• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rush
    vsn has rizzen

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by BEROWSK
    ...to like Tim Tebow and Josh Freeman?

I have no reason to dislike them besides GS/Glenwillet/BigBucs homerism, but even that's enough to turn me off to these dudes. I almost am rooting for them to fail, hard, just so these guys will STFU.

Also Jay Cutler with Rush. Holy shit man, he's proven that he sucks yet you still have his ball cheese all over your lips.

Anybody else feel the same? How about with another player/coach/team?
    I feel the same way about you as a human being. Die in a fire.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
      My Aunt Ida Smokes.
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by glenwillett
      That said, if you don't like Tim Tebow as a person I don't know what's wrong with you. He could come in here and read all the shit that has been talked about him and just smile and move on. I wish I had his level of humanity. And for all the love he got in college, he got just as much hate in the weeks leading up to the draft.
      I don't think Tebow is what you (and ESPN) thinks he is regarding his "humanism".

Everything I've been told from people who spent time around him informed me that he may be one of the shittiest, immature people they've seen.

EDIT: For full exposure, the "people" I mentioned are the production crew that work for my dad and had to go with Colt McCoy to NYC for the Heisman ceremony. Remember that awkward "Colt and Tebow at Carnegie Deli" segment they played on SportsCenter (and possibly during the Heisman ceremony)? They were just off-screen and had nothing but bad things to say about how Tebow behaved when the cameras stopped rolling.

Comment

• Goober
        Needs a hobby
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BrntO4Life
        I don't think Tebow is what you (and ESPN) thinks he is regarding his "humanism".

Everything I've been told from people who spent time around him informed me that he may be one of the shittiest, immature people they've seen.

EDIT: For full exposure, the "people" I mentioned are the production crew that work for my dad and had to go with Colt McCoy to NYC for the Heisman ceremony. Remember that awkward "Colt and Tebow at Carnegie Deli" segment they played on SportsCenter (and possibly during the Heisman ceremony)? They were just off-screen and had nothing but bad things to say about how Tebow behaved when the cameras stopped rolling.
        Atlas has first hand exposure with Tebow too, and he said Tim is just the bee's knees.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
          My Aunt Ida Smokes.
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Goblinslayer
          Atlas has first hand exposure with Tebow too, and he said Tim is just the bee's knees.
          I'd be curious as to where he saw him at and what angle he approached him from.

Comment

• Atlas
            BRACK FRIDAY BUNDURU!!!!!
            • Feb 2010

i first met him his SR year at Nease, and then again for the next three years at various camps across NE-FL (that he and a few other players from various schools would help coach)... he is a smug mother fucker, but he is genuine to say the least... he is everything the cameras make him out to be...

Comment

• BrntO4Life
              My Aunt Ida Smokes.
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Atlas
              i first met him his SR year at Nease, and then again for the next three years at various camps across NE-FL (that he and a few other players from various schools would help coach)... he is a smug mother fucker, but he is genuine to say the least... he is everything the cameras make him out to be...
              Different setting, to be sure. Maybe he hates people who work in video production?

Comment

• Senser81
                VSN Poster of the Year
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BrntO4Life
                I'd be curious as to where he saw him at and what angle he approached him from.
                Gym Shower? From behind?

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                  My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by glenwillett
                  I remember the segment clearly.. Maybe he hates contrived segments in which the two parties have nothing in common and are given a list of questions to ask each other by ESPN when both of them are about to lose to the second best running back on Alabama anyway.
                  It's not like Colt liked the segment either. But Colt didn't whine. He did clearly show his frustration about having to be around Tebow though.

I remember the camera guys talking about the year prior when and how Bradford and McCoy had become fast friends, yet neither wanted to spend time with Tebow. It sounded hilariously awkward.

Besides, why should Tebow be pissed at ESPN for anything they've done? They single-handedly got him drafted in the first round.

EDIT: This isn't me trying to make Colt out to be better than Tebow. Even as a UT fan I think Colt is kind of a doofus - it's just the only point of reference I have.

Comment

• Primetime
                    Thank You Prince
                    • Nov 2008

Poor choice of words as a thread title.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                      My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                      • Mar 2009

Fucking DB errors made half this thread disappear for me.

As for doubting the dudes who work for my dad (Dad doesn't have to go on the road anymore), you won't find bigger critics of the program. All of the bad shit I hear about UT, it's from my dad or the dudes who work for him.

Players with shitty attitudes? Dickish coaches? You don't find much of that information out without knowing someone inside the program. I take all the success UT has had on the field with a full 20-lb bag of salt.

Once again, I don't even hate Tebow. Simply recalling what I was told a long time ago by guys who actually spent time outside the spotlight with him. Maybe he just had a bad few days or just really hates NYC. I'm not privy to the reasons WHY he acted like a shithead, just that he did.

EDIT: I have actually spent time around Colt in a really shitty environment (shooting promos for the University last summer). He was pretty gracious even though he had to do all of these ridiculous lines and had a handler pushing him out the door the whole time.

Comment

Working...