X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G-men
    Posts too much
    • Nov 2011

G-Men's Mock Draft

So I decided I would make a mock draft. Not really much to say, but I'll probably make a version 2.0 and maybe 3.0 as we get closer to the draft. Feedback would be nice, tell me if I messed something up or if your team really doesn't need someone at that position. Obviously, the last four picks are subject to change.

1. Carolina Panthers - WR AJ Green (Georgia)

The Panthers have been looking for someone to play opposite of Steve Smith for years, and no one has gotten the job done. However, Carolina never really took a shot at a big name and just tried to go with drafting 2nd and 3rd rounders at receiver. Green will be a great target for a developing Jimmy Clausen, especially since Steve Smith isn't getting any younger.

2. Denver Broncos - CB Patrick Peterson (LSU)

I think it might be a case of take the best player available here. Nick Fairley would be a good pick here, but I feel Peterson can have more of an impact for the Broncos. Just like AJ Green playing opposite of Steve Smith, Peterson would have the honor of playing with the great Champ Bailey. In a few years, Peterson could become a great shutdown corner, and don't forget about him in the return game.

3. Buffalo Bills - DT Nick Fairley (Auburn)

Obviously, the Bills could use a lot of help on defense. There may be no better way to help them with that than by drafting Nick Fairley. He showed his dominance by leading the SEC in sacks in 2010, and he could come in and immediately be the best defensive lineman in Buffalo. With the way he gets to to quarterback, he could have a Suh-like impact.

4. Cincinnati Bengals - DE Da'Quan Bowers (Clemson)

All of the first four picks could be argued as the best player in the draft, but Bowers could be the guy that dominates from day one. As one of the best player in the country coming out of high school, he didn't miss a beat in college. In the words of Bart Scott, this defense couldn't stop a nose bleed last year, and Bowers could really help fortify the defensive line.

5. Arizona Cardinals - QB Blaine Gabbert (Missouri)

As much as it pains me to do it, it looks like it is going to happen. Personally, I don't believe Gabbert will be all that good in the pros, but it became obvious last year that the Cardinals need a quarterback more than anything. Kurt Warner was way more important to that team than anyone could have imagined, but he is gone and it is time they try out someone new.

6. Cleveland Browns - DT Marcell Dareus (Alabama)

The Browns had a great draft last year, and I think they can keep that magic going by drafting Dareus here. This team is definitely improving, there is a distinct lack of playmakers in Cleveland, especially on defense. One of the greats from that fearsome Alabama defense, Dareus could be a very good fit for this Browns team.

7. San Francisco 49ers - CB Prince Amukamara (Nebraska)

The 49ers defense was much more than disappointing this season. They were supposed to be the premier team in the NFC West, yet here they sit with a top ten pick in this year's draft. Clearly something went wrong, so the best way to fix it is to draft the best player available. At this point in the draft, that is Amukamara, who would most likely come in and start opposite of Nate Clements.

8. Tennessee Titans - OLB Von Miller (Texas A&M)

Vince Young is out, so they definitely need a new quarterback. However, I don't see them reaching to take Newton, Locker, or Mallett at this point. Maybe they trade down, but I really can't predict that. Miller's stock has been rising as of late, and he is versatile enough to fit into the system in Tennessee, as he could probably play a little defensive end.

9. Dallas Cowboys - DE Robert Quinn (UNC)

This was a tough pick for me to make because I really don't see them taking anyone who is worth a top ten pick without reaching to get somebody. If the draft were to go this way, the Cowboys are either trading down or just picking the best player available. Right now, Quinn is the best player available, adding to the defensive linemen dominating the top ten this year.

10. Washington Redskins - QB Cam Newton (Auburn)

Call me crazy, but I can honestly see the Redskins making the reach here and drafting Newton. Donovan McNabb appears to be on the way out and I doubt they want to have to rely on Rex Grossman next year. And with the way they saw Michael Vick dominate first hand last season, they might want to take a chance and see if Newton can do the same for them.

11. Houston Texans - Ryan Kerrigan (Purdue)

12. Minnesota Vikings - QB Jake Locker (Washington)

13. Detroit Lions - OT Nate Solder (Colorado)

14. St. Louis Rams - WR Julio Jones (Alabama)

15. Miami Dolphins - DT Stephen Paea (Oregon State)

16. Jacksonville Jaguars - DE Adrian Clayborn (Iowa)

17. New England Patriots via Oakland Raiders - RB Mark Ingram (Alabama)

18. San Diego Chargers - OLB Akeem Ayers (UCLA)

19. New York Giants - OT Tyron Smith (USC)

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DE Cameron Jordan (Cal)

21. Kansas City Chiefs - DE JJ Watt (Wisconsin)

22. Indianapolis Colts - OT Gabe Carimi (Wisconsin)

23. Philadelphia Eagles - C Mike Pouncey (Florida)

24. New Orleans Saints - HB Ryan Williams (Virginia Tech)

25. Seattle Seahawks - QB Ryan Mallet (Arkansas)

26. Baltimore Ravens - CB Brandon Harris (Miami)

27. Atlanta Falcons - OT Anthony Castonzo (Boston College)

28. New England Patriots - DE Cameron Heyward (Ohio State)

29. Green Bay Packers - DE Allen Bailey (Miami)

30. New York Jets - OLB Justin Houston (Georgia)

31. Chicago Bears - FS Rahim Moore (UCLA)

32. Pittsburgh Steelers - DT Corey Liuget (Illinois)
  • Boucher
    King of EDM
    • Jul 2009

I think u can flip flo between 4-5

Comment

Working...