Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aso
    The Serious House
    • Nov 2008

Lol at Troy Smith hasn't gotten the shot he deserves and all this bullshit. He's gotten plenty an opportunity and guess what, he's nothing but a backup. No head coach is gonna put their fucking job security on the line just to make Troy Smith happy.

Comment

• longhornfan
      Carpe Diem
      • Mar 2009

At the end of he video you can see Crabtree trying to say something to Singletery, maybe it was him that blew up? But I wonder what he said to make Troy to go in a tirade like that, too bad I can't read lips.
      But anyways the Niners need a real QB.

Comment

• Coked Up Elmo
        omle pu dekoc
        • Jul 2009

mike singletary just got fired
        sigpic
        "did you say cockintheass?"

Comment

• Esjay
          Luck2Hilton
          • Feb 2009

Don't know if it's been said already and I admittedly don't follow the 9ers much, but to me at least part of the problem at QB for that team was Singletary playing musical chairs with them. Either start Troy or start Alex, just make up your mind.

No surprise he got fired.

Comment

• theMINI
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by theMINI
            Apparently they were arguing because Mike Singeltary called shotgun for their trip to the unemployment office.
            Was I right or was I right?

Comment

• Sigona
              Posts too much
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Rudi
              Ive been a Troy Smith supporter from day 1. Dude has not gotten the fair chance he deserves since being in the league. Get him a decent team around him and a good staff and he could make things happen. By no means am I saying he is the next Tom Brady or anything, but dude has the skills to be a decent NFL starter. Especially when you got guys like Shaun Hill and John Skelton starting at QB in some places.
              Same thing goes for Alex Smith and he has much more talent than Smith, it's just gone to waste with all the coaching changes. They fucked with him too much.

Comment

• Sportsbuck
                Buckeye For Life
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
                Lol at Troy Smith hasn't gotten the shot he deserves and all this bullshit. He's gotten plenty an opportunity and guess what, he's nothing but a backup.
                He's gotten plenty an opportunity? He was good filling in for the Ravens at the end of his rookie year, impressed in camp and then contracted a rare form of the flu that caused him to lose 30 pounds, and gave way to Joe Flacco. His reward for sticking it out as a backup? The Ravens signed Marc Bugler and cut Smith.

He got tossed into the fire a couple of weeks after being signed, and barely knowing much of the playbook proceeded to put together 2 straight performances that blew anything Alex Smith had done to date in his career out of the water. Then he goes through a slump, like most first-time starting QB's in the NFL would, and got benched.

Know what the difference between Troy and a lot of QB's currently starting in this league is? San Fran has 1 year and barely any money invested in him.

Comment

• Realist
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Realist
                  Because Singletary is a dumba$$. And I'm glad he's on his way out. I'm glad we lost today and I hope we lost next week too. He was way in over his head on this job and it showed week in and week out.

Oh and the conversation went a little like this:

Sing: I'm taking you out the game, you just aren't getting it done
                  TSmith: WTF? What do you want me to do? You don't even know wtf you are doing? You taking me out the game, but York is getting rid of your ass too!
                  Ginn: *With the towel* Troy, Tell em why you mad son!
                  Sing: Don't talk to me like that, I'll put in Alex S.
                  Troy: Still wont save your job...
                  *Later on that night...*

Troy Smith:

Comment

Working...