Do you think Case Keenum will go 1st overall in the NFL Draft?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Nathan Enderle has a better shot of going #1 overall.

Comment

• Fox1994
      Posts too much
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Esjay
      LOL @ Colt Brennan ever doing ANYTHING in the Super Bowl other than holding a fucking clip board. What a joke.

That's almost as bad as Case Keenum going #1 overall. Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Some of you clowns really have no idea what you're talking about. Kyle Boller being compared to Colt Brennan? Other than them both being garbage, that is completely off base. I think they're pretty much polar opposites actually.
      I actually think that's what the comparison is based off of. Them both sucking ass.

Originally posted by Sportsbuck
      I guess I might be in the minority here, but I consider it more pathetic to be the one doing the trolling than to be the one getting trolled.
      :learnvsn:

That's how we do's it, son. lol.

---

Back on topic, I think it's possible Keenum could go as high as the second round if he has a really great season, but big conference bias exists for a reason... STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE. If you don't play anybody, no one will take you seriously.

Occasionally, though, small-school QBs get picked because of an amazing amount of talent and skill... Does Keenum have it? I guess we'll see. They play UCLA at the Rose Bowl, Mississippi State at home, and TTU at Lubbock.

How they compete against these semi-competitive teams of good conferences will determine his legacy and draft rank.

Comment

• Archer
        Go the fuck outside
        • Oct 2008

He did beat and play well v Okie St last year so it's not like he can't lead teams v BCS conference opponents

I just don't think he has the talent to go number one overall

Comment

• Aso
          The Serious House
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by SonicRican
          I don't think Keenum will go #1 overall either. The biggest shame is that Colt Brennan didn't go #1 overall in 2008 to the Miami Dolphins. I consider it the biggest draft snub in NFL History.

But I think Fox1994's post makes sense, that's pretty much all Keenum can do. He can't make himself taller or have a stronger arm or better accuracy
          :lolwut:

Comment

• Fox1994
            Posts too much
            • Dec 2008

I don't think Keenum will go #1 overall either. The biggest shame is that Colt Brennan didn't go #1 overall in 2008 to the Miami Dolphins. I consider it the biggest draft snub in NFL History.

But I think Fox1994's post makes sense, that's pretty much all Keenum can do. He can't make himself taller or have a stronger arm or better accuracy
            Thanks, so did your first few. Since then, it's been Colt Brennan homerism... Mixing comedy and seriousness in a way that is almost awe-inspiring.

Comment

• Senser81
              VSN Poster of the Year
              • Feb 2009

Remember when Brian Brohm was going 1st overall in the NFL draft? A lot can happen in one year.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                Probably owns the site
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
                Remember when Brian Brohm was going 1st overall in the NFL draft? A lot can happen in one year.
                LOL at Brian Brohm. He was drafted to be the Green Bay Packers backup and lost the competition to a 7th round pick.

Comment

• Rayman
                  Spic 'n Spanish
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Hasselbeck
                  Like.... this?

It's cool.

On that day, Colt learned how it feels to be raped.

Comment

• Fox1994
                    Posts too much
                    • Dec 2008

Colt didn't rape anyone. I know how he feels. He's a good looking guy and gets rejected by hot girl who he should be with and instead of letting that bitch try to humiliate him, he breaks into her room and slaps her around a bit and gets what he wanted from her.

That's the problem, is that America tries to make dudes like Colt Brennan out to be bad guys when he was only making effective use of the slap-a-ho philosophy
                    lol. And to think I initially took you seriously.

Comment

• G-men
                      Posts too much
                      • Nov 2011

im starting to think this guy isnt a troll. i think hes actually being legitimately serious and that the truly sad part.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                        War Hero
                        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Fox1994
                        Back on topic, I think it's possible Keenum could go as high as the second round if he has a really great season, but big conference bias exists for a reason... STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE. If you don't play anybody, no one will take you seriously.

Occasionally, though, small-school QBs get picked because of an amazing amount of talent and skill... Does Keenum have it? I guess we'll see. They play UCLA at the Rose Bowl, Mississippi State at home, and TTU at Lubbock.

How they compete against these semi-competitive teams of good conferences will determine his legacy and draft rank.
                        Yeah but I guarentee Pat Devlin of Delaware and Nathan Enderle of Idaho are both drafted before Keenum plus guys like Flacco, Pennington, and Roethlisberger were first rounders so your strength of schedule argument doesn't really fly. Case Keenum plays in a gimmick offense that doesn't translate well to the NFL. He'll be a mid round pick at best and flounder away deep on a bench or practice squad until the wide open passing game of the CFL calls.

Comment

• Senser81
                          VSN Poster of the Year
                          • Feb 2009

I think teams are so intent on finding a franchise QB, they don't really care about big school or small school. And the guy doesn't even need to have overwhelming physical gifts. Guys like Alex Smith and David Carr were #1 overall picks. Brett Favre went to Southern Miss. Steve McNair went to Alcorn State. IIRC, Daunte Culpepper went to UCF.

If Keenum has a great year, and the hype is right, there really isn't any reason he couldn't be a #1 overall pick.

Comment

• G-men
                            Posts too much
                            • Nov 2011

its not the big school/small school thing that gets quarterbacks drafted. its how well they show their physical tools that they have. thats why players like Roethlisberger and Flacco get drafted high, because scouts see that they are truly good QBs. Colt Brennan didn't have the tools these guys have and therefore no one thought that high of him. if he was good, he was have proven it at camp and been given a chance already. Tom Brady did it. Brennan cant make an NFL roster for a reason.

Comment

• Gonzo
                              Colts Supremicist
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Tailback U
                              Colt Brennan can literally THROW WHILE RUNNING.

Comment

• Maize
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Senser81
                                Truth. I think it would be difficult for Keenum to go #1, but if Andre Ware and Sam Bradford can do it, so can Keenum. I still think it will be difficult to beat out Andrew Luck, Jake Locker, Pat Devlin, Ryan Mallet, Nick Foles, Ricky Stanzi, Nathan Enderle, Terrelle Pryor and Christian Ponder... but, we'll see.
                                "Arrive, Raise Hell, Leave" | Kentucky Wildcats
                                2014 Season: 11-2 (7-2)
                                Next Game: Bowl Game

Comment

Working...