Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NAHSTE
    Probably owns the site
    • Feb 2009

Houston was terrible. To get a 4th and swap 5th's with Detroit is a coup. Thomas Dimitroff never fails to amaze me.

I was critical of the Dunta Robinson pick up, because I think Robinson is pretty overrated and now overpaid, but either way, he's 10x better than Chris Houston. Thank you TD.

Starters should be Robinson and Brian Williams with Grimes/Owens/Jackson battling for nickel.
    Last edited by NAHSTE; 03-08-2010, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• JTRaines92
      Boss
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE13
      Houston was terrible. To get a 4th and swap 5th's with Detroit is a coup. Thomas Dimitroff never fails to amaze me.

I was critical of the Dunta Robinson pick up, because I think Robinson is pretty overrated and now overpaid, but either way, he's 10x better than Chris Houston. Thank you TD.

Starters should be Robinson and Brian Williams with Grimes/Owens/Jackson battling for nickel.
      A healthy Williams is hands down the best CB on the team. I don't think he will be 100% all of next season so we will have to see what goes down.

Comment

• DoubleDeuce
        Spellin' n' shit
        • Feb 2009

I feel so much better knowing that your Gone Forever!

Comment

• Maize
          • Jan 2010

So the trade as I understand is:

Atlanta Sends:
          Chris Houston, CB
          5th Round Pick

Detroit Sends:
          5th Round Pick
          4th or 6th Round Pick

So we get Chris Houston for a 6th, then to further even it, we move down in the 5th round. Seems like a fine trade. Houston is still young and could be a potential starter or at least a nickel guy for us. The secondary still needs major help, so I am not totally against the trade. Seems fair enough.

But, it is not a done deal yet... Should be finalized some time today. I think the hold up is if it is either a 6th or 4th round pick.
          Last edited by Maize; 03-08-2010, 12:16 PM.
          "Arrive, Raise Hell, Leave" | Kentucky Wildcats
          2014 Season: 11-2 (7-2)
          Next Game: Bowl Game

Comment

• NAHSTE
            Probably owns the site
            • Feb 2009

I'll give Detroit credit for trying, but it seems like they're just trying to get better by sheer volume of moves instead of focusing on getting quality players.

Comment

• Blade
              Walking SAM site
              • Feb 2009

I didn't know there were so many frikkin Falcons fans on VSN.

Comment

• Buzzman
                • Oct 2008

I'll give Detroit credit for trying, but it seems like they're just trying to get better by sheer volume of moves instead of focusing on getting quality players.
                what are you talking about? Every player the Lions have signed or traded for have proven to be solid except for Houston.

Comment

• Maize
                  • Jan 2010

I agree, I think we have brought in some quality players, with Houston in question. It is nice to see us making moves in large quantity, but I think the quality is there as well.
                  "Arrive, Raise Hell, Leave" | Kentucky Wildcats
                  2014 Season: 11-2 (7-2)
                  Next Game: Bowl Game

Comment

• NAHSTE
                    Probably owns the site
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Buzzman
                    what are you talking about? Every player the Lions have signed or traded for have proven to be solid except for Houston.
                    Vanden Bosch is solid, I wanted the Falcs to get him. But he's still on the wrong side of 30.

Thomas Jones, solid, but sure to decline as he again, is on the wrong side of 30 and won't have the awesome OL he had with the Jets.

Good moves, I give Detroit credit for being active like I said. But let's not pretend like they're just stockpiling talent. They've made a lot of moves, and surely any addition they make is an improvement. But every single player they've added is either on the downside of his career (KVB, TJ), or is not an impact guy (Houston).

Comment

• Sven Draconian
                      Not a Scandanavian
                      • Feb 2009

Vanden Bosch is solid, I wanted the Falcs to get him. But he's still on the wrong side of 30.

Thomas Jones, solid, but sure to decline as he again, is on the wrong side of 30 and won't have the awesome OL he had with the Jets.

Good moves, I give Detroit credit for being active like I said. But let's not pretend like they're just stockpiling talent. They've made a lot of moves, and surely any addition they make is an improvement. But every single player they've added is either on the downside of his career (KVB, TJ), or is not an impact guy (Houston).
                      They didn't sign Thomas Jones.

Comment

• nesper
                        • Feb 2009

houston will start there is no doubt about that short of an injury. 99% of the people who follow football couldnt name the next two lions corners, i cant and have seen their names a few times over the last week. It's being sold here as houston is young (25) and is a "press" corner and not a zone guy. This was a move made so they dont have to take a corner but they probably will if their is potential when they hit the clock int he 2nd round. They dont even need to take a DL with thier first pick but i think they are going to anyways as most believe the best player available to them will be a d linemen when they pick in the first.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                          Probably owns the site
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Sven Draconian
                          They didn't sign Thomas Jones.
                          Wow, just re-read that thread. Fuck me for trusting VSN, and fuck whoever posted that fake news.

Comment

• Woy
                            RIP West
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Buzzman
                            KVB is on the down-side of his career and his sack totals have sharply declined over the last two years. I hope Schwartz finds new life in him, but I'll just say that I wasn't too upset that he decided to leave Tennessee.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

Working...