X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rush
    vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

NFC North on the up and up?

I was thinking about the NFC North and how it seems to be on the up and up. What do you think?

Obviously Chicago and Green Bay are playing well and are going in the right direction. Detroit, if Stafford can stay healthy, is a solid 8 win team I think especially with the addition of Best/Suh. Minnesota "might" have a starting QB in Joe Webb but it's hard to tell at this moment.

How do you think it will play out and will Minnesota and Detroit compete next season?
  • Champ
    Needs a hobby
    • Oct 2008

No. The bears got lucky this season with no injuries plus their starting QB is a pussy.

Comment

• Diivox
      It's the other way.
      • Apr 2009

not any different this year than any other year.

the bears are underachievers on the whole with this regime but even their underachieving is still pretty damned good compared to any team out of the NFC west or AFC west for that matter.

The Lions, I think, are a team that is going to make some noise, I was lucky enough to watch a few of their games this year and that team just feels like its full of guys who are really fucking sick of losing and are going to put it together soon (plus Suh is the definition of an impact player, the guy has to be seen to be beleived, numbers do not do him justice)

The Vikings got better by getting rid of their head coach alone and now that they arent spending time sucking off Favre to come out and complain about being injured and patting himself on the back for playing through it, they could actually become a unified team. drop a quarterback there and its a 8 or 9 win team.

the Packers have the best GM in the division, TT took alot of shit for not spending any money really but his plan of building through the draft and keeping his own players has worked out. the Packers arent just a great team, they are going to be a great team for a long time.

but its cool, let the talking heads run their mouths for days about the bullshit NFC east and give stupid nicknames to quarterbacks with soft schedules in the south. the North is the best division in the NFC.

Comment

• Tailback U
        No substitute 4 strength.
        • Nov 2008

It's not just the NFC North, the entire league is on a more even playing field.

Comment

• Senser81
          VSN Poster of the Year
          • Feb 2009

I thought this, too. For all the talk about how strong the NFC East was and how good Atlanta and New Orleans were, the Bears and Packers pretty much took care of business. They both soundly defeated the Eagles, the Packers beat the Giants with the playoffs on the line, the Saints fell to a weak Seattle team, and the Packers crushed the Falcons.

I think a case could be made that the Bears and Packers have the best defenses in the NFC. Next year, I expect the Lions to leapfrog the Vikings in the standings, and the Vikings will be a 6-10 or 7-9 team.

Comment

• FirstTimer
            Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Anyone hearing what the Vikings are going to do at QB next season? T-Jack? Webb? McNabb? I've heard Orton's name as well...which i think would be a great fit.

Comment

• bucky
              #50? WTF?
              • Feb 2009

At least this year, people have to say that the NFCN is the strongest division in the NFC. No real way to argue against it.

The current NFC power rankings would have to look like this:

1) Packers
              2) Bears

The NFCN represented pretty well this year.

The Bears defense might be getting a little older, but if healthy, they are still a force. Very good D.

Comment

• shag773
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
                the Bears and Packers pretty much took care of business. They both soundly defeated the Eagles,
                Not that I'm being a bitch ass homer, but all three of those games were decided by 7 points or less.

Alright, I'm a bitch ass homer...

Comment

• Rush
                  vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by Chubby Giangio
                  No. The bears got lucky this season with no injuries plus their starting QB is a pussy.
                  When do you ever plan to contribute to solid posting? The gig is up.

Comment

• Senser81
                    VSN Poster of the Year
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by shag773
                    Not that I'm being a bitch ass homer, but all three of those games were decided by 7 points or less.

True, i think all 3 games had the same pattern...Eagles fall behind big, then their rally falls short. But I do think that physically the Eagles were soundly beaten, FWIW.

Comment

• bucky
                      #50? WTF?
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
                      Anyone hearing what the Vikings are going to do at QB next season? T-Jack? Webb? McNabb? I've heard Orton's name as well...which i think would be a great fit.
                      Would you trade Cutler to the Vikings for 2 #1's and a #3?
                      You know what, scratch that FT. Just ignore it. Sorry, that was just nasty and mean of me.

Comment

• bucky
                        #50? WTF?
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by shag773

GB did it twice, and both times IN Philly. The second being the playoff game. That would be the real impressive one. They weren't playing in GB.

Comment

• Tailback U
                          No substitute 4 strength.
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by bucky
                          At least this year, people have to say that the NFCN is the strongest division in the NFC. No real way to argue against it.

The current NFC power rankings would have to look like this:

1) Packers
                          2) Bears

The NFCN represented pretty well this year.

The Bears defense might be getting a little older, but if healthy, they are still a force. Very good D.
                          I'd say the the NFC South was stronger as a whole with 3 good teams.

The Bears were very good but we don't really know how good considering they only played 1 real playoff game and lost is at home. Seattle wasn't a true playoff team as they were a below .500 NFC team.

Comment

• Senser81
                            VSN Poster of the Year
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Tailback U
                            I'd say the the NFC South was stronger as a whole with 3 good teams.

The Bears were very good but we don't really know how good considering they only played 1 real playoff game and lost is at home. Seattle wasn't a playoff team.
                            Yet the Saints still lost to them. And the Bucs aren't really a strong team. They lost to the Lions with everything on the line.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by bucky
                              Would you trade Cutler to the Vikings for 2 #1's and a #3?
                              You know what, scratch that FT. Just ignore it. Sorry, that was just nasty and mean of me.
                              No, because we don't get Orton back in the deal.

Comment

Working...