X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Argath
    $2 whore
    • Apr 2009

Jim Zorn

You do realize the only plays Zorn called were 4th downs and final 2 minutes of each half correct?
  • Golden Taters
    RIP West
    • Jul 2009

He was better with the Hawks, he joined Green Bay at the end of his career.

Comment

• Argath
      $2 whore
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Big AD
      Yes, and those were the worst play I think I've ever seen a coach call to be honest...

I just saw him go 0-6 and almost threw an INT...1985, Bears vs Packers

I know Sherm Lewis was callin plays there and assistants....

But either way. His gameplay shows why he needs to just be a QB coach. You cant teach a QB awareness of the field. You gotta pray he knows it

That's just a personal opinion. I know he can call good run plays and audible. I saw some nice ones in his career of playing here.

I just personally think hez worthless as anything but a QB coach...

I wanna see what other people think because Im a biased Eagles fan i believe...so...thought it might be an interesting debate/discussion

Zorn was the scapegoat for everything. In reality, he never actually got a chance to prove himself. He took over for a struggling injury plagued 6-10 team with an owner who finds a way to not just stick his hand in the cookie jar, but his whole fucking body. Zorn was set up to fail in Washington and was never going to be more than a 2 year place filler. He was only hired because no other coach wanted to work under Snyder.

As an avid Redskins fan, I felt Zorn could have actually been a very good coach. Like I said, he wasn't given any opportunites to succeed. Every move he made was scrutinized. Snyder expected to win right away, and when Snyder does get what he wants right away, he starts meddling in shit he should be meddling in. Not to mention Vinny Cerato was easily one of, if not the worst GM in football while he was in Washington.

I mean, you can't blame Zorn for Campbell over throwing a 5 yard RB screen for a pick 6, or Campbell checking down to short passes when we need 10 yards. If you watch all the redskins game, Zorn's play calls were actually not that bad, they were just poorly executed by the players, mainly Campbell. Campbell refused to throw it any more than 8 yards.

Sorry if it's a confusing read, I was kind of rambling on while watching TV and don't feel like editing. lulz.

Comment

• Aso
        The Serious House
        • Nov 2008

To be fair the Redskins don't have a lot of talent on offense. There was a span in 08 where in 7 weeks his Skins won 6 games.

Comment

• Argath
          $2 whore
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
          To be fair the Redskins don't have a lot of talent on offense. There was a span in 08 where in 7 weeks his Skins won 6 games.
          with Todd Collins at the helm for an injured Jason Campbell I migh add

Comment

• MRN
            MRNeverwearthesamething
            • Nov 2008

Im watching the 1985 Bears vs. Packers game, and now I realize why Jim Zorn is such a worthless coach...

Hez a worthless player too! i saw a ton of bad decisions, and I realize why he'd call the plays he did now.
            You do realize that this is at the end of his career, against the 1985 Bears defense?

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
              Fuck em
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by MRN
              against the 1985 Bears defense?
              beat me to it

Comment

• Bmore
                The True Free-Man
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by MRN
                You do realize that this is at the end of his career, against the 1985 Bears defense?
                We have a winna!

Comment

• Bmore
                  The True Free-Man
                  • Oct 2008

And we have a smartass!

Yay. feel good about yourself.

Did Zorn win a superbowl? No....

Now get to a real debate and not just that game...every GOOD QB has been good close to the end...Favre, Montana...

They don't lose their talent. If you don't have any though, you arent good.

The Bears stuffed the packers run game and wanted him to throw...he failed. Lost game. That's how they won.

Pats lost the SB because of their PASSING GAME NOT BEING GOOD!

(I apologize if Im harsh and generalizing...I needed some drunken amusement...)
                  ... and you are?

Comment

• Golden Taters
                    RIP West
                    • Jul 2009

Did Zorn win a superbowl? No....

I guess Dan Marino is terrible too then by your logic.

Comment

• dave
                      Go the fuck outside
                      • Oct 2008

Zorn was a good QB for Seattle, not great, but good.

Most of you fucks criticizing him never actually saw him play.

Fran Tarkenton-lite: good mobility, OK arm ... usually didn't have enough talent around him, other than Steve Largent and Curt Warner (the other Curt Warner, I guess).

Zorn had a decent NFL career.

Nuke, you're on crack. Not every NFL player is going to be a Hall of Famer. Zorn had a solid NFL career.
                      My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Nukleopatra
                        Posts a lot
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by dave
                        Zorn was a good QB for Seattle, not great, but good.

Most of you fucks criticizing him never actually saw him play.

Fran Tarkenton-lite: good mobility, OK arm ... usually didn't have enough talent around him, other than Steve Largent and Curt Warner (the other Curt Warner, I guess).

Zorn had a decent NFL career.

Nuke, you're on crack. Not every NFL player is going to be a Hall of Famer. Zorn had a solid NFL career.
                        Yeah. Jim Zorn was a ''solid'' NFL player.. His two seasons with more TDs than interceptions, and his two total seasons with more wins than losses, as Seattle's quarterback. The seasons he managed to play all 16 games, that is. The guy is hack all around. Or maybe I should allow his 4-3 record to count, since he doesn't have much going for him in this argument.

dave, do us all a favor and go back to defending Marc Bulger. You're about as fucking worthless in the NFL section, and Jim Zorn was as an NFL player.
                        Last edited by Nukleopatra; 03-09-2010, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• Nukleopatra
                          Posts a lot
                          • Nov 2008

Yes, Dave is right, Zorn had a GOOD, but not great career. Steve Largent helped in Seattle, Green Bay sucked...!
                          Define ''GOOD.''

44-62 win/loss record?
                          111 TDs - 141 interceptions?
                          0 playoff victories?
                          2 seasons with more TD passes than interceptions?
                          53% completion %?
                          67.3 QB rating?

Comment

• dave
                            Go the fuck outside
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Nukleopatra
                            Yeah. Jim Zorn was a ''solid'' NFL player.. His two seasons with more TDs than interceptions, and his two total seasons with more wins than losses, as Seattle's quarterback. The seasons he managed to play all 16 games, that is. The guy is hack all around. Or maybe I should allow his 4-3 record to count, since he doesn't have much going for him in this argument.

dave, do us all a favor and go back to defending Marc Bulger. You're about as fucking worthless in the NFL section, and Jim Zorn was as an NFL player.
                            Zorn played for an expansion team.
                            Yeah, he may have thrown a few too many INTs, but he has nothing to apologize for.
                            Again, I agree he was far from great, but anyone who could start that many games in the NFL has nothing to apologize for.
                            The man paid his dues and deserves some respect.

As a coach, it's unfair to judge him on the Washington stint, because that team has been run by the owner who knows nothing about football.

Watch the Redskins rise in the standings now that Shanahan is in charge of football operations.

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• dave
                              Go the fuck outside
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Nukleopatra
                              Forgot to reply to this.

I still defend Marc Bulger as a victim of injuries and a crappy surrounding cast.

And notice how I don't completely dismiss you because I disagree with you?

For a guy in his 30s, you need to grow the fuck up. It's ok to disagree without being disagreeable.

I was saying your criticism of Bulger was too harsh, I wasn't saying you rape children.

Comment

Working...