• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steeljake
    6 rings...
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ram29jackson
    the defensive coach is the one who needs to go
    really? guess what team has the number 1 overall defense this year?

the special teams killed them this year. also the fact that norv is the head coach never helps...

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• Blade
      Walking SAM site
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by steeljake75

the special teams killed them this year. also the fact that norv is the head coach never helps...
      So true.......that I had to thank you...

Comment

• ram29jackson
        Noob
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by steeljake75

who gives a damn what is a so called number one ? they were a number one offense as well with a losing record early on. The fact is they lost because they couldnt keep teams from scoring. 8-7 is not a number one defense dumb ass. Its just above .500 no matter how big the stats looked.

they owned the league between the 20 yard lines but in the red zone they sucked. Its on the players for not executing at that point, not the coach.

Comment

• steeljake
          6 rings...
          • Oct 2008

who gives a damn what is a so called number one ? they were a number one offense as well with a losing record early on. The fact is they lost because they couldnt keep teams from scoring. 8-7 is not a number one defense dumb ass. Its just above .500 no matter how big the stats looked.

they owned the league between the 20 yard lines but in the red zone they sucked. Its on the players for not executing at that point, not the coach.
          so if it is on the players for executing and not the coach, why must the coach of the defense be fired? and just so you know, dumbass, the d let up just under 20 points a game while the offense, which is actually #2 (not number 1 dipshit) overall while being 3rd in passing and 17th in rushing, was scoring just under 28 points a game. in case you can't do the math, and given the amount of idiotic shit you post I am sure you cannot, that is an +8 point (thats a touch down and a two point conversion) difference.

also if a team is talented and fails to be prepared to play each week do you fire the player or find someone more up to the task of motivating the player to play up to his level?

now go get your shine box.

23:33 OnlyOneBeerLeft: jake nobody listens to you aint you supposed to die from cancer or somethin soon?

Comment

• Senser81
            VSN Poster of the Year
            • Feb 2009

I am amazed that Norv Turner consistently gets his ass handed to him by perhaps the worst collection of coaches in a single division (McDaniels, Cable Guy, and Matt Cassel's dad).

Specifically, I think Turner misused his RBs this year. He didn't use Sproles at all, even when the other gamebreakers like Jackson, Gates, and Floyd were out. I would have used Sproles a lot more, and then I would have inserted Tolbert & Hester into the game after getting a lead. Matthews would have been a bit player.

Instead, Sproles and Hester never played. Tolbert was the starter and would get a ton of carries in the beginning of games, and Matthews would be brought on to blow the lead by fumbling and getting 2 yards per carry.

Comment

• Hasselbeck
              Jus' bout dat action boss
              • Feb 2009

I think a lot of this has to do with the looming lockout, more than his performance or lack there of.

Many owners simply don't want to blow up everything because if there is a work stoppage.. players are going to have a hard time picking up the new coaches scheme, etc.

And the Chargers, while they did have a disappointing season, weren't nearly as bad as other teams making coaching changes (Denver, San Fran, Carolina) to name a few. 2011 - if the season happens - will be Norval's make or break year.
              I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

Working...