X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Point Blank
    Needs a hobby
    • Oct 2008

Bucs WR Williams arrested for DUI in Tampa

Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Williams was arrested for driving under the influence early Friday morning in Tampa, according to the St. Petersburg Times, citing Hillsborough County Jail records.

Hillsborough County Sheriff's spokesman Larry McKinnon said Williams was driving a black Cadillac 57 mph in a 45 mph zone and weaving between lanes.

A pair of tests revealed Williams' blood alcohol content at 0.065 and 0.061 percent, below Florida's 0.08 percent legal limit.

McKinnon stated that Williams failed a field sobriety test, had glassy eyes and smelled of alcohol. McKinnon said results are pending on a urine test that was conducted on Williams, often administered when police suspect a substance other than alcohol.

Williams was released after posting $500 bail, according to jail records.

Williams, 23, had four catches for 68 yards in the Bucs' 31-16 win over the Carolina Panthers last Sunday.

Bucs officials told the Times that Williams will travel with the team to San Francisco on Friday and play in Sunday's game against the 49ers.

The team has not stated how the incident will impact Williams for the remainder of the season.

"We are in the process of gathering all the facts. Mike has been very cooperative," said Bucs general manager Mark Dominik told the newspaper.
    Pro Bowl voting

The Pro Bowl ballots are open, so vote for your favorite players to earn a spot in the Jan. 30, 2011, event in Honolulu's Aloha Stadium.

One of this season's breakout rookies, Williams has 40 receptions for 627 yards and five touchdowns for the Bucs through nine games.

The Bucs selected Williams in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft.

Williams was suspended as a junior at Syracuse University in 2008 due to academic reasons for allegedly cheating in class. He played in seven games in 2009 but didn't finish the season and was dismissed, due to what Williams calls a misunderstanding by the coaching staff.

The Bucs (6-3) travel to San Francisco to play the 49ers (3-6) this Sunday.

lolBB
  • ralaw
    Posts too much
    • Feb 2009

A pair of tests revealed Williams' blood alcohol content at 0.065 and 0.061 percent, below Florida's 0.08 percent legal limit.
    How was he arrested if he was below the legal limit?

Comment

• NAHSTE
      Probably owns the site
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ralaw
      How was he arrested if he was below the legal limit?
      I guess since they suspected him of it, they made him take a urine test and the results of that will effect his charges ... Especially if he has weed in his system which is a guarantee in most of these cases. Not really sure how it works but they'll probably still hit him with a lesser charge, like DWI or something.

I just hope he gets the Braylon Edwards slap on the wrist so he can continue on as my WR2 in Fantasy.

Comment

• Blade
        Walking SAM site
        • Feb 2009

So he was arrested for maybe being under the influence of something other than alcohol right? Because since his BA was under the level, this should be a drug arrest then right?

Comment

• BigBucs
          Unpretentious
          • May 2009

Slow media day apparently. Under the legal limit. Only thing he will be guilty of is speeding. Looks like the cock suckers wont take notice unless its negative story, forget about him tearing shit up on the field. SMH

Comment

• ralaw
            Posts too much
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FreemanTheGod
            Slow media day apparently. Under the legal limit. Only thing he will be guilty of is speeding. Looks like the cock suckers wont take notice unless its negative story, forget about him tearing shit up on the field. SMH
            Best rookie WR so far?

Mike Williams - 40 rec 627 yards 5 TDs
            Dez Bryant - 41rec 539 yards 5 TDs
            Demaryius Thomas - 19rec 266 yards 2 TDs - (included for Denver fans)

Comment

• f16harm
              -
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
              Not really sure how it works but they'll probably still hit him with a lesser charge, like DWI or something.
              Please learn about the law before you pretend to be an E-Lawyer or E-LEO. Even though individual state laws and federal laws are different, your statement still gets none of them correct.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                Probably owns the site
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by f16harm
                Please learn about the law before you pretend to be an E-Lawyer or E-LEO.
                Why do you think I said I wasn't really sure, dick face? I didn't realize I was taking a Bar Exam ...

Comment

• f16harm
                  -
                  • Feb 2009

Why do you think I said I wasn't really sure, dick face? I didn't realize I was taking a Bar Exam ...
                  Dear Professional internet "cool guy and stoner":

You stated you weren't really sure how they would rule, I will concur with you on that. But, then you state an opinion they may go with the lesser charge of "DWI" (implying you know that DWI is lesser). You obviously have no idea WTF DWI even is, but I'm sure it sounded good to you.

Your choices for the terms via individual state law and federal law are as follows, none of which yours meets:

DUI = DWI
                  DUI or DWI
                  DUI = lesser charge than DWI
                  DUI = substance other than alcohol in system

Comment

• Maynard
                    stupid ass titles
                    • Feb 2009

its a shame that a great young player got himself in a mess like this. they arrested him since they had a suspicion of DUI and wanted to hold him for a few hours...plus they suspected other drugs.

i got pulled over for the same thing when i was 18. i wasnt even drinking....i wasnt even driving at the time cause i was pulled off the freeway when the cop came up behind me...i was on acid at the time. they held me but couldnt charge me with anything cause i passed all the tests and lsd isnt detectable by the standard tests.

Comment

• leaffan
                      Colton Orr Fan
                      • Feb 2009

McKinnon stated that Williams failed a field sobriety test, had glassy eyes and smelled of alcohol.
                      I always kinda laugh at the smelled of alcohol statements.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Maize
                        • Jan 2010

He was under .08 and I drafted him in all 6 fantasy leagues I'm in. He better play Sunday.
                        "Arrive, Raise Hell, Leave" | Kentucky Wildcats
                        2014 Season: 11-2 (7-2)
                        Next Game: Bowl Game

Comment

• Poundtherock
                          I don't argue w/idiots...
                          • May 2009

Sheet must not be too serious with the team.........Williams is on his way to the left coast!

Anyhoo, down here, the Hills sheriffs, aside from Pinellas County, really suck. From what I hear, they sit outside bars.

Poundtherock @ Twitch
                          PTR_Poundtherock/xxxPTRxxx @ YouTube

Gaming Series: PS3: GTPlanet.net, GT6 [D3 Silver]; PS3; GT5; PS4: GTSport; Clancy [Ghosts]; BF1; Uncharted [PS4v]; RDR2 [???];

Comment

• NAHSTE
                            Probably owns the site
                            • Feb 2009

Dear "Guy who can go fuck himself",

I guess "different charge" would have been better wording, but either way, if they find weed in his system, it's a DWI. Which is all I was speculating on.

Comment

• f16harm
                              -
                              • Feb 2009

Dear "Guy who can go fuck himself",

I guess "different charge" would have been better wording, but either way, if they find weed in his system, it's a DWI. Which is all I was speculating on.
                              Dear "Guy with big mouth who's in NYC now and thinks he's King Shit of VSN",

There is no such thing as a DWI in the Florida penal code, so no, "either way, if they find weed in his system," he WILL NOT be charged as a DWI. If it's his first time, it will be a DUI, First Conviction, and the fine/probation/community service/license revoke will depend on how much substance and what it was, that he had in his system. They didn't find any drugs in the car so he escapes any possession charges. It's also not a misdemeanor or felony. He could get a speeding ticket on top though.

Stop speculating, because you fucking suck at it.

Comment

Working...