Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • packersfan4eva
    Ryan Luxem
    • Dec 2008

Bottom 100 lists are sometimes pointless because all the scrubs and practice-squad players are worse than these guys.

Originally posted by Miggyfan99
    I would get fucked in the ass for WS tickets too... only if Miguel was playing though

Comment

• Senser81
      VSN Poster of the Year
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by KINGOFOOTBALL
      That guy was a highlight reel. I recall a guy who was an NFL insider who always seemed to have some crazy inside scoop Fred Edelstein I think was his name. He was hyping Leeland up saying all these teams were interested and how many had dubbed him the next Barry. To find out what team was going to move up to draft him pay 19.95 for his insider info.

Well Freddy was all wrong as most scouts said Leeland was sensational in the open field but would fall over instantaneously when grazed. Freddy eventually got into trouble for bilking a shit ton of money from his close friends in the NFL and was outed for making up most of his stories ((even though apparently he was freinds with some higher ups)).
      Apparently his Emmit Smith to Miami to join Jimmy is a done deal scoop got a bunch of complaints and started his slow unraveling.

Anyways Leeland sucked.
      Yeah, Leeland was not very good, but he was super-hyped. One of my favorite RB selections was the Bears 1st round pick in 1988. You have all these eventual 1000-yard rushers (Gaston Green, Ironhead Heyward, John Stephens, Ickey Woods), you have one of the greatest RBs ever in Thurman Thomas, you have the best RB I've ever seen in the Big10 in Lorenzo White (whose NFL career was short-circuited by the idiotic Jerry Glanville, who insisted on playing Mike Rozier and Allen Pinkett in front of him)...and the Bears end up with this idiot.

Muster had one season in his career when he gained more than 425 yards, and that was his 'huge' season of 664 yards, which was by far his best ever.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Glanville had Alonzo Highsmith on those teams as well, if I recall. He carried all four of those HB's, on a run 'n shoot team, and insisted in finding carries for all of them.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Actually, I have to be fair to Glanville. Whenever I played Tecmo Super Bowl, I would use the Oilers, and rotate all four HB's, too.

Comment

• Senser81
            VSN Poster of the Year
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
            Glanville had Alonzo Highsmith on those teams as well, if I recall. He carried all four of those HB's, on a run 'n shoot team, and insisted in finding carries for all of them.
            Yeah, you had Highsmith, who had some of the worst hands ever and would fumble the ball every 5th attempt. You had Allen Pinkett, who had no discernible talent whatsoever. You had Mike Rozier, who's only quality was "durability"...he had below average speed, no power, and also fumbled quite often. Then you had Lorenzo White, who was easily the best runner of the group. So what does Glanville do? He rotates them in the most bizarre fashion...White is the short-yardage guy instead of Highsmith, Highsmith is left in on passing downs instead of Pinkett, Pinkett gets a ton of carries instead of White...it was a joke. Once Glanville left and Jack Pardee became coach, White actually got to play, but Glanville had already wasted some of White's best years.

Comment

• Senser81
              VSN Poster of the Year
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
              Actually, I have to be fair to Glanville. Whenever I played Tecmo Super Bowl, I would use the Oilers, and rotate all four HB's, too.
              Tecmo Bowl should have been the extent of Glanville's coaching, too.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
                Yeah, Leeland was not very good, but he was super-hyped. One of my favorite RB selections was the Bears 1st round pick in 1988. You have all these eventual 1000-yard rushers (Gaston Green, Ironhead Heyward, John Stephens, Ickey Woods), you have one of the greatest RBs ever in Thurman Thomas, you have the best RB I've ever seen in the Big10 in Lorenzo White (whose NFL career was short-circuited by the idiotic Jerry Glanville, who insisted on playing Mike Rozier and Allen Pinkett in front of him)...and the Bears end up with this idiot.

Muster had one season in his career when he gained more than 425 yards, and that was his 'huge' season of 664 yards, which was by far his best ever.
                I will admit Muster was one of my favorite Bears players growing up..

However in fairness to the draft pick they already had Neal Anderson as the featured back and chose Muster to be a fullback. The pick they should have made if they were looking for a fullback was Ironhead, who ironically enough came to Chicago in 1993(and I loved using in Madden 94). On top of that Heyward never had a season as a FB that really surpassed anything Muster did. Their average seasons as FB's were pretty comparable.

Comment

• Senser81
                  VSN Poster of the Year
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
                  However in fairness to the draft pick they already had Neal Anderson as the featured back and chose Muster to be a fullback. The pick they should have made if they were looking for a fullback was Ironhead, who ironically enough came to Chicago in 1993(and I loved using in Madden 94). On top of that Heyward never had a season as a FB that really surpassed anything Muster did. Their average seasons as FB's were pretty comparable.
                  To me, that makes the pick even worse! The 1988 draft was one of the deepest in NFL history, and the Bears use their 1st round pick on a fullback?? I can't think of another time when a team used a 1st round pick on a fullback who wasn't really ever going to carry the ball (unless you count Tim Tebow). When the Bears wasted a top pick on Curtis Enis, they at least tried to have him play HB...converting him to FB was a last-ditch effort.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                    Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

To me, that makes the pick even worse! The 1988 draft was one of the deepest in NFL history, and the Bears use their 1st round pick on a fullback??
                    I don't disagree there. Just saying Muster vs Heyward at FB wasn't that big of a difference...at least statistically. Muster was a pretty damn good lead blocker though..better than Heyward?(Honestly can't remember)

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                      • Feb 2009

If a FullBacks football card has a picture of him high stepping and carrying the ball in the palm of one hand you know you've made a bad pick.

Its like a card showing a QB making a proper form tackle.
                      Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• Senser81
                        VSN Poster of the Year
                        • Feb 2009

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                          • Feb 2009

Id sooner draft the Fat Yellow guy.
                          Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• BigBucs
                            Unpretentious
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by RyanLeaf16
                            I'm pretty sure the Bucs moved up from #21 to #14 or #15 to take Walker. He wasn't a top five pick.
                            My memory escapes me but he was a fucking waste no matter where we picked him. Im just now seeing Ryan Simms on that list as well. I think its warranted considering that fucker is always hurt and cant get on the field for our shitty ass DL.

Comment

• BigBucs
                              Unpretentious
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by Juggernaut
                              Vernon Gholston...why do I still have hope for him?
                              Because you watched hard knocks?

Comment

• Deviant
                                Yes, please.
                                • Nov 2008

No Fred Thomas?

Back at it, yet again. Sign up here!

Comment

Working...