X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G-men
    Posts too much
    • Nov 2011

NFL Re-Draft

I saw that they did this on ESPN with the 2005 Draft and it peaked my interest. How would you re-draft the top picks of some of the recent drafts?

• Obst
    RIP West
    • Oct 2008

Why would the Jags want a dead safety...no offense

Comment

• Juggernaut
      Sitting on the Sidelines
      • Dec 2008

No way to predict he would die, who knows, if he wasn't drafted by Washington he might still be alive. Different location, different pay check, lots of factors to consider.

edit:

And how don't the Rams draft Matt Ryan?

Comment

• Obst
        RIP West
        • Oct 2008

He died in his house in Florida, not like he died in Washington.

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
          Fuck em
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Jewgernaut

No way to predict he would die, who knows, if he wasn't drafted by Washington he might still be alive. Different location, different pay check, lots of factors to consider.
          he wouldn't live in a diff location if he was in Jacksonville... seeing he was killed in his MIAMI home while playing for the Washington Foreskins

Comment

• Champ
            Needs a hobby
            • Oct 2008

I was thinking about a thread like this. Main idea would be about the 49ers. How would they have been with Aaron Rodgers instead of Alex Smith.

Comment

• Juggernaut
              Sitting on the Sidelines
              • Dec 2008

I knew he had a Miami home since he was from the U, I thought i remembered reading it was his place close to DC.

Comment

• Obst
                RIP West
                • Oct 2008

A day earlier, Taylor and his girlfriend were awakened by loud noises, according to family friend Richard Sharpstein, who learned the details from Taylor's girlfriend, Jackie Garcia. He said Taylor grabbed a machete he keeps in the bedroom for protection. Someone then broke through the bedroom door and fired two shots, one missing and one hitting Taylor, Sharpstein said. Neither Taylor's daughter, Jackie, nor Taylor's girlfriend were injured in the attack.

The bullet damaged the femoral artery in Taylor's leg, causing significant blood loss. Taylor never regained consciousness, Sharpstein said, and the news that he had squeezed a nurse's hand late Monday only proved to give false hope.

"Maybe he was trying to say goodbye or something," Sharpstein said.

Redskins coach Joe Gibbs said he did not know why Taylor returned to Miami during the weekend. Taylor was not required to accompany the team to Sunday's game at Tampa Bay because of a knee injury.
                Even if he did play for the Jaguars, the Jags had a home game that weekend, it's possible that he still stops by his house and the shooting still happens.

Comment

• G-men
                  Posts too much
                  • Nov 2011

i get the whole Sean Taylor thing and it definitely contradicts the whole drafting now thing but i was just thinking that if he were alive, he'd be picked. and who even knows if he gets injured playing in Jacksonville, which is the reason he was at his Miami home when he was killed.

Comment

• Raidersabc123
                    Wakka Wakka
                    • Dec 2008

I would still want McFadden
                    THe MaDDeN GoD

Comment

• Obst
                      RIP West
                      • Oct 2008

Even if that's the case, I'd probably still take Cooley over Sean Taylor. Our TE at the time was Kyle Brady who had 14 catches all year. We also had Deon Grant and Donovan Darius at safety.

Comment

• Primetime
                        Thank You Prince
                        • Nov 2008

The Packers drafting AJ Hawk instead of Haloti Ngata, we got to pick The Freezer B.J. Raji 2 years ago. I like our decision

Comment

• dave
                          Go the fuck outside
                          • Oct 2008

No way Miami takes Chris Johnson over Matt Ryan knowing what we know now.
                          A franchise QB has a 12-15 year career span, a franchise RB 4-7.
                          Even now, we're starting to see Johnson slip.
                          My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Woy
                            RIP West
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by dave
                            No way Miami takes Chris Johnson over Matt Ryan knowing what we know now.
                            A franchise QB has a 12-15 year career span, a franchise RB 4-7.
                            Even now, we're starting to see Johnson slip.
                            He was facing 8-9 man fronts all season and had a bad hip injury all season. But yeah, he's starting to slip.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Scorask
                              • Feb 2009

I think the Pats were much better off with Mayo than Forte IMO. Mayo has contributed since the day he has arrived with the Pats and there are no signs of that slowing down anytime soon. Solid pick for a D that was aging and that needed a linebacker much more than a running back. Especially with BJGE being undrafted pick up in 2008, and breaking the 1000 yard mark this year, also a huge bonus that he doesn't fumble.

Comment

Working...