Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scorask
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tengo Juego
    So, how good is Brandon Tate? This is a guy who will step in and play the Moss position, right?
    Compared to Moss's production last week; 1 pass thrown to, 0 catches, Tate should be ok.

Seriously though, the Pat's like Tate a lot. He has a lot of speed and if he can get in enough time with the offense with the buy week, I wouldn't be surprised if they use him to take some deep shots downfield. If successful, it should dumb down the whole "OMG, we just traded Moss, the season's over, fire BB".

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
      • Feb 2009

Itll be interesting to see if Moss still has the ability to make a QB look superhuman.
      Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
        Posts a lot
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Scorask
        Compared to Moss's production last week; 1 pass thrown to, 0 catches, Tate should be ok.

Seriously though, the Pat's like Tate a lot. He has a lot of speed and if he can get in enough time with the offense with the buy week, I wouldn't be surprised if they use him to take some deep shots downfield.
        Is it possible, that this deal was in development before this game? And it was a special teams heavy game.

But, you can't tell me that the team isn't going to have a hard time filling those shoes. Moss is pretty fucking good, still.

Comment

• Tailback U
          No substitute 4 strength.
          • Nov 2008

Is it possible, that this deal was in development before this game? And it was a special teams heavy game.

But, you can't tell me that the team is going to have a hard time filling those shoes. Moss is pretty fucking good, still.
          Tate will be good but anyone that thinks he is going to demand the attention that Moss did is downright silly.

A second year player who has done absolutely nothing is going to fill in for the greatest downfield receiver of all time?

The Pats aren't going to look for Tate to replace Moss, though. He is obviously going to get more targets and he will develop into a damn good receiver, but he will be asked to different things than Moss was, because he isn't going to be able to do what Moss was.

The Pats will spread the ball around and get back to playing football the way they did when they were going to super bowls. Plugging in no name wide receivers with Brady throwing the ball to 7 and 8 guys, rather than only targeting 1 or 2.

The problem for the Patriots is their defense, not offense. They will still be able to move the ball and put points on the board. They will have an efficient offense but not nearly as explosive, which could be a problem, because I don't see their defense stopping anyone.

Comment

• Tailback U
            No substitute 4 strength.
            • Nov 2008

From my Fanball app:

Moss had been becoming a distraction
            Posted: Wed, Oct 6, 10:04:18 PDT

THE NEWS:
            According to Pro Football Talk, Randy Moss had been becoming an "in -house distraction for the Patriots" in recent weeks, and was angering head coach Bill Belichick "at every turn."

OUR VIEW:
            Pro Football Talk's source said the Pats would not have dealt him had he not begun to hurt the team. Look for him to behave in Minnesota, however, as he begins one of his annual contract drives.

Comment

• KillaK
              Dreams!
              • Jun 2009

Maybe the Patriots were jealous of all the white people that the Colts had starting. Now the Pats have edelman, welker, gronkowski, and woodhead in skill positions, watchings a Pats game is going to be real weird now.

Comment

• Tengo Juego
                Posts a lot
                • Jun 2009

I wrote that wrong. I meant to say the team WOULD have a hard time filling his shoes. My mistake.

Comment

• Rayman
                  Spic 'n Spanish
                  • Feb 2009

So, how good is Brandon Tate? This is a guy who will step in and play the Moss position, right?
                  People forget that he, and not Hakeem Nicks, was the stud receiver at UNC before he blew his knee out.

Comment

• Yawkey Way
                    Free World Leader
                    • Oct 2008

Oddly enough, as a Patriots fan I like the deal. Moss has entered the "i do what i want when I want zone." The Patriots always do it their way and their way only, and Randy Moss cares about no one but himself. He continued to butt heads in the locker room and it was obvious it was time for him to go.

Since 2008 Randy Moss has been targeted the 2nd most times in the league on passes of 30+ yards or more. He's caught the ball 10 times, 6 of those were touchdowns. They've also given away 6 INT's. Not only has Brady forced the issue to Moss too much, but the team itself is moving away from the 2007 esque offense and back to the ways of 2001-2005. We now have 5-6 guys who Brady can trust to spread the ball around too. The Jets can tell you straight up, the Patriots became too reliant on Moss/Welker and no one else around them. Also, New England leads the league this year in 2 TE sets and focus much more on balance now(finally)

I know its not all gravy don't get me wrong, Moss opened up the underneath pass plays and was still one of the premier receivers in the game. A 3rd round pick was probably not enough for him, but when it comes down to it we traded him for a 4th rounder. 300+ receptions later we get a 3rd rounder out of it. Typical Patriots maneuver.

I think the time was right to get him out of the locker room. Our team is too young to have to worry about the Randy Moss sideshow. If you didn't adapt to the Patriots way of doing things(Corey Dillon), then you would kindly be shown the door when things went south( Asante, Deion Branch, must I go on?)
                    Let the Yawk is a homer comments begin.

Comment

• celtsxpatsxsox
                      Redsox
                      • Oct 2008

Supposedly Belichick had been shopping Moss for a few months but wanted to get good value for Moss until his antics on Monday night which turned the situation into a get what you can get for him.

Comment

• Yawkey Way
                        Free World Leader
                        • Oct 2008

I just don't understand how he could consider a sole 3rd round pick "value".

Didn't MInnesota offer the Chargers a 2 and a 4?

Comment

• ram29jackson
                          Noob
                          • Nov 2008

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijMjqkm9wcM&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

• ram29jackson
                            Noob
                            • Nov 2008

yaahoo Moss is a Viking ! time to dance

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GFmaMHSnIs&NR=1[/ame]

Comment

• Aso
                              The Serious House
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Yawkey Way
                              I just don't understand how he could consider a sole 3rd round pick "value".

Didn't MInnesota offer the Chargers a 2 and a 4?
                              IMO Vincent Jackson is better than Moss right now and with Vincent you'll have him for probably the 8 years or something like that (if they keep him for the rest of his career) where as you'll have moss for this season and maybe a couple more if they extend him. I initially thought it was too little too but after thinking about it, it's fair to me.

Comment

• Yawkey Way
                                Free World Leader
                                • Oct 2008

don't make me copy and paste tailbacks reply to you in the other thread

Comment

Working...