• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CCBrink
    Awkward Swag
    • May 2009

Cardinals Reportedly Shopping Leinart

Loleinart

The Arizona Cardinals have taken the next step in moving to the post-Matt Leinart(notes) era as the club has begun actively shopping the quarterback.

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reported that the Cardinals are working the phones to see if they can generate some interest in the former first-round draft pick and Heisman Trophy winner from USC. It’s not known what the team is seeking, but it can’t be a lot.

Leinart has run his course in Arizona and it was evident last week that he would not be the team’s starting quarterback this season. In fact, we noted here that Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic speculated that Leinart could be flat out released by the team before Saturday’s deadline to reach 53 players.

Leinart isn’t happy with the situation but he should look at this as a positive. He needs a fresh start and the sooner he can get out of Arizona, the better off he will be.

• Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Why the fuck would anyone trade for this piece of shit? He's terrible.

Comment

• SHOGUN
      4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
      • Jul 2009

Leinart was supposedly given the keys to actually run the team and finally be "the guy", he outplays Anderson in TC and preseason despite limited reps, yet he still loses his job and possibly his roster spot....?

A shitty situation for both sides to be honest. Whisenhunt, despite all his talk, has never displayed an ounce of trust in Leinart this preseason and Matt Leinart has been a bit of a punk about the situation.

I'm more pissed about the fact Whisenhunt couldn't convince the GM to pull the trigger on a QB they did like sooner instead of settling for Derek Anderson, a Sexy Rexy Univeristy valedictorian, and stringing Matt along like he was going to be your guy for so long, then pull the rug out from under him like this. He might as well have held a press conference telling everyone to temper their expectations because they were going to tank for a chance at Jake Locker/Ryan Mallett/Andrew Luck.

:obama:

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• IamMedellin
        Everything Burns...
        • Nov 2008

lmao...I bet he really regrets staying that extra year now

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
          • Feb 2009

Hes a douche.

Right after training camp is THE worst time to shop a guy around. Unless theres some tragic injury to a key starter noone will give you a nickel.
          Better off waiting for the season to start and seeing the demand go up as guys flop or get injured.
          Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• Aso
            The Serious House
            • Nov 2008

Matt Leinart is better suited for a West Coast offense. He played much better under Denny then Whisenhunt. Looking at possible trade destinations though I really don't see a lot of teams. Maybe the Browns.

Comment

• Blade
              Walking SAM site
              • Feb 2009

Cards and Vikes, both are fools. They could have traded for McNabb and one team would have avoided a shitload of drama and the other team would have had a legit QB, instead being stuck with a thrower like DA. Cards were so dumb to think Leinart would actually be successful in that offense.

BTW...........where the hell is Nuk when you need him?

Comment

• citizenerased
                Rugby World Cup Champion
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Blade
                Cards and Vikes, both are fools. They could have traded for McNabb and one team would have avoided a shitload of drama and the other team would have had a legit QB, instead being stuck with a thrower like DA. Cards were so dumb to think Leinart would actually be successful in that offense.

BTW...........where the hell is Nuk when you need him?
                Hibernating, he'll be emerging from his glittery cave just in time for Sam Bradford's debut.
                Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• Cody
                  GOAAAAL
                  • Jul 2010

I believe he goes to Seattle.

Comment

• Apocalypse
                    • Nov 2008

Schefty says that the Bills, Raiders and Giants have discussed things with Arizona, :dontknow:

RIP West

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

I never saw a more drastic drop in quality (with the possible exception of the rare times the Colts play without Manning) in my life, as when Leinart would play in place of Warner. The entire offense would dramatically revert from a Super Bowl level well oiled machine, to barely able to get a first down. Leinart not only lacks skills, he's one of those guys who drags the entire huddle down to his level. He's the perfect example of a guy who you don't want as a backup. I'll take a "less talented" guy who brings fire to the huddle, like a Doug Flutie or Koy Detmer or Ryan Fitzpatrick, over a louse like Leinart any day.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by IamMedellin
                        lmao...I bet he really regrets staying that extra year now
                        Why? So he could come out and suck a year earlier?

Not sure what the Cards expect to get for Leinart. The draft only goes to 7 rounds.

Leinart has pretty much been a punk ass since college and he showed a lot of it right after the Rose Bowl game when he claimed USC was still the better team even though they just lost to Texas.

He's always had maturity issues and is basically Tony Romo off the field without Romo's talent/leadership off the field.

Leinart just comes off as a guy who was happy to make it to the NFL and be a QB so he could bang cocktail waitresses rather than a guy who really loved the game. Whenever he is on the field he just looks like he can't wait to get the hell off of it.

Comment

• Virix
                          I see you
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by FirstTimer
                          Why? So he could come out and suck a year earlier?
                          That extra year cost him around $10 million in guaranteed money if he went where he was projected to (1st ovr). Instead Alex Smith got that money. Being that his rookie deal is going to be the biggest payday of his life, I bet he does regret going back to school for what basically became the most expensive senior year of college in history.

Comment

• Blade
                            Walking SAM site
                            • Feb 2009

This fool still believes he can start.....

http://tmi.me/Wiqc
                            Just did the dan patrick show @dpshow to discuss my report that matt leinart is on the trade block. Leinart told me he wants to start somewhere and not be a backup
                            Jay_Glazer via UberTwitter
                            Also why the hell are the Giants willing to waste their time with this dude? Don't they have Eli AND Carr, Carr has actually proven to be a decent backup as long as the line is good in front of him.

Comment

• killgod
                              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Blade
                              This fool still believes he can start.....

Also why the hell are the Giants willing to waste their time with this dude? Don't they have Eli AND Carr, Carr has actually proven to be a decent backup as long as the line is good in front of him.
                              Sorgi was put on IR.

Comment

Working...