NFL Fining/Suspending Players for violating NCAA regulations.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PP
    • Feb 2010

NFL Fining/Suspending Players for violating NCAA regulations.

Players who lose their college eligibility for receiving improper benefits from agents could face financial penalties upon entering the draft under a proposal being considered by a panel of college and pro football officials.

Thoughts? I think this is a stupid way of going about it. To stop this you have to go to the ROOT cause which is the agents. Ban the agents who get caught up in giving money/loans/cars etc.
  • PP
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Hawks4Real
    Are you trying to make a point? Spit it out bitch.

Comment

• padman59
      Slayer of Demons
      • Mar 2009

I agree that agents are the primary cause, but players ultimately decide whether they take any improper benefits. As such, they should be held accountable for their actions. I don't have a problem with it as long as the penalties are reasonable. However, at this point it seems that any proposal on the matter still has a long way to go before becoming a rule.

Comment

• JeremyHight
        I wish I was Scrubs
        • Feb 2009

I say fine players and suspend agent licenses. That way there is some punishment against the players, but the more serious punishment is for the agents.

Comment

• Bear Pand
          RIP Indy Colts
          • Feb 2009

I say we cut out all the BS and just admit college football (esp when it comes to big time programs) is about money and in a lot of cases just a farm system for the NFL. All the BS about the kids being student athletes needs to go.

Then focus on a way for players to get a cut of the $$ without having to go through shady agents.

Punishing players for this is lame.

Comment

Working...