Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • manchild24
    Kyle got fired
    • Nov 2008

no disrespect to Buckeye Fans but this is a fucking joke. Didnt he go back on his word about running a clean program and he wont stand for this type of stuff when he was introduced as the head coach or at a rally or something.

Then he lets these guys off with a suspension for next season if they promise to come back. Yeah I'll come back, wait fuck it Im going pro.

He should have manned up and sat their asses for the bowl game. It happened this season, they should sit this season.

Just another "top" program being shady.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
      My Aunt Ida Smokes.
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ram29jackson
      this a waste of time-

players sold/selling their own stuff for a few bucks is not worthy of any violation. If this was the big news about a top 25 program in trouble, its the dumbest thing I've heard as of yet. The NCAA heads are a waste of money ,space and time.

DUMBEST THING I'VE HEARD AS OF YET

Comment

• Sportsbuck
        Buckeye For Life
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by manchild24
        no disrespect to Buckeye Fans but this is a fucking joke. Didnt he go back on his word about running a clean program and he wont stand for this type of stuff when he was introduced as the head coach or at a rally or something.
        Are you referring to his 310 days speech at the Michigan basketball game after he was introduced?
        Then he lets these guys off with a suspension for next season if they promise to come back. Yeah I'll come back, wait fuck it Im going pro.
        And every player announced that they would come back, and are all serving their suspensions this coming season.
        He should have manned up and sat their asses for the bowl game.
        Agreed. Without Pryor and Co we lose the Sugar Bowl, but quite frankly there asses shouldn't have been on the field.

Comment

• manchild24
          Kyle got fired
          • Nov 2008

If I knew had to multi quote I would but I can never do it right.

Yes that was the speech I was talking about.
          They said they are coming but, I just dont agree with that, Not sure of the players other then Pryor and how good they are but if they changed their mind and decleared then his promise of a suspension is nothing. It didnt happen, so no big deal but they should have been suspended the year it was going happen.

Comment

• Sportsbuck
            Buckeye For Life
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by manchild24
            If I knew had to multi quote I would but I can never do it right.
            Just highlight text and hit quote then type after that.
            Yes that was the speech I was talking about.
            "You'll be proud of our kids in the classroom, in the community, and in 310 days, in Ann Arbor, Michigan."

The classroom part was in reference to the John Cooper era filled with Andy Katzenmoyer taking AIDS awareness classes to stay eligible and Reggie Germany's 0.0 GPA among the notable instances, and Tress has done that. In the 2010 APR rankings, we finished with a 975 score, tied with Vanderbilt and 1 point behind Stanford. We've had multiple academic All-Americans, a Draddy winner (Academic Heisman for athletes), and obviously do well on the academic All Big-Ten. Sure there's bad guys in every program academically, but Tress has stepped it up there.

Community: Once Maurice Clarett and the rest of the Cooper boys were gone, OSU has stayed out of trouble for the most part in the community. Sure we've had troubles here and there, like Alex Boone's DUI, Doug Worthington's DUI, and several other instances, but we've done very well in this part over the years.

Michigan speaks for itself. 9-1.

Comment

• manchild24
              Kyle got fired
              • Nov 2008

Hey I really cant blame the guy for not saying anything. They sold memorablia, not like they took money from boosters or shit. Other schools have done a lot worse, Tressel probably was hoping it would just go away.

Comment

• manchild24
                Kyle got fired
                • Nov 2008

Hey I really cant blame the guy for not saying anything. They sold memorablia, not like they took money from boosters or shit. Other schools have done a lot worse, Tressel probably was hoping it would just go away.

Comment

• Senser81
                  VSN Poster of the Year
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Sportsbuck
                  The classroom part was in reference to the John Cooper era filled with Andy Katzenmoyer taking AIDS awareness classes to stay eligible and Reggie Germany's 0.0 GPA among the notable instances, and Tress has done that. In the 2010 APR rankings, we finished with a 975 score, tied with Vanderbilt and 1 point behind Stanford. We've had multiple academic All-Americans, a Draddy winner (Academic Heisman for athletes), and obviously do well on the academic All Big-Ten. Sure there's bad guys in every program academically, but Tress has stepped it up there.
                  Tressel allowed his players to take "oral exams" in order to pass their classes. This is even worse than blaming Memphis for "allowing" Derrick Rose to allegedly have someone else take his SAT. At least with Rose, there is some record and some paper trail to fall back on. With Tressel/Ohio State's oral exam system, we have nothing. Ohio State can't provide evidence that players even took their exams or ever showed up for class.

Tressel was slime at Youngstown State, and he's slime at Ohio State. Nothing new.

Comment

• ralaw
                    Posts too much
                    • Feb 2009

This is going to get ugly for Tressel and Ohio State.....I understand he said that he was trying to "protect the players (LOL)," but this comes across as he was simply trying to hide it and hope that it would go away.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Tressel's Emails....

SPORTSbyBROOKS Documents: Read The Actual Jim Tressel Emails

Ouch for Tressel.

Comment

• Spidey
                        • Feb 2009

I don't see this ending well for Tressel/OSU

Comment

• FirstTimer
                          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

I'd be shocked if the NCAA doesn't add at least three more games on to Tressel's two gamer that OSU gave him.

LOL at OSU giving him 2 games anyways, allowing him to come back for the game against Miami. Really? Like they thought they were being clever about it?

Comment

• Senser81
                            VSN Poster of the Year
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FirstTimer
                            I'd be shocked if the NCAA doesn't add at least three more games on to Tressel's two gamer that OSU gave him.

LOL at OSU giving him 2 games anyways, allowing him to come back for the game against Miami. Really? Like they thought they were being clever about it?
                            I don't really care about the players selling items for money, and I don't think the transgression is all that bad. What irks me are Tressel's and Gee's comments. They are both retarded. The emails don't really show anything horrible about Tressel, but it does clearly show when he was made aware of his players selling memorabilia to a convicted drug dealer. Its funny how UNC's football program is nearly shut down because some players sold memorabilia to a guy claiming to be an agent (and really, who couldn't claim to be an agent?), but OSU's players are selling memorabilia to a criminal and no one says boo.

Gordon Gee should be removed from office based on how he has mishandled this. The ONLY thing that saves OSU is that no evidence has yet been found tying the players to drugs. Suspending Tressel for the Akron and Toledo games is a joke, but whatever.

Comment

• Chrispy
                              Needs a hobby
                              • Dec 2008

lol, he misses games against Akron and Toledo which are both home games Atleast make it two conference games.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                                Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

I agree senser. I don't think the selling of the stuff is that horrible but I understand why the rule against it exists. I also don't think what Tressel did was that terrible but the emails are pretty damning as far as showing what he knew and when.

Lying to the NCAA is a pretty quick way to get in trouble though and that's why I think Tressel will be sitting out a few more games. He was obviously aware of something going on and tried to hide it or say he wasn't.

The OSU administrations really mucked this entire thing up and I don't think Tressel missing two games is going to satisfy the NCAA
                                BlackBerry9650/5.0.0.1006 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Comment

Working...