• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Colonel Angus
    No longer a noob
    • Jan 2010

Jermichael Finley to go on IR

per jsonline:

Green Bay - Coach Mike McCarthy said today that tight end Jermichael Finley will be placed on injured reserve once the trade for Jacksonville Jaguars safety Anthony Smith goes through.

There was a possibility that Finley could have stayed on the roster and then come back in December or for the playoffs. His recovery from knee surgery was put at 8-10 weeks.

"This is completely in the best interest of Jermichael," McCarthy said.

Smith, who was in training camp with the Packers in 2009, will be put to work immediately.

"Anthony has a history with us, he knows this defense, we think it's a good fit," McCarthy said. "We've lost two safeties so we're looking him at both safety and special teams."
    Awesome.
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

Wack 'em.

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
      I literally know nothing.
      • Jul 2009

I feel like this is my fault. I drafted Rodgers, Finley, and Grant in my pay FF league. 2 of those 3 are on the IR and Rodgers nearly had to sit out the past week.

Comment

• Colonel Angus
        No longer a noob
        • Jan 2010

I wore my Jermichael Finley jersey for the first time on a game day last week. I can't help but feel partly responsible as well.

Comment

• ralaw
          Posts too much
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fappin Raptor
          I feel like this is my fault. I drafted Rodgers, Finley, and Grant in my pay FF league. 2 of those 3 are on the IR and Rodgers nearly had to sit out the past week.
          I drafted Finley and Grant as well....I'll I can say is sorry to the GB faithful.

Comment

• Colonel Angus
            No longer a noob
            • Jan 2010

Who goes down for the Packers this week? I already mentioned in another thread Poppinga is headed for knee surgery on his meniscus, basically the same injury as Finley and will probably be on IR by next week.

Now taking predictions!

Mine is newly acquired S Anthony Smith. It only seems right that a guy the packers traded for would go down as soon as he gets on the field.

Comment

• G-men
              Posts too much
              • Nov 2011

dont worry guys, Zach Miller is my backup tight end. ill be fine :cool:

Comment

• Leftwich
                Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

I'm adding Finley to my Do Not Draft list. Right next to Ronnie Brown. Never will i be burned again.

Originally posted by Tailback U
                It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

Working...