X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OnlyOneBeerLeft
    Fuck em
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
    How about Vernon Gholston transitioning to a role like the Raiders Kamerion Wimbley as a SLB in a 4-3 under type of scheme?

I could definitely see him going to the Seahawks and playing end. I think Pete Carroll could definitely get a lot out of him (He did a great job with Raheem Brock and Chris Clemons). If not there then maybe the Eagles under Jim Washburn as a rotational pass rusher.
    What? I mean... I will give you Brock I guess... but Clemons? I wouldn't say Pete had anything to do with him at all, he's always been a good pass rusher when he's on the field. Guy was awesome in the very limited snaps in Oakland and just didn't find the field in Philly, all he really needed was a coach to play him consistently. I doubt Pete Carroll "got a lot out of him" that wasn't already there.

Comment

• Woy
      RIP West
      • Dec 2008

Washburn could make anyone on this forum a 10 sack a year player. Gholston would be smart to go there if there's interest.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

Shefter tweeted Gholston had a $9 million escalator clause in his contract for a sack or forced fumble. In 15 games, he got zero and missed out on the money.

Comment

• Sportsbuck
          Buckeye For Life
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
          How about Vernon Gholston transitioning to a role like the Raiders Kamerion Wimbley as a SLB in a 4-3 under type of scheme?

I could definitely see him going to the Seahawks and playing end. I think Pete Carroll could definitely get a lot out of him (He did a great job with Raheem Brock and Chris Clemons). If not there then maybe the Eagles under Jim Washburn as a rotational pass rusher.
          Been over this before... Gholston is not a LB.

He's a weakside end in a 4-3 alignment. That's the position he flourished at in college, and really the only one I cansee him having an impact at in college.

He doesn't have the hips nor the awareness to cover backs or TE's, but he's got the size and strength and quickness to be a factor as a situational pass rusher coming off the weakside in a 4-3.

Comment

Working...