Originally posted by FirstTimer
    I don't hate Ohio State.

I just don't care for Tressel at all.
    Oh, I thought cause you are a Notre Dame fan

Comment

• ram29jackson
      Noob
      • Nov 2008

where has it been proven that Tressel lied about anything ?

he may have ignored it because the players did something on their own and he doesnt need to baby-sit them. He let them suffer the consequences as opposed to hiding it.

The fact is Ohio State has not implied getting rid of him in any way.

...and this is really trivial for a violation anyway.

Comment

• manchild24
        Kyle got fired
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ram29jackson

he may have ignored it because the players did something on their own and he doesnt need to baby-sit them. He let them suffer the consequences as opposed to hiding it.

I thought I only read and heard what I wanted to but you took the cake on this one.

It says ALLEGES, not Proven.

The article never said Ohio State is getting rid of him or hinted that they may get rid of him. It said "The NCAA could accept Ohio State’s suggestion of sanctions—the five-game suspension and the fine—or could levy much more severe penalties. Since the NCAA says that Tressel knowingly used ineligible players, it would seem probable that the 2010 regular season would be vacated—ending the Buckeyes’ run of Big Ten titles at six in a row. The NCAA could also come down hard on Tressel, compelling Ohio State to add to Tressel’s suspension or issue sanctions leading to the school firing him."

Comment

• FirstTimer
          Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by manchild24
          Oh, I thought cause you are a Notre Dame fan
          I am.

He got the emails in April telling him about the violations and even took steps to correct it. That's been proven and he admitted it.

He then signed an NCAA compliance waiver in September that basically said he wasn't aware of any violations by players...when he was.

That'd be a lie.

Did you read the stroy bruh?

Comment

• ram29jackson
            Noob
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by FirstTimer
            I am.

He got the emails in April telling him about the violations and even took steps to correct it. That's been proven and he admitted it.

He then signed an NCAA compliance waiver in September that basically said he wasn't aware of any violations by players...when he was.

That'd be a lie.

Did you read the stroy bruh?

no , I didnt read the story because I have more important things on my mind.

these violations are so trivial that the school doesn't care and it wont affect his job. and the penalty is ridiculously steep for this crap haha....whats a stroy?

Comment

• FirstTimer
              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

no , I didnt read the story because I have more important things on my mind.

these violations are so trivial that the school doesn't care and it wont affect his job. and the penalty is ridiculously steep for this crap haha....whats a stroy?
              Sounds like you already know.

Great. You think they are trivial.

What's a haha?

Comment

• EmpireWF
                Giants in the Super Bowl
                • Mar 2009

Fact is Tressel stood idly by while he let players who should have been ruled ineligible, play because it was in the best interest of him winning games.

Sure the NCAA is ridiculous, but coaches who lie and break the rules should be punished.

Comment

• Senser81
                  VSN Poster of the Year
                  • Feb 2009

The violation may or may not be trivial, but its not up to Tressel to decide.

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                    My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                    • Mar 2009

Wow, so I guess the NCAA has come out and finally formally charged Tressel.

Is the NCAA going to open up a permanent branch in Columbus?

Comment

• Woy
                      RIP West
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by manchild24
                      Since the NCAA says that Tressel knowingly used ineligible players, it would seem probable that the 2010 regular season would be vacated—ending the Buckeyes’ run of Big Ten titles at six in a row. The NCAA could also come down hard on Tressel, compelling Ohio State to add to Tressel’s suspension or issue sanctions leading to the school firing him.
                      Fuck that, they aren't the champs in anyone's mind in 05, 08 and last season. Penn State and Wisconsin both beat that ass and were the true Big Ten champions.

Co-titles are fucking retarded.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• ram29jackson
                        Noob
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Senser81
                        The violation may or may not be trivial, but its not up to Tressel to decide.
                        actually, it is up to him.

the NCAA allows schools to discipline themselves as felt needed,
                        before they start meddling. Tressel could be called a liar but he also may have thought- let the chips fall where they may, I'm sick of covering for kids messing around...?

Comment

• NAHSTE
                          Probably owns the site
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Woy
                          Fuck that, they aren't the champs in anyone's mind in 05, 08 and last season. Penn State and Wisconsin both beat that ass and were the true Big Ten champions.

The Big Ten is fucking retarded.
                          Fixed.

Comment

• Senser81
                            VSN Poster of the Year
                            • Feb 2009

actually, it is up to him.

the NCAA allows schools to discipline themselves as felt needed,
                            before they start meddling. Tressel could be called a liar but he also may have thought- let the chips fall where they may, I'm sick of covering for kids messing around...?
                            Whoa, better keep the Ohio State players away from sharp objects...Tressel is such a disciplinarian! "I'm so sick and tired of these kids messing around, instead of disciplining them or, at the very least, reporting their transgressions to the authorities...I'M GOING TO LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY! That will teach them once and for all. No more Mr. Nice Guy."

I take it you aren't a parent? Or are you like the beatnik Ned Flanders parent?

Comment

• manchild24
                              Kyle got fired
                              • Nov 2008

The chips are falling where they may - "fuck! I crapped out"

Comment

• BrntO4Life
                                My Aunt Ida Smokes.
                                • Mar 2009

I've come to the conclusion that Tressel must be an idiot and a scumbag.

I can't think of a more perfect place for him. Except maybe Auburn.

Comment

Working...