah, Cassel was franchised today, so the likelihood of him going anywhere else is pretty much 0. He wants to stay in New England anyways.

Hopefully Haley can try to turn this team around a little bit.
          The reason why they franchised him so early is to have as much time as they can to find an offer for him before the draft. There are many teams that can use him, Detroit, Minnesota, KC, Tampa Bay just to name a few. I see him going to the chiefs though. Since Tony Gonzalez wants out of KC I wouldnt mind New England trading Cassel for him and a Draft pick. I say it is a 99% chance Cassel gets traded before the draft.

Comment

• Kia Kaha
            52Ray_Lewis
            • Dec 2008

Did you hear the rumors of Kurt Warner going to KC to team up with Haley, KC would be a decent team with Kurt there, Warner to Bowe all day long

Comment

• steeljake
              6 rings...
              • Oct 2008

i have heard that as well kia....

i dont see pioli giving up 2 1st rounders for cassel, to me he is chad pennington, he doesnt have a deep ball. leftwich is out there and is a FA.

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• DomePatrol
                Urdnot Style
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by steeljake75
                i have heard that as well kia....

i dont see pioli giving up 2 1st rounders for cassel, to me he is chad pennington, he doesnt have a deep ball. leftwich is out there and is a FA.
                Leftwhich could be an upgrade. With his 35 minute release of the ball.

Comment

• Kia Kaha
                  52Ray_Lewis
                  • Dec 2008

LMAO ^
                  But leftwhichi s an option but as Sttel Jake said Cassel aint really have a deep ball and thats what Bowe needs so IMO warner could be going to Kansas CITY!!!

Comment

• corbin
                    • Nov 2008

I will laugh if Warner goes to KC. What a joke that would be, go to a team that is in a re-building stage and go out on the bottom. Anyone that thinks the Chiefs would be a playoff team just because of Warner is out of their fucking mind. Have you seen that D put pressure on the QB since they got rid of Jared Allen? Have you seen Dorsey live up to his hype yet? Have you seen a decent LB on that team in the past few years? Is Bernard Pollard known for anything besides breaking Tom Brady's leg apart?

Comment

• Aso
                      The Serious House
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by celtsxpatsxsox
                      The reason why they franchised him so early is to have as much time as they can to find an offer for him before the draft. There are many teams that can use him, Detroit, Minnesota, KC, Tampa Bay just to name a few. I see him going to the chiefs though. Since Tony Gonzalez wants out of KC I wouldnt mind New England trading Cassel for him and a Draft pick. I say it is a 99% chance Cassel gets traded before the draft.
                      It can't happen though. Only can be 2 first round picks for Matt Cassel because he was franchised. I just want to make sure that is clear.

Comment

• corbin
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Raider21Magic12
                        I don't think they will be very good but they will be dangerous if they get Warner.
                        Scary team to who? Detroit Lions? Philadelphia Soul? Nah, I am rooting for the Chiefs and they have some good young players who need to progress. No way does Kurt Warner turn them into a scary team in my honest opinion. Kurt also needs an offensive line to be a good QB, they better start investing more picks into that baby if they want him to stay healthy.

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
                          Fuck em
                          • Oct 2008

im sorry but you all misunderstand the franchise rule horribly....right now, as is...ANY team can sign Cassel...if they do, THEN they compensate two 1st rounders. Now if a team tries to trade for him, it will NOT have to be two 2st round picks, it will be whatever the Patriots accept, the two 1st round rule is only because he is not an exclusive rights franchise player...exclusive rights means nobody else can even try to sign the franchised player. In his situation any team has the right to make an offer, and then the Patriots can match it, if they chose not to match it, the team that signed him not only gives up the money, but two 1st round picks...get it?

Comment

• Aso
                            The Serious House
                            • Nov 2008

The way i heard is that seeing that Matt Cassel signed the franchise tender, any team can sign him, then the Patriots could match the offer and they keep him for that 1 year franchise contract. If they choose not to match it then the Patriots get 2 first round picks from the team that signed Cassel.
                            Last edited by Aso; 02-06-2009, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                              Redsox
                              • Oct 2008

I found this on a website hope this helps explains it clear to people. Its pretty much what viruz said though.

You can tag and trade at any price/cost that is negotiated between the two teams.

The two first round picks only come into play if another team first signs the unrestricted free agent to a contract. The team that applied the tag would get two first round picks if they decide to not match the contract.

In a tag and trade, the first contract that is signed is the franchise tag contract immediately before the trade is commenced. Then after the trade is made, the player signs the new contract with the trade partner.

Comment

Working...