X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

Garrett New Cowboys HEAD COACH

Interim tag removed according to Michael Lombardi...

From rotoworld:

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi is reporting that the Cowboys have removed the interim label from head coach Jason Garrett.
    They managed to interview wide receivers coach Ray Sherman to comply with the league's Rooney Rule without anyone knowing. Garrett is 4-3 in his brief stint as the team's head man after Wade Phillips started the team off 1-7. It remains to be seen how much decision making power owner Jerry Jones will give Garrett. Jan. 2 - 11:24 am et

• Derrville
    Dallas has no coaching...
    • Jul 2009

:sigh:

Comment

• JeremyHight
      I wish I was Scrubs
      • Feb 2009

lol at that BS compliance with the Rooney Rule. But seriously, Dallas is going to be bad for a while.

Comment

• Woy
        RIP West
        • Dec 2008

Damnit, I was hoping Dallas tried trading for Jeff Fisher just like the Tampa/Gruden move years back.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Rayman
          Spic 'n Spanish
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JeremyHight
          lol at that BS compliance with the Rooney Rule. But seriously, Dallas is going to be bad for a while.
          I'll take that bet. What you got?

:deal:

Comment

• JeremyHight
            I wish I was Scrubs
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Rayman
            I'll take that bet. What you got?

:deal:
            I see you are a fan of screen passes and keeping Felix on the bench.

Comment

• Rayman
              Spic 'n Spanish
              • Feb 2009

I see you are a fan of screen passes and keeping Felix on the bench.
              You haven't been watching them the past two months, have you?

Comment

• JeremyHight
                I wish I was Scrubs
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Rayman
                You haven't been watching them the past two months, have you?
                Sadly, I'm forced to because for whatever reason, local Nevada stations LOVE the Cowboys (along with the 49ers and Oakland, ugh). They definitely look better in the last couple weeks, but I see Garrett going back to his old ways very quickly.

Comment

• Rayman
                  Spic 'n Spanish
                  • Feb 2009

Sadly, I'm forced to because for whatever reason, local Nevada stations LOVE the Cowboys (along with the 49ers and Oakland, ugh). They definitely look better in the last couple weeks, but I see Garrett going back to his old ways very quickly.
                  and what, pray tell, are his "old ways"?

I honestly look forward to him having a full offseason to implement his own way of running this team. This season sucked ass, but it finally got Wade Phillips fired.

Garrett could not be more different than him in terms of how he wants to run his football team. Don't look at this from the "he doesn't run the ball" standpoint. There were reasons for that, reasons which became painfully clear when he was given the interim tag and changed the way the team conducted preparation.

He isn't the right choice, he's the only choice. I'm done with retreads.

Comment

Working...