X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Senser81
    VSN Poster of the Year
    • Feb 2009

What were the Bears doing??

I didn't see a thread about this, so sorry if its been discussed already.

The Bears played their starters the entire length of a meaningless game, Cutler was getting hit on every play, and the Bears still lost while only scoring 3 points.

Has there been any explanation to the Bears' action? This really made no sense to me. Why did they still have Cutler in the game after six sacks and multiple bad decisions on Cutler's part?
  • BrntO4Life
    My Aunt Ida Smokes.
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Senser81

The Bears played their starters the entire length of a meaningless game, Cutler was getting hit on every play, and the Bears still lost while only scoring 3 points.

Has there been any explanation to the Bears' action? This really made no sense to me. Why did they still have Cutler in the game after six sacks and multiple bad decisions on Cutler's part?
    They wanted to strike fear into their future playoff opponent. The fear that losing to these Bears makes your team look even sadder in perspective.

Comment

• FedEx227
      Delivers
      • Mar 2009

CAUSE ITS THE PACKERS!!11!!! PRIDE! BUTKUS!!!!!!11!, etc, etc.

And probably some stupid notion that you lose momentum if you bench your starters despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• FirstTimer
        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Lovie is black and therefore dumb.

Comment

• Maynard
          stupid ass titles
          • Feb 2009

i wondered this myself. all they did was show everyone how bad they can play. u would think playing with nothing to lose would make them more relaxed and have some fun and maybe knock off their rival at the same time. But instead they come out looking like they should fear seattle

Comment

• MrBill
            Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
            • Feb 2009

The only think that I could come up with was that Lovie stated when he got the job that beating the Packers was his first priority.

Comment

• ralaw
              Posts too much
              • Feb 2009

I thought it was because the Bears were trying to keep the Packers out of the playoffs.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by MrBill
                The only think that I could come up with was that Lovie stated when he got the job that beating the Packers was his first priority.
                Possibly the dumbest thing a Chicago coach has ever said.

Comment

• jms493
                  • Feb 2009

I was told that the Bears played well......

Comment

• MrBill
                    Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
                    I was told that the Bears played well......
                    The Bears defense did play well. Of course, they were assisted by asinine play calling by the Packers but that is to be expected these days and beside the point. If you hold an NFL opponent to 10 points, you should win the game.

Comment

• Senser81
                      VSN Poster of the Year
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ralaw
                      I thought it was because the Bears were trying to keep the Packers out of the playoffs.

Not disagreeing with you, but two things:

1) The Bears beat GB earlier in the season, while getting killed by the Giants. If the Bears knock GB out, then they would be letting the Giants in.

2) I can't put my finger on it, but the Bears didn't really look like they were trying to win. They didn't really go downfield on offense, they weren't very aggressive on defense. It was weird...like they were holding back yet still playing their starters.

Comment

• ralaw
                        Posts too much
                        • Feb 2009

Not disagreeing with you, but two things:

1) The Bears beat GB earlier in the season, while getting killed by the Giants. If the Bears knock GB out, then they would be letting the Giants in.

2) I can't put my finger on it, but the Bears didn't really look like they were trying to win. They didn't really go downfield on offense, they weren't very aggressive on defense. It was weird...like they were holding back yet still playing their starters.
                        I'm thinking that it had something to do with the whole "playing a division rivalry in the playoffs," "having momentum" and/or "meeting a team 3 times" cliches that some people tend to believe.

Comment

• dave
                          Go the fuck outside
                          • Oct 2008

I can put my finger on it? Green Bay's D kicked ass yesterday. Their pass rush was unreal.

On topic: I agree with other posters here - Chicago was doing everything they could to get Green Bay out of the playoffs. Green Bay is the most dangerous team in the NFC playoff field. As an Eagles' fan, I'm scared to death of next week's game - especially with the way our O-Line is playing and the way Michael Vick is reverting back to Michael Vick 1.0 lately.
                          My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Maynard
                            stupid ass titles
                            • Feb 2009

if thats what they were trying to do they sure did a poor job of it. they would have been better off sitting their guys. to bad cutler didnt get hurt so we could talk about how dumb lovie smith is

Comment

• NAHSTE
                              Probably owns the site
                              • Feb 2009

Ladies and gentlemen, your #2 seed in the National Football Conference!

Comment

Working...