X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Colonel Angus
    No longer a noob
    • Jan 2010

Packers LB Desmond Bishop Signs Contract Extension

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter. Initial reports have the contract valued at $19 million/4 years. He was in the final year of his contract.

This is a big turnaround of course for a guy who wanted to be traded coming out of the preseason for lack of playing time. But now that he has gotten the chance to be the every day starter with Nick Barnett out, he has really stepped up and added a physicality to the defense.
  • Blade
    Walking SAM site
    • Feb 2009

What happens when Barnett is full healed? He's gonna ask for a trade again?

Comment

• Colonel Angus
      No longer a noob
      • Jan 2010

That is a good question. This contract extension wouldn't have happened if they didn't want him as a starter. At this point it looks like either Barnett or Hawk is going to get the ax in the offseason.

Comment

• packersfan4eva
        Ryan Luxem
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Colonel Angus
        That is a good question. This contract extension wouldn't have happened if they didn't want him as a starter. At this point it looks like either Barnett or Hawk is going to get the ax in the offseason.
        But we run a 3-4.

Matthews, Barnett, Hawk, and Bishop.

Originally posted by Miggyfan99
        I would get fucked in the ass for WS tickets too... only if Miguel was playing though

Comment

• Tengo Juego
          Posts a lot
          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by packersfan4eva
          But we run a 3-4.

Matthews, Barnett, Hawk, and Bishop.
          I dont know about that. I dont want to be quick to doubt Bishop being a servicable OLB, but I dont know that he's flexible enough to play the position with any consistency.

Comment

• Primetime
            Thank You Prince
            • Nov 2008

Barnett may be in some trade talks this coming offseason. Can't see us dropping Hawk without expecting a lot in return now that he's become a more dominant force for the Packers.

Comment

Working...