X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cody
    GOAAAAL
    • Jul 2010

Case Keenum Done

University of Houston quarterback Case Keenum will miss the remainder of the season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his knee, coach Kevin Sumlin said Sunday.

Also, junior backup quarterback Cotton Turner suffered a fractured clavicle and will miss the rest of the season.

“I am very disappointed for both these young men,” Sumlin said. “It’s hard to see them hurting right now. They both are a big part of this team and wanted to be contributors to its success this season. I think they can still do that with their off-the-field leadership.”

Both quarterbacks suffered the injuries in Saturday's 31-13 loss to UCLA.

Keenum, who began the season as a potential Heisman Trophy candidate, threw for 636 yards and five touchdowns this season.

Turner played in all three games, completing 74 percent of his passes for 180 yards and two touchdowns.
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

All this time, I thought his name was Casey.

Kind of like how I always thought Braden Looper's name was Brandon.

huh.

Comment

• NAHSTE
      Probably owns the site
      • Feb 2009

Even worse for Houston, their backup broke his collarbone so now they have a true freshman, Terrence Broadway, as the starter.

Broadway is from Baton Rouge so I read a lot about him last year. 6'2, 190, and runs in the low 4.8s. He wasn't quite SEC material as a QB and not good enough an athlete to change positions. We asked him to play safety, but I don't think we actually thought he would agree to, or that he'd be good at it if he did. Not very fast but very mobile.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
        Beautiful Like Moses
        • Oct 2008

I just shed a tear.

Comment

• Cody
          GOAAAAL
          • Jul 2010

There goes the season.

Comment

• Brotha2ThaNight
            Viva Sombrero
            • Apr 2009

OUCH! not that Houston mattered but damn starter and back up in 1 game...OUCH!
            Yahoo: BigVoo

Comment

Working...