• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NAHSTE
    Probably owns the site
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by dave
    Kolb gets a really bad rap.
    He's the first guy to ever throw for more than 300 yards in his first two starts, he's bright, has a great attitude and just needs a real chance.
    Flynn is a backup, nothing more, though I liked his gutsy effort vs. New England.

If Kolb lands in the right spot, he becomes a star.
    Guarantee it.
    Yeah, that's what they said about Matt Schaub too.

Comment

• dave
      Go the fuck outside
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by North
      Yeah, that's what they said about Matt Schaub too.
      Schaub has been a damn good QB for the Texans. Schaub isn't the reason they are underachieving. It's been years of no run game, no D (this year especially) and no other receiving threat but Johnson.

The Niners would have won the division with Schaub at QB this season.

I take these numbers every day and twice on Sunday:

My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Realist
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by North
        Nah, Kolb sucks a huge bag of dicks. If they want to bring in a guy who can start, they should go with Matt Flynn.
        Not that I've followed him a whole lot but what exacty has Flynn did so far?

Comment

• NAHSTE
          Probably owns the site
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Realist
          Not that I've followed him a whole lot but what exacty has Flynn did so far?
          Outplayed Tom Brady in his only start. I wasn't being serious, but he can't be worse than Kolb.

Comment

• Woy
            RIP West
            • Dec 2008

Schaub has been a damn good QB for the Texans. Schaub isn't the reason they are underachieving. It's been years of no run game, no D (this year especially) and no other receiving threat but Johnson.

You obviously don't watch enough of Schaub. The reason why he has so much success is because of Johnson, and when it gets down to the wire, he always finds a way to lose the game.

Schaub is a great fantasy guy, but not someone you want starting if you want to be a playoff team.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Maize
              • Jan 2010

And saying Schaub has no run game is forgetting that Arian Foster won the league's rushing title. They were 4th in the league in passing YPG and 7th in rushing YPG. He needs protection, another option besides Johnson that can stay healthy and has dependable hands, and a much improved defense.

As for Harbaugh, I saw him staying after he met with Miami. He is going into a good situation in San Fran, I hope he does well.
              "Arrive, Raise Hell, Leave" | Kentucky Wildcats
              2014 Season: 11-2 (7-2)
              Next Game: Bowl Game

Comment

• NAHSTE
                Probably owns the site
                • Feb 2009

I was gonna point out the fallacies in your post, but Woy did a good enough jerb of it. The only part I agree with is the part about the Niners, but simply because a team won that division with overtheHasselbeck and Chaz Whitehurst.

Originally posted by Soulja Woy
                You obviously don't watch enough of Schaub. The reason why he has so much success is because of Johnson, and when it gets down to the wire, he always finds a way to lose the game.

Schaub is a great fantasy guy, but not someone you want starting if you want to be a playoff team.

He has no accuracy beyond 10 yards, has the highest % of his yardage total made after the catch (look it up, it's true) and throws team-crippling interceptions. My college roommate is a Texans fan, one of the few, and even he has run out of optimism. There's a reason why Andre Johnson, the best WR in football, has a middling YPC average every season. Because unless it's a hitch or slant pattern, Schauby can't make the throw.

His deficiencies become most apparent when he's being pressured or when his team absolutely NEEDS a play.

Comment

• dave
                  Go the fuck outside
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Soulja Woy

He's top 12 in the league and an instant upgrade for the Niners.
                  No one can deny that.
                  My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Woy
                    RIP West
                    • Dec 2008

He's top 12 in the league and an instant upgrade for the Niners.
                    No one can deny that.
                    I might be an upgrade over the black and white Smiths. Doesn't mean he'd be the key to a playoff berth.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• NAHSTE
                      Probably owns the site
                      • Feb 2009

Schaub has been a damn good QB for the Texans. Schaub isn't the reason they are underachieving.
                      Yup.

Comment

• Realist
                        • Mar 2009

Jim Harbaugh is the best thing that has happened to the 49ers and Alex Smith

Comment

• Leftwich
                          Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

What Harbaugh is doing in San Fran is magical.

Originally posted by Tailback U
                          It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Prodigal Son
                            The Greatest
                            • Feb 2009

Smith is doing what he needs to, to not lose. Kaepernick looked pretty decent, but that was also against back ups.

Comment

• Villain
                              [REDACTED]
                              • May 2011

4-1 feels pretty good. Here's hoping that Morgan won't be out for long.

Check that - Broken leg & a spot on the bench next to Braylon Edwards. Not looking good going into a game in Detroit.
                              [REDACTED]

Comment

Working...