X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Herm
    Boomshakalaka
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ZAN71789
    Compared to his NCAA team, he is situational. And please don't be a know it all. We all know that you had to wikipedia Chris Johnson to find information....He went to ECU, and I doubt you are a Purple Pirate fan.

If speed was the measure of the NFL, Usain Bolt would be one hell of a runningback. Bottom line, he's only good when Lendale is softening the middle of the DL. He's a good third down back...He has to have a strong back that blows up the middle for him, because it's obvious he can't do it himself.
    Who the fuck are you? Do you know me? You start off by calling me a titans homer and ive never known you in my life. Im a titans fan and a football fan in general, what i posted about CJ was pretty common knowledge . But, if your dumbass wants to test my ECU knowledge here goes... Skip Holtz is the coach of ECU, notable alumni include Vonta Leach of the Texans, Aundrae Allison of the Vikings, and David Garrard of Jacksonville who has battled Crohn's disease.
    If you are a bears fan i would assume you knew that Justin Gage played college basketball at Mizzou as he was a bear for some years.

Im a know it all for posting a very commonly known fact about CJ and you try to post a statistical analysis you obviously had to look up to try to prove your point. Who's trying to be the know it all again?

You obviously havent watched a titans game this year. Chris Johnson is in for PASS BLOCKING on quite a few pass plays. Chris Johnson runs on 1st and 2nd down quite a bit. So hes what a 3rd down speedback huh???

CJ leads the AFC and is 5th in the NFL in yards from scrimmage per game. ONce again hes just a situational back though huh?

I came to check this site out because I knew rush,len, and kuzzy from another site but if guys like you are the norm around here my stay wont be long.

Comment

• Herm
      Boomshakalaka
      • Oct 2008

I apologize kind Sir after i did wiki like you accused me of.... I have a slight correction to my post about CJ in the 100M he was 2nd to Walter Dix in THE NATION, not just the state of Florida. I guess I shouldve googled and try to post a statistical analysis though for you.

to your post about speed being ultimate factor, usain bolt blah blah blah

No i think Bolt would be a terrible football player, he has good straight line speed and hasnt shown anyone he has the bodyframe to play RB in the NFL. If ANYTHING he could attempt to be a Deep threat WR.

The NFL should know that Olympic level sprinters arent the end all be all at WR though as Justin Gatlin failed miserably at an attmept already. You claimed that Forte was barely less elusive than CJ, the fact of the matter is they are in a whole different world. I referenced CJ's world class speed to prove that point. I never said speed was the ultimate factor in determining a NFL's players skill level.

Comment

• Herm
        Boomshakalaka
        • Oct 2008

nice the former bears castoff 12 Gage with the TD to take the lead

Comment

• Herm
          Boomshakalaka
          • Oct 2008

Marty Booker is a big MFer a couple times this game i thought he was Dez Clark

Comment

• Herm
            Boomshakalaka
            • Oct 2008

GG bears fans the D shut the titans running game down, but good teams adjust and Collins had a nice passing game.

Comment

• Rush
              vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

If Kyle Orton is healthy, the Bears would have won this game. Multiple times Grossman had guys open and he just didn't have it in him to get the ball to em. Forte had a great game, Grossman blew, our defense owned your 2-back system. Collins raped lol. We should have won.

Comment

• Herm
                Boomshakalaka
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Rush23
                If Kyle Orton is healthy, the Bears would have won this game. Multiple times Grossman had guys open and he just didn't have it in him to get the ball to em. Forte had a great game, Grossman blew, our defense owned your 2-back system. Collins raped lol. We should have won.
                I think Orton gives your team a better chance at winning for sure, but if we're going to play WhatIfs ... Titans shouldve had 7 more points but our FB fumbled on the 1 yard line untouched,lol

Chris Johnson& Lendale White> Forte & Kevin Jones

get heated all u want

Where's the guy now talking about how great Forte is in the second half, he didnt look too great in the second half of this game.. in fact he had to be spelled by garbage ass Kevin Jones. Forte's second half stats are greatly inflated after having 100 yards in the second half last week against terrible ass Detroit.

Chicago had great run defense but fortunately Norm Chow&Vince Young arent running the offense anymore,the combo of Kerry Collins and Mike Heimerdinger adjust accordingly and the Titans win because of it.
                Last edited by Herm; 11-09-2008, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• Rush
                  vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

Forte outplayed White & Johnson. Look at our playcalling tho, Grossman is awful but it's not his fault that they had him throw the ball 35+ times. I don't think Orton has done that one time this entire season.

With Orton, we would have won. Tennessee is a good team, nowhere near close to the best team in football, I don't know how they are undefeated.

I still love you hermy

Comment

• ZAN
                    ZAN
                    • Oct 2008

Truth be told, there is no best team in football. A few above averages and the rest are lumped together. If I had to pick a "best" team, that would be the New York Giants.

The Titans won today, but they won no more than Grossman lost it...

Comment

• ZAN
                      ZAN
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Herm
                      I think Orton gives your team a better chance at winning for sure, but if we're going to play WhatIfs ... Titans shouldve had 7 more points but our FB fumbled on the 1 yard line untouched,lol

Chris Johnson& Lendale White> Forte & Kevin Jones

get heated all u want

Where's the guy now talking about how great Forte is in the second half, he didnt look too great in the second half of this game.. in fact he had to be spelled by garbage ass Kevin Jones. Forte's second half stats are greatly inflated after having 100 yards in the second half last week against terrible ass Detroit.

Chicago had great run defense but fortunately Norm Chow&Vince Young arent running the offense anymore,the combo of Kerry Collins and Mike Heimerdinger adjust accordingly and the Titans win because of it.
                      WTF man?!

Had you watched the game, you would have noticed that the Bears were DOWN. Grossman was in, the Lions were stacking the box, and the Bears ran Power G almost every play. Forte earned his yards...

Comment

• Herm
                        Boomshakalaka
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ZAN71789
                        WTF man?!

Had you watched the game, you would have noticed that the Bears were DOWN. Grossman was in, the Lions were stacking the box, and the Bears ran Power G almost every play. Forte earned his yards...
                        Forte is a good player man no doubt.... and I didnt watch that Det vs Chicago game i was kinda talking out of my ass there messing with you. This game was the first time i saw him live, not in highlights, and i was definitely impressed.

I agree with you and Rush ( i still have a hard time NOT calling your Marshall) that if Orton played Chicago had a great chance to win.

As far as best team in football.... Id say its a tossup between NYG and TEN. NYG are the the defending champs and they are still playing great ball, so in my eyes they are the team to beat.

:thumbs:

nonetheless it was a good game to watch yesterday.... When is Hillenmeyer expected back?

Comment

• Rush
                          vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

All of the Bear fans at the sports bar I go to didn't even know he was injured. It wouldn't have made a big difference anyway. I was surprised when Nick Roach was starting and Hunter wasn't. We all thought he got benched lol

Comment

• Herm
                            Boomshakalaka
                            • Oct 2008

Hunter's the man dont hate

Comment

Working...