• Show
Clear All
  • Senser81
    VSN Poster of the Year
    • Feb 2009

Interesting Week 1 NCAA games

9/2 Thursday
    Pitt at Utah

Should be a good matchup between overachieving Utah and underachieving Pitt. I would guess that Wannstedt does something to cost his team the game.

9/4 Saturday
    Colorado at Colorado State

I enjoy watching this rivalry game every year. Colorado State has had their share of upsets. Colorado has really gone downhill.

UConn at Michigan

An odd scheduling job, but a home loss to a disciplined UConn team could be the death knell for Rich Rod.

Oregon State at TCU

Similar smashmouth schools do battle. Oregon State usually gets stronger as the year goes on, so I expect TCU to take this.

LSU at UNC

Two of my least-favorite programs, we'll see if UNC is finally living up to the hype it receives, or if its still a mediocre program.

9/6 Monday
    Boise State at Virginia Tech

If this is similar to Boise's game against Oregon last year, it should be a great one.
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

9/6 Monday
    Boise State at Virginia Tech

If this is similar to Boise's game against Oregon last year, it should be a great one.

I'll be pulling for Boise here, because they likely go unbeaten if they win, meaning people will be shitting on the BCS at the end of the year again when a one loss team is playing for the title.

Comment

• Chrispy
      Needs a hobby
      • Dec 2008

I can't wait for Uconn vs. Michigan, if Uconn can win it thats a huge moment boost for them and if Michigan loses alot of people are going to be talking and not in a good way.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Hartdaddy
        I hope Boise State gets fucking raped by Va Tech on national television, so everyone can see them as what they really are-- irrelevant.
        Oklahoma & Oregon had a chance to "rape" them and failed, but I'm sure guys like you are just waiting for Boise to lose a high profile game like this so you can say "see? I told you they suck!". Too late for that.

I don't really give two shits about Boise, but we need teams like them to ensure the BCS gets shit on every year, and wacky congressmen can claim monopoly. Anything bad for the BCS is ok with me.

Comment

• Atlas
          BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
          • Feb 2010

VT lost damn near everyone on defense, so Boise is catching them at the right time... I honestly hope Boise rapes VT in their own backyard...

Comment

• Fox1994
            Posts too much
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Hartdaddy
            I hope Boise State gets fucking raped by Va Tech on national television, so everyone can see them as what they really are-- irrelevant.
            Yes, they're certainly irrelevant now, as a constant top-ten team and perennial BCS buster. They, in fact, have the same post-season record (and BCS record) in the past four years as Ohio State. Isn't that something?

They beat Oregon, they beat Oklahoma, they beat similarly overachieving TCU.

If they win, they'll most probably go undefeated. Will they still be irrelevant then?

Originally posted by SonicRican
            You're angry and you're jealous. Your program is down in the dumps about to get a postseason ban for all those recruiting violations, about to get your BCS appearances removed, so you want VA Tech to fall too.

West Virginia isn't the team in the Big East anymore. Pittsburgh's taking over. :cool:
            Isn't this guy great? Completely skip over back-to-back defending champions in Cincinnati...

Which isn't to say Pitt's no good. They're coming off of a ten-win season, but let's let Cinci fall off before we take their title from them.

Comment

• Buzzman
              • Oct 2008

Lets hope Michigan loses to UConn so we can get rid of the disease.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                Probably owns the site
                • Feb 2009

What don't you like about LSU, senser? I'm really bummed I won't be able to to make it to Atlanta for that game, but HD in the living room will have to do.

Gonna be a great opening weekend. Pulling for Boise St., Utah, and TCU. I embrace the chaos.

Comment

• Senser81
                  VSN Poster of the Year
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BobSmuggins
                  What don't you like about LSU, senser? I'm really bummed I won't be able to to make it to Atlanta for that game, but HD in the living room will have to do.
                  I hate most of their players, I hate their "style" of football, I hate their fan base, and I think Les Miles is a complete moron.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                    Probably owns the site
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
                    I hate most of their players, I hate their "style" of football, I hate their fan base, and I think Les Miles is a complete moron.
                    Still smarting from that '01-'02 Sugar Bowl ass whoopin I see.

Comment

• Rudi
                      #CyCueto
                      • Nov 2008

Sept 2nd Ohio State vs. Marshall is gunna be tight. Thursday night game at The Shoe. my birthday is the 3rd

Comment

• Senser81
                        VSN Poster of the Year
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BobSmuggins
                        Still smarting from that 2001-02 Sugar Bowl ass whoopin I see.

That was to be expected.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                          Probably owns the site
                          • Feb 2009

That was to be expected.
                          :smugrussell:

Comment

• Fox1994
                            Posts too much
                            • Dec 2008

Hmmm. Why do you hate most of their players? What about their 'style' do you hate?

I agree with the fanbase (it's hard to like any fanbase - the majority are bandwagonners, brainless homers, or both), and Les Miles isn't the coach Saban was... or is.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                              Probably owns the site
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fox1994
                              Hmmm. Why do you hate most of their players? What about their 'style' do you hate?

I agree with the fanbase (it's hard to like any fanbase - the majority are bandwagonners, brainless homers, or both), and Les Miles isn't the coach Saban was... or is.
                              Agreed. He's actually done better while at LSU through his first 5 years. Imagine that.

Comment

Working...