• OnlyOneBeerLeft
    Fuck em
    • Oct 2008

Charlie Weis... Florida OC?

interesting
  • NAHSTE
    Probably owns the site
    • Feb 2009

Sounds like a massive fail waiting to happen.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
      I Can Score Goals
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by North
      Sounds like a massive fail waiting to happen.

Comment

• Obst
        RIP West
        • Oct 2008

Why not stay with an NFL playoff team on the rise?

Comment

• Maize
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by the_obst
          Why not stay with an NFL playoff team on the rise?
          That would seem like enough redemption after Notre Dame. Now to Gainesville, I don't know about this.
          "Arrive, Raise Hell, Leave" | Kentucky Wildcats
          2014 Season: 11-2 (7-2)
          Next Game: Bowl Game

Comment

• JayDizzle
            Let's Go All The Way...
            • Nov 2008

I hope it's just a rumor but the way things have been going with everybody leaving, Meyer dipping out to deal with family, Muschamp...

Anything's better than 7-5 though.

Comment

• JeremyHight
              I wish I was Scrubs
              • Feb 2009

I don't get why he would leave. A good NFL OC is much higher paid then a good NCAA OC. Maybe he doesn't like working with Haley.

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
                Fuck em
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by JeremyHight
                I don't get why he would leave. A good NFL OC is much higher paid then a good NCAA OC. Maybe he doesn't like working with Haley.
                That's what I think... if anything I'd bounce out Haley if it meant keeping the Kansas City Patriots together.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                  Probably owns the site
                  • Feb 2009

When was the last time you looked at college assistant coaching salaries? The gap is narrowing more each year. Each of the top 10 assistant coaching salaries last season were over $500,000. I'm not sure what he was making with Kansas City but I suspect he'll get between 600 and 750k with Florida.

Before leaving for Florida, Muschamp was making $907,000 and was the highest paid coordinator in the country. So I'm sure Weis will be compensated amply. Besides, he's still getting paid from his ridiculous 10-year Notre Dame contract, correct? Or at least living off of the fat buy out? Don't think money is a factor for him.

Comment

• padman59
                    Slayer of Demons
                    • Mar 2009

That seems to be the more popular rumor floating around. Another one seems to be the powers that be prefer to have McDaniels due to the season Cassel had at New England.

Regardless, if Weis goes to Florida, they have a chance to have a pretty good offense, and he'll get the most of their QBs. I'd hate to see what he could do with the talent that Florida will be bringing in on a consistent basis.

Comment

• Obst
                      RIP West
                      • Oct 2008

If McDaniels takes over as OC in Kansas City then I am going to draft Cassel to my fantasy team now

Comment

• j.hen
                        Self Care
                        • Oct 2008

McDaniels is going to ATL after Mike Mularkey leaves.

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
                          Fuck em
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by padman59
                          That seems to be the more popular rumor floating around. Another one seems to be the powers that be prefer to have McDaniels due to the season Cassel had at New England.

Regardless, if Weis goes to Florida, they have a chance to have a pretty good offense, and he'll get the most of their QBs. I'd hate to see what he could do with the talent that Florida will be bringing in on a consistent basis.
                          Have you seen the season Cassel is having with Weis? With less talent? I wouldn't want Mcdaniels over him lol

Comment

• padman59
                            Slayer of Demons
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by OnlyOneBeerLeft
                            Have you seen the season Cassel is having with Weis? With less talent? I wouldn't want Mcdaniels over him lol
                            I'm not saying I believe it, but if I had to guess, the theory that Weis and Haley don't mesh well is closer to the truth than the McDaniels rumor.

If a rift is there, I doubt either party would want to admit to it publicly. The Florida offer gives both of them an out without airing out the laundry (which makes me believe Weis would leave if this is indeed the case).

Comment

• NAHSTE
                              Probably owns the site
                              • Feb 2009

Chris Mortensen reported that Weis didn't have complete autonomy in play-calling with KC and was ready to leave. Haley had a lot of input which bothered him. He will have full independence over the offense at UF, obviously, because Muschamp is a defense-only guy.

Comment

Working...