• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aso
    The Serious House
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Fox1994
    Haha. Touche.
    I hear that so much and it annoys the shit out of me, lol.

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Diivox
      I loved that story about Deion and Rice. excellent post. From what i've heard, TO got alot of his primadonna act from Rice, who would demand the ball in a very douchetastic way in san francisco. that legendary work ethic of his made him quite a prick. i think that if Rice played today, in the age of twitter and profootballtalk and cell phone video cameras, people would really dislike him.
      I stand by my next statement whole heartedly.

Randy Moss and Terrell Owens became the assholes they were because of Rice and Carter.

Ill never say those guys were bad teammates. They werent. But they had massive egos and primadonna attitudes. For Rice it worked and worked well. Long as he was the glamour boy all was good. To his credit none of his bitchiness stopped the team from winning or made it to the public. Thats how its supposed to work.
      Like you said too many prying eyes for anything to just stay in the Locker room anymore.

As for Carter. It was slightly different. He wanted very much to take Moss under his wing. But Denny Green and He let Moss act up and were always giving him the "atta boy" treatment everything he did. Noone kept his ego in check. That spurred him into being a great WR but a terribly selfish and arrogant prick.

Noone will ever confuse Rice and Carter with sweethearts. But they knew hot to keep things in check and knew how to be professional on the field and in front of cameras. The Post Moss/TO gen lost all sense of restraint and perspective IMO.
      Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• Fox1994
        Posts too much
        • Dec 2008

Hmmmm. Shame how it worked out, eh?

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fox1994
          Hmmmm. Shame how it worked out, eh?
          Some slight attitude adjustments early in there careers and we'd have entirely different perspectives on there careers.

That said. Without there antics likelyhood is theyre still in SF and Minny. Who knows if either play in a SB as they already have.
          Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• Fox1994
            Posts too much
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by KINGOFOOTBALL
            Some slight attitude adjustments early in there careers and we'd have entirely different perspectives on there careers.

That said. Without there antics likelyhood is theyre still in SF and Minny. Who knows if either play in a SB as they already have.
            I don't doubt it. Randy Moss has elevated the play of literally every quarterback his played with not named Aaron Brooks.

And can you imagine T.O. minus the locker room destruction? He'd be like T.O. ... minus the locker room destruction.

Comment

• Rayman
              Spic 'n Spanish
              • Feb 2009

I stand by my next statement whole heartedly.

Randy Moss and Terrell Owens became the assholes they were because of Rice and Carter.

Ill never say those guys were bad teammates. They werent. But they had massive egos and primadonna attitudes. For Rice it worked and worked well. Long as he was the glamour boy all was good. To his credit none of his bitchiness stopped the team from winning or made it to the public. Thats how its supposed to work.
              Like you said too many prying eyes for anything to just stay in the Locker room anymore.

As for Carter. It was slightly different. He wanted very much to take Moss under his wing. But Denny Green and He let Moss act up and were always giving him the "atta boy" treatment everything he did. Noone kept his ego in check. That spurred him into being a great WR but a terribly selfish and arrogant prick.

Noone will ever confuse Rice and Carter with sweethearts. But they knew hot to keep things in check and knew how to be professional on the field and in front of cameras. The Post Moss/TO gen lost all sense of restraint and perspective IMO.
              Truth in every word.

Every TO bio I've ever read contains some variation of "He was always the nicest guy until his later years in SF".

He learned the best way to achieve greatness from Rice. Trouble was, he took the good with the bad and enhanced it. This is why he constantly doesn't understand why he's so hated.

And I'll come out and say this; Carter always was and still is a tremendous prick.

Comment

• Senser81
                VSN Poster of the Year
                • Feb 2009

Sanders was the best cover guy I've seen. A very good returner, too. Rod Woodson was the better overall football player. He was also a good return man. Woodson is probably the best athlete the Big10 has produced in the past 30 years.

I think Woodson had the better overall career in terms of production, but I think Sanders was more dominant in his prime.

Darrell Green was a nice player who played a long time, but you can't compare him to Sanders and Woodson. That would be like comparing Carlton Fisk to Johnny Bench and Yogi Berra.

Comment

• Diivox
                  It's the other way.
                  • Apr 2009

it was something that never made it's way to the public because he produced. and that's the bottom line. football is about production. if someone does everything he can to help a team win, if he comes through in the clutch, if he delivers day in day out and works hard... nobody cares about what he says. Actually, I don't think this is even isolated to football. results never lie. and if im going to war with a guy who boasts and talks shit constantly about how awesome he is, if he backs it up, ill be happy to do it.

but these days someones boastful comments make him look like a douchebag, and very quickly we forget the context. people are very quick to point a finger. shit. this whole forum is held together by hating on people. if you and your signifigant other are having a problem, try hating on a third party, and watch how quickly you two are getting along again. its just human nature.

Comment

• JoeCreed
                    Noob
                    • Aug 2010

Deion no doubt. Totally took the best receiving option out of the game. Tackle smackle, I want my corner to shut down your top WR and that's what Prime did.

Comment

• Fox1994
                      Posts too much
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Diivox
                      it was something that never made it's way to the public because he produced. and that's the bottom line. football is about production. if someone does everything he can to help a team win, if he comes through in the clutch, if he delivers day in day out and works hard... nobody cares about what he says. Actually, I don't think this is even isolated to football. results never lie. and if im going to war with a guy who boasts and talks shit constantly about how awesome he is, if he backs it up, ill be happy to do it.

but these days someones boastful comments make him look like a douchebag, and very quickly we forget the context. people are very quick to point a finger. shit. this whole forum is held together by hating on people. if you and your signifigant other are having a problem, try hating on a third party, and watch how quickly you two are getting along again. its just human nature.
                      lol. Damn, Diivox got all deep on us. That's an interesting sociological commentary on this site and people in general.

It's sort of interesting now that you mention it. It's not like football players used to be quieter, it's just that we heard them less. There was no twitter, ESPN was only launched in 1979... These guys have always been like this, it's just that now they get more coverage and we give them more of our time.

Originally posted by JoeCreed
                      Deion no doubt. Totally took the best receiving option out of the game. Tackle smackle, I want my corner to shut down your top WR and that's what Prime did.
                      lol. "Tackle smackle." I can dig it.

Comment

Working...