X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Right About/Wrong About

We are one month into the season, and every team has played at least four games. Now that we have a decent feel for what these teams are, let's look back at who we look to be right/wrong about....

I was wrong about...

-The Giants. This looked like a very mediocre team to me, and combined with the early season meltdowns of guys like Brandon Jacobs and Kareem McKenzie, along with Antrelle Rolle throwing Tom Coughlin under the bus before the name plate on his locker was even installed, it looked to be a long year. Last week, they nearly murder Jay Cutler, and this week, they completely destroy and dismantle what looked to be a pretty good Texans team. The pass rush looks unstoppable, and Eli is on fire. Coughlin is easily the most underated HC in the game, and he managed to right the ship.

-The Jets. I thought this team was incredibly overhyped to start the year. I couldnt see them going anywhere with Mark Sanchez and that bland offensive gameplan, but Sanchez has really improved drastically from last season.

I was right about...

-The Cardinals. Yeah , they're 3-2, and in first place, but they stink. All three wins have been with smoke & mirrors, including the Max Hall debacle yesterday where every single bounce went their way. Hall managed to fumble forward twice, once resulting in a TD, and another resulting in a huge first down. The inept Saints kicking game saw 96 year old John Carney miss a 27 yard FG. The Cardinals also won a game when Sebastian Janikowski did his once yearly miss-a-chip-shot-for-the-win routine. They beat the Rams week one with virtually no offense, taking advantage of a KR TD and a fumble by Rams DT Clifton Ryan who was on his way to a game clinching fumble return TD.

-The Bengals. They look every bit the 7-9 team I thought they would be. The same old undisciplined, underachieving Marvin Lewis-esque team they always are, just with two asshole WR's instead of two. The only thing surprising about the Bengals, is that the two assholes have been oddly quiet.
  • KINGOFOOTBALL
    • Feb 2009

Right about
    Jason Garrett-
    He sucks and has gotten worse.

Jets- Rex Ryans D has another off season under its belt and the Sanchez bashing was needless.

Saints- There was no way that over achieving defense wasnt going to drop off. Every year some offense gets hot.Yr before it was Ari , Last yr it was N.O. This year itll be someone else.

Wrong about

Wade Philips- Thought he had this defense and the team more focused. He does not.

Tomlinson- There is gas left in the tank after all.

Batman and Robin- Thought theyd be lighting it up more. Carson is a bum. TO is already bitching.
    Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by KINGOFOOTBALL
      Right about
      Jason Garrett-
      He sucks and has gotten worse.

Jets- Rex Ryans D has another off season under its belt and the Sanchez bashing was needless.

Saints- There was no way that over achieving defense wasnt going to drop off. Every year some offense gets hot.Yr before it was Ari , Last yr it was N.O. This year itll be someone else.

Wrong about

Wade Philips- Thought he had this defense and the team more focused. He does not.

Tomlinson- There is gas left in the tank after all.

Batman and Robin- Thought theyd be lighting it up more. Carson is a bum. TO is already bitching.
      The Saints had a remarkable run of luck last year. Opponents were missing easy FG's, they were scoring tons of flukey TD's, every bouce seemed to go their way, etc. This year, it hasnt happened. If this were last year, the Saints recover those Max Hall fumbles, and it's Arizona missing 27 yard FG's instead of Carney. The magic is gone. Brees looked like vintage 2008 Brees yesterday, with the 4th Q meltdown.

Comment

• Tailback U
        No substitute 4 strength.
        • Nov 2008

Right about:

Mark Sanchez - I knew this guy would eventually develop into a good quarterback because he only started 1 season at USC. I wasn't expecting him to "get it" this fast, though.

The Buffalo Bills - They are the worst franchise in the NFL.

Brett Favre and the Vikings - Can't confirm this one yet. But just you wait.

Wrong about:

Vince Young- I admit it, Houston. Guy is doing everything he is being asked to and more.

The Titans - Their defense was horrid for most of the season last year. I thought with Vince Young, those receivers, and no defense, this team would be at the bottom of the AFC South. Instead, Young is throwing the ball downfield with accuracy, the wideouts are making plays, and the defense leads the league in sacks by a wide margin.

Josh Freeman and the Bucs - Good team with a lot of potential on both sides of the ball.

Sam Bradford - Bradford could shit the bed and the Rams could go 0-11 to finish the season, but I'm going to go ahead and say I was wrong about this kid not being durable enough to make it in the NFL. He will be a good one.

Singletary and the Niners - I was a firm believer in Singletary. Hell, who wasn't? I think it's safe to say that Singletary is not HC material and the 49ers are (once again) still a couple years away from being a legitimate playoff contender.

Comment

• G-men
          Posts too much
          • Nov 2011

Wrong About

Buccaneers - thought they would be competing for the worst record in the NFL, instead they are sitting pretty at 3-1

49ers - honestly believed they would dominate the NFC West yet they have looked to be one of the worst teams in the league

Steve Smith (NYG) - really thought he would become one of the best receivers in the league this year but it looks like Hakeem Nicks has become Eli's new favorite target

Right About

Seahawks - I saw something in them around the draft that I really liked and thought they could put up a decent season, and they are definitely on the upswing

Kevin Kolb - I knew he was not really as good as everyone made him out to be, especially Eagles fans, very glad Vick took his job before getting hurt

Jets Running Game - thought all offseason that LT still had at least one year left in him in New York and I had a feeling that Shonn Greene would not live up to the expectations

Comment

• Woy
            RIP West
            • Dec 2008

Right

Giants - Tom Coughlin finally has his team rolling. I had them pegged as a Wild Card at the beginning, but they look like the best team in the division right now. There's a lot of weapons on that roster.

Texans - I was wrong about them in the first week, but they continue to look like the Texans of old during spurts. I don't know what's wrong with Matt Schaub, but besides Washington, he hasn't looked good whatsoever. Their secondary is garbage.

Vince Young/Titans - I figured he'd build onto his good play from last season and that's exactly what he's doing, posting a 90+ QB rating over the first five games. He's right on track of the Steve McNair learning curve, when McNair finally started putting it together in his fifth season. I had the Titans pegged as a 10-6 Wild Card and they're on track to do that, as they're pretty much just a pass interference call away from 4-1.

Wrong

Cowboys - Unlike some of the Cowboy fans I've talked to, I still think this team can turn it around and make a push in a surprisingly mediocre NFC East. They've been very disappointing though.

49ers - Add me to the "I believed in Mike Singletary" club. What an awful coach.

Steelers - I figured they'd really struggle without Big Ben, but that defense really did miss Polamalu last season. They're going to be a force in the AFC and could be the best team in the league at this point.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• nflman2033
              George Brett of VSN
              • Apr 2009

Wrong about LT vs Shonn Greene, Greene studded out last season toward the end and LT wasn't a threat as he was washed up.

Right about Brett Favre, ok so its early and he now has Moss, but I knew that he would not be able to follow up his season last year with even close to the type of season he had, it was his best season ever he has been notorious for following up good seasons with bad. so while this isn't over yet, I still don't think to highly of their chances even with Moss

Comment

• strahanfan92
                Meat
                • Aug 2009

Honestly, I think everyone was wrong about LT.

Comment

• nflman2033
                  George Brett of VSN
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by strahanfan92
                  Honestly, I think everyone was wrong about LT.
                  yeah, but it was compounded with my feeling that Greene was going to be a beast.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                    Posts too much
                    • Feb 2009

Wrong about Sanchez so far this year.

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
                      Formerly ravensownall17
                      • Feb 2009

Right about my prediction that the Bengals were a one year wonder and would fall back behind Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

Wrong about the Cowboys, at least so far.

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                        Jus' bout dat action boss
                        • Feb 2009

Right About:

- The 49ers being the most overrated team in football
                        - The Bengals being a one-year wonder
                        - The Texans being a contender in the AFC South (and yes Texan haters they are a contender)
                        - The Saints having a down year
                        - The Chiefs being a much better team than people gave them credit for
                        - The Ravens being a Super Bowl contender
                        - The Steelers rebounding from a down year

Wrong About:
                        - The Panthers
                        - The Panthers
                        - The Panthers
                        - The Panthers
                        - The Panthers
                        - Oh.. and the Falcons.. I figured they'd be average at best, instead they may wind up with a first round bye at this rate.
                        - The Panthers
                        Originally posted by ram29jackson
                        I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• strahanfan92
                          Meat
                          • Aug 2009

Right:

The chiefs being the best team in the AFC West and easily right on my favorite team total this year with chiefs o7.5 wins.

Wrong:

Everything else.

Comment

• G-men
                            Posts too much
                            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Hasselbeck
                            Right About:

- The 49ers being the most overrated team in football
                            - The Bengals being a one-year wonder
                            - The Texans being a contender in the AFC South (and yes Texan haters they are a contender)
                            - The Saints having a down year
                            - The Chiefs being a much better team than people gave them credit for

Wrong About:
                            - The Panthers
                            - The Panthers
                            - The Panthers
                            - The Panthers
                            - The Panthers

- Oh.. and the Falcons.. I figured they'd be average at best, instead they may wind up with a first round bye at this rate.
                            - The Panthers
                            i knew i forgot about one team i was wrong about. i thought they would be a wild card team.

Comment

• Hasselbeck
                              Jus' bout dat action boss
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts
                              Hass,

Why did you leave out Julius Jones?
                              Taking credit for that would be like saying "I think Stevie Wonder will fail his driving test"

Also was wrong about the Cowboys (had them being the 2-seed in the NFC), although that can change in a hurry
                              Originally posted by ram29jackson
                              I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

Working...