Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FUSE
    • Oct 2008

Brandon Marshall and the NBA?

DAVIE, Fla. -- Dolphins wide receiver Brandon Marshall said Thursday that if NFL teams lock out the players next year, he will try out for the NBA.

Marshall said he plans to audition for either the Denver Nuggets or the Miami Heat.

"My first team will be the Nuggets and my second team will be the Heat -- I'm serious," Marshall said.

“Marshall I'm going to be on an NBA team. Seriously.” -- Brandon Marshall on playing in NBA in case of an NFL lockout in 2011

Asked to clarify whether he will pursue a basketball career if there is no NFL season in 2011, Marshall said: "Not pursuing -- I'm going to be on an NBA team. Seriously."

Marshall said he was good enough to play shooting guard professionally.

The Pro Bowl wideout played basketball at Lake Howell High School in Florida and frequently attended NBA games in Denver.

Marshall, who signed a four-year, $47.5 million contract extension after being traded from Denver to Miami in April, didn't expect to be playing football at this time next year.

"There's not going to be any football," Marshall predicted. "If there's a lockout, I have to find a job. I figure the Nuggets will be a better choice because of the welcome home cheer I'll get -- a couple of boos at first. I'm gonna get with a basketball coach and get to work, prepare for the lockout."

News of Marshall's plans surprised the Dolphins, but didn't worry them either. Told about Marshall's lockout game plan, Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said, "I've seen him jump -- he's not playing basketball."

Marshall insists otherwise. He has spoken to his agent about it and intends to follow through on it.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.
  • red33
    • Feb 2009

harder to transition from NFL to NBA then NBA to NFL imo.

Comment

• Miami Flash15
      The Jets Suck
      • Jul 2009

Not worried, he'll change his mind when Miami wins the Super Bowl this year.

Comment

• Herm
        Boomshakalaka
        • Oct 2008

Sporano got jokes huh

Comment

• MmmmBeeeeer
          PTFO
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by houtz
          I heard about this and I'm not the least bit worried.

Surely there has to be something in his contract that prevents him from doing such a thing.
          I think contracts are nulled if there is a lockout, but I could be wrong

Comment

• JeremyHight
            I wish I was Scrubs
            • Feb 2009

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said, "I've seen him jump -- he's not playing basketball."
            Sparano is fucking hilarious.

Comment

• NAHSTE
              Probably owns the site
              • Feb 2009

He'll probably average a higher yards per catch.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                The Greatest
                • Feb 2009

Good Luck Terrell.

Comment

• Miami Flash15
                  The Jets Suck
                  • Jul 2009

Does he not know about the NBA lockout?

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                    Beautiful Like Moses
                    • Oct 2008

Sparano's comments are the only good things to come out of this story.

Comment

• JoeCreed
                      Noob
                      • Aug 2010

I'm pretty sure if he could play in the NBA he already would be. $20 mill a season sounds a lot better.

Comment

• JoeCreed
                        Noob
                        • Aug 2010

Besides, he might be so lost on Revis Island that he may not make it back to the mainland in time for next year's NBA season. (o:

Comment

Working...