Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tailback U
    No substitute 4 strength.
    • Nov 2008

How does anyone here still take these threads seriously? I have no idea how these top 5-10 threads keep going 3+ pages.

You guys release a top 5 before the season, at midseason, after the regular season, and after the playoffs.

Comment

• Spidey
      • Feb 2009

Personally I'd take Rodgers over just about anyone. But thats just my opinion. I believe in the guy and his potential and I always have. I've been on board with Rodgers since draft day and vehemently defended him when Packer nation was against him for such stupid things like thinking he was fragile and a loser cause he broke his foot against the Patriots in a Packers loss in 2006. Anyone who participated in the Packers thread back on MM can attest to that.

That said, Rodgers doesn't have the type of body of work and the accolades that guys like Ben, Brady, and Manning have and really no one should expect that in only his third year starting. I'd put him behind those guys at this very moment. Doesn't mean i don't believe he has the potential to vault into that Manning/Brady category. Only time will tell. But at this moment, you can't put him up there.

1.Manning
      2.Brady
      3.Ben
      4.Brees
      5.Rodgers

Comment

• manchild24
        Kyle got fired
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
        Those Lions beat the Packers and Rodgers couldn't even get his offense a point in the half he played.
        who cares, he didnt account for a single point vs the Jets and they won that game. And he played a full game. Its just him on the field.

The Lions beat the Packers and the Redskins beat the Packers and the Lions beat the Redskins and if my mom had balls she'd be my dad.

Comment

• Rayman
          Spic 'n Spanish
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Primetime232
          29-20...23-10 since his rookie starting year.
          ...on a team that went to the NFC Championship Game the year before

Comment

• Spidey
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Rayman
            ...on a team that went to the NFC Championship Game the year before
            This and the 4th quarter clutch thing are the 2 dumbest Rodgers arguments I constantly see/hear.

This one is BS cause Rodgers was the LEAST of the Packers problems the year after the NFC Championship. He threw for 4000+ yards, 28 TDs, and 13 Ints which is almost identical to what Favre did the year before. Im sure the 22nd ranked defense in points allowed (down from #6 the previous year) and 26th rushing defense (down from #14 the year before) had nothing to do with it. This is a STAPLE baseless argument for Favre lovers. Hear this one all the time.

As for the 4th quarter clutch thing. I'm not gonna say hes clutch but anyone who has watched the Packers religiously has seen Rodgers countless times put together a game winning drive in the 4th, go ahead, and then have the D or ST fuck up and blow it.

Both arguments are absurd. Then there was the can't win a big game thing but I think he busted up that theory now.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
              Posts too much
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by manchild24
              who cares, he didnt account for a single point vs the Jets and they won that game. And he played a full game. Its just him on the field.

The Lions beat the Packers and the Redskins beat the Packers and the Lions beat the Redskins and if my mom had balls she'd be my dad.
              I'm not sure what the point of the bottom part of your post is. All I know is the Lions have beaten the Skins two years in a row and actually made Shanahan go full retard in a game by subbing in Sexy Rexy.

Comment

• Rayman
                Spic 'n Spanish
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Spidey
                This and the 4th quarter clutch thing are the 2 dumbest Rodgers arguments I constantly see/hear.

This one is BS cause Rodgers was the LEAST of the Packers problems the year after the NFC Championship. He threw for 4000+ yards, 28 TDs, and 13 Ints which is almost identical to what Favre did the year before. Im sure the 22nd ranked defense in points allowed (down from #6 the previous year) and 26th rushing defense (down from #14 the year before) had nothing to do with it. This is a STAPLE baseless argument for Favre lovers. Hear this one all the time.

As for the 4th quarter clutch thing. I'm not gonna say hes clutch but anyone who has watched the Packers religiously has seen Rodgers countless times put together a game winning drive in the 4th, go ahead, and then have the D or ST fuck up and blow it.

Both arguments are absurd. Then there was the can't win a big game thing but I think he busted up that theory now.
                Why does this sound so familiar to me?

I should've known better than to poke my head in here.

Comment

• Spidey
                  • Feb 2009

I am the MrBill of Rodgers fans. Its my job. Please stay...

Comment

• bucky
                    #50? WTF?
                    • Feb 2009

Yeah, just keep beating your head on the keyboard instead.

Comment

• Rayman
                      Spic 'n Spanish
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Spidey
                      I am the MrBill of Rodgers fans. Its my job. Please stay...
                      You missed the joke, but I still see what you did there.

Comment

• Spidey
                        • Feb 2009

You missed the joke, but I still see what you did there.
                        Well, I considered that the joke was you heard similar things regarding Romo but ultimately wasn't sure so just went on to another joke. If it wasn't that then yeah, went right over my head.

Comment

• guchi45
                          I'm better than Woy
                          • Feb 2009

1. Tom Brady
                          2. Peyton Manning
                          3. Aaron Rodgers
                          4. Ben Roethlisberger
                          5. Phillip Rivers

HM: Drew Brees

Comment

• NAHSTE
                            Probably owns the site
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Houstonboi
                            I agree, postseason and wins are stupid. I say we just go by yards in which case you gotta throw Matt Schaub into the discussion....
                            Yup.

Comment

• Houston
                              Back home
                              • Oct 2008

Tonight Rodgers will prove he's the best, as the Falcons fall to 2-3

Comment

Working...