X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SethMode
    Master of Mysticism
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by shag773
    As a human being I think Big Ben is a huge piece of shit, but as a player he's a top 5 QB. Not a lot of people can get past the first part of my statement to make the proper assesment.
    Which is fair. I personally, even as a Steelers fan, think Roethlisberger is a creep. I don't mind when people hate him for that reason, I only get somewhat confused/irritated when people make the same cookie cutter arguments just because, rather than actually watch a player (any player, not just Roethlisberger mind you) play.

Comment

• shag773
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
      Which is fair. I personally, even as a Steelers fan, think Roethlisberger is a creep. I don't mind when people hate him for that reason, I only get somewhat confused/irritated when people make the same cookie cutter arguments just because, rather than actually watch a player (any player, not just Roethlisberger mind you) play.
      To further your point, their 2008 super bowl year they were the 23rd ranked rushing offense. In the playoffs they failed to rush for 60 yards in both the AFC Championship Game and the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Liquidrob
        Izzy is a bum
        • Feb 2009

top 4 right now

Rodgers
        Sanchaez
        Cutler
        Ben
        Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• Anthony
          In Brendan we trust.
          • Jun 2009

1a. Peyton Manning
          1b. Tom Brady
          3. Drew Brees
          4. Aaron Rodgers
          5. Sam Bradford

Comment

• kmanharris
            Seven
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by JMeist
            There's not one quarterback I'd rather have right now than Godgers. Top 5 QBs are hard to judge, do you factor in pure skills or their ability to win in the playoffs.

I honestly hate putting big ben in the top 5, but he wins games, sure..But if it wasn't for that stingy ass defense and above average running game I don't think he could carry a team on his back in the regular season like guys such as Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, and Rivers. Hell, if someone wants to do it go look at the games started without ben over the last couple of years, shit even his whole tenure. I'd be willing to bet their record is pretty impressive.

1) Brady
            2) Manning
            3) Godgers
            4) Brees
            5) Big Ben
            Yep, because Rodgers didn't have an absolutely dominating defense behind him this year.

14 games holding opponents to 20 points or less and then games where they allowed 21, 24, and 26.

6 out of those 14 games they allowed 7 (SEVEN FUCKING POINTS) or less.

Don't knock Big Ben for having a great defense behind him then try to make an argument for Rodgers putting the team on his back because he doesn't have a great defense behind him.

Edit: Ben has put the team on his back time and time again in the playoffs, when it matters the most.

Comment

• Deviant
              Yes, please.
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
              Your list was twice a stupid a year ago.
              6-10 is always tricky. You start getting the mediocre quarterbacks and quarterbacks who have good years. The Top 5, however, doesn't suffer from that.

So if Rodgers goes 15-36 with 4 picks on Sunday, will all of you goofballs make a top 5 list without him on it?

Rodgers is the same player he was three weeks ago, and he still isnt better than Tom Brady. And i'm not even a big Tom Brady guy.
              Absolutely, without hesitation, is he still #2 on my list. Rodgers is still the player I've seen/believed he could be last year/two years ago and I said "Top 5 QB". If you're judging by what the player is, then you see past the "resume".

The point, is the guy has two playoff wins, no MVP's, no SB appearances, doesnt have half the resume of Brady, Big Ben, Manning, or even somebody like Brees, and half the site thinks he's the second best QB in football.

If he shits the bed Sunday, which is entirely possible, I want to see everybody in this thread who is swinging from his cock hair, put up a shiny new list and leave him off of it.
              Skill set & On-field play > Resume

I really couldn't give a damn about the resume, I want the quarterback that's going to produce on game day. This is the guy's third season as a starter, he's not supposed to have the resume that Manning and Brady have.

I'm not saying the guy is invincible, but every time I watch Rodgers I see an elite quarterback and possibly the best quarterback in the game. He reminds a lot of Peyton if he had Steve Young's legs.

This is the same guy that threw for four touchdowns and sent the game into overtime when the Packers were down 31-10. And it wasn't as if the Cardinals just bowed out of the game. Warner was still going as well and Rodgers had to put up 35 points in order to get the game tied.

Another favorite Rodgers moment was against the Falcons earlier this season where he was the leading rusher on the team with 50 and still threw for 350. But, the best part of the game was on 4th and 10 and he absolutely has to make THE THROW and he throws a piss rod laser to Jordy Nelson in the back of the end zone.

The Falcons end up winning that game because of Eric Weems return + facemask penalty which automatically gave the Falcons field position in Green bay territory.

I can go on all day and all of you can call me stupid, but I see what I've seen from this guy and I honestly believe that he's on the same tier with Peyton Manning. Just because I have the backbone to say what I believe instead of waiting for him to "win" doesn't mean I'm wrong.

And just like you said W2B, he's the same quarterback today that he was three weeks ago. So, if he's wins a Super Bowl, remember that. He's still the same quarterback.

Originally posted by red33
              what happened to Vick? a month ago he would be top 5 for sure.
              MVP candidate, yes. Top 5 QB, no. There's a huge difference.

Back at it, yet again. Sign up here!

Comment

• packersfan4eva
                Ryan Luxem
                • Dec 2008

Nobody has Vick in their top 5...how?

Originally posted by Miggyfan99
                I would get fucked in the ass for WS tickets too... only if Miguel was playing though

Comment

• Woy
                  RIP West
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by packersfan4eva
                  Nobody has Vick in their top 5...how?
                  We're not ranking them by Madden, little skip.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• ralaw
                    Posts too much
                    • Feb 2009

Rivers is the only QB that I can remember that seems to never take the ridicule that the other top QB's receive. I understand that he puts up great stats, but most people on this forum tend to judge these Qbs based on the team actually winning games, division titles and them making plays in the playoffs. However, it seems every year the Chargers struggle to start the season and barely if at all make the playoffs.....yet Rivers is consistently in people's top 5 list. I don't get the logic. IMO Rivers is a good QB, but I wouldn't put him ahead of:

1. Tom Brady
                    2. Peyton Manning
                    3. Ben Roethlisberger
                    4. Drew Brees
                    5. Aaron Rodgers

Comment

• SethMode
                      Master of Mysticism
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ralaw
                      Rivers is the only QB that I can remember that seems to never take the ridicule that the other top QB's receive. I understand that he puts up great stats, but most people on this forum tend to judge these Qbs based on the team actually winning games, division titles and them making plays in the playoffs. However, it seems every year the Chargers struggle to start the season and barely if at all make the playoffs.....yet Rivers is consistently in people's top 5 list. I don't get the logic.
                      Have thought the same thing lately. The funny thing too is that Rivers is often never detracted from due to his supporting cast. Until this year, the Chargers had a TON of weapons on offense. They also often had a very good defense. And going into every season they were expected to do greatly, but never really made it over the hump. Yet unlike guys like Peyton getting the blame, Rivers almost always seems to come out completely unscathed. Maybe it's because at the end of the day no one, not even (especially?) people from SD, gives a shit about the Chargers.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Deviant
                        6-10 is always tricky. You start getting the mediocre quarterbacks and quarterbacks who have good years. The Top 5, however, doesn't suffer from that.

Absolutely, without hesitation, is he still #2 on my list. Rodgers is still the player I've seen/believed he could be last year/two years ago and I said "Top 5 QB". If you're judging by what the player is, then you see past the "resume".

Skill set & On-field play > Resume

I really couldn't give a damn about the resume, I want the quarterback that's going to produce on game day. This is the guy's third season as a starter, he's not supposed to have the resume that Manning and Brady have.

I'm not saying the guy is invincible, but every time I watch Rodgers I see an elite quarterback and possibly the best quarterback in the game. He reminds a lot of Peyton if he had Steve Young's legs.

This is the same guy that threw for four touchdowns and sent the game into overtime when the Packers were down 31-10. And it wasn't as if the Cardinals just bowed out of the game. Warner was still going as well and Rodgers had to put up 35 points in order to get the game tied.

Another favorite Rodgers moment was against the Falcons earlier this season where he was the leading rusher on the team with 50 and still threw for 350. But, the best part of the game was on 4th and 10 and he absolutely has to make THE THROW and he throws a piss rod laser to Jordy Nelson in the back of the end zone.

The Falcons end up winning that game because of Eric Weems return + facemask penalty which automatically gave the Falcons field position in Green bay territory.

I can go on all day and all of you can call me stupid, but I see what I've seen from this guy and I honestly believe that he's on the same tier with Peyton Manning. Just because I have the backbone to say what I believe instead of waiting for him to "win" doesn't mean I'm wrong.

And just like you said W2B, he's the same quarterback today that he was three weeks ago. So, if he's wins a Super Bowl, remember that. He's still the same quarterback.

MVP candidate, yes. Top 5 QB, no. There's a huge difference.
                        And even if he wins the SB, he still isn't better than Brady.

Brady has been to four SB's, is a record breaking QB, and is about to win an MVP in a season where Rodgers backdoored the playoffs and just won his first playoff game two weeks ago. All while supported by a great defense and a great group of WR's (cue GB fans crying about injuries).

And the resume absolutely matters when you are talking about guys still in their prime. I am not a fan of the rings argument, but it is a factor, especially when you are talking about a guy who hasn't done shit yet.

I have nothing against Rodgers, but to say he is better than Brady is nothing short of absurd.

Comment

• manchild24
                          Kyle got fired
                          • Nov 2008

1. Manning - I dont think other QBs but the time into films like him. When its all said and done he will hold every record in the NFL (excluding Favres INT and Retirement/Comebacks)

2.Brady - I literally hate this guy for numerous reason (1 he plays with the Pats, 2 He took over for one of my favorite all time players in Drew Bledsoe even though Bledsoe went and stapled his chin closed just to play. 3 - I will always see Pats and Brady as cheaters, yes he still needs to make reads and what not but what they did and to have those tapes just pull a Copperfield)

3. Rivers - The guy just puts up gaudy numbers year after year. I know Brady will win the MVP this year with the Pats record, TD to INT ratio. But Rivers has thrown for over 4000 yards his last three years and 4710 this year without his top WR, a missing Gates for half the season and starting a rookie RB.

4. Brees/Big Ben - Brees puts up the numbers and Ben just wins. Possibly his 3rd ring and he's only 28.

5. Rodgers - Has thrown for over 4000 in each of the seasons he started and has lead the league in rushing TDs by a QB during that span.

I dont care about Super Bowl wins, that is the most over-rated statistic to look at for a QB. the team wins a super bowl. if that was the case and you went by super bowl wins. Dilfer is better then Marino. I hate when people talk about SUper Bowl wins for QBs. Until Manning won his first, all you heard was about his playoff record and no super bowls, he's not great. But then in the next breath say how great Marino was, well he doesnt have a ring except in Ace Ventura

Comment

• Deviant
                            Yes, please.
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ralaw
                            Rivers is the only QB that I can remember that seems to never take the ridicule that the other top QB's receive. I understand that he puts up great stats, but most people on this forum tend to judge these Qbs based on the team actually winning games, division titles and them making plays in the playoffs. However, it seems every year the Chargers struggle to start the season and barely if at all make the playoffs.....yet Rivers is consistently in people's top 5 list. I don't get the logic. IMO Rivers is a good QB, but I wouldn't put him ahead of:

1. Tom Brady
                            2. Peyton Manning
                            3. Ben Roethlisberger
                            4. Drew Brees
                            5. Aaron Rodgers
                            The Chargers were 13-3 last season... with a team that was 31st in rushing. Philip Rivers went 14-2 and 11-5 in other seasons. I'm not following on this one. Sure, the Chargers always seem to struggle at the beginning, but they usually shut people up by November/December (this year excluded).

I hate Philip Rivers, but he's had arguably his best season this year and the Chargers blew this year. I would take him over Roethlisberger. I hesistate with saying I would take him over Brady, but that's more of a coaching and system thing. However, I would rank him over Brady.

Comment

• Deviant
                              Yes, please.
                              • Nov 2008

And even if he wins the SB, he still isn't better than Brady.

Brady has been to four SB's, is a record breaking QB, and is about to win an MVP in a season where Rodgers backdoored the playoffs and just won his first playoff game two weeks ago. All while supported by a great defense and a great group of WR's (cue GB fans crying about injuries).

And the resume absolutely matters when you are talking about guys still in their prime. I am not a fan of the rings argument, but it is a factor, especially when you are talking about a guy who hasn't done shit yet.

I have nothing against Rodgers, but to say he is better than Brady is nothing short of absurd.
                              It's not like I'm saying Bradford is better than Brady. It's Aaron Rodgers. The guy has played for three seasons. He is what he is or he just isn't. Just like we all know what kind of quarterback Tom Brady can be.

We're going to have to disagree on this one. What you see as better is different than what I see.

Comment

• SethMode
                                Master of Mysticism
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Deviant
                                The Chargers were 13-3 last season... with a team that was 31st in rushing. Philip Rivers went 14-2 and 11-5 in other seasons. I'm not following on this one. Sure, the Chargers always seem to struggle at the beginning, but they usually shut people up by November/December (this year excluded).
                                Do you watch football? They had good regular season records but aside from one season laid eggs in the playoffs. To me that screams of the fact that they benefited from one of, if not the, worst divisions in football. Finally, this year the West looked better, and SD couldn't even get into the playoffs. Rivers avoids any and all critique for this fact every year, which is something few, if any, other QBs can do.

Comment

Working...