• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rayman
    Spic 'n Spanish
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by STRA HAN
    ??

Not hating, was just saying if he didn't get in trouble he would have been drafted long before Dallas' pick.
    I agree with that, in the sense that that incident led to a bunch of fabricated things coming out that hurt his stock more than the suspension itself would have done.

But I'm glad it turned out the way it did, even when nonsense like this comes out.

Comment

• Woy
      RIP West
      • Dec 2008

Sean Lee is a respectable citizen and would never do something like this. Dez should learn from him.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• sraczk2011
        West Coast Bias
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Rayman
        Regadless, please show me any other instance in which a player made national headlines for the clothing his buddies were wearing.

Being the 36th top story on Yahoo = "making national headlines"?

Comment

• shag773
          • Jul 2009

Regadless, please show me any other instance in which a player made national headlines for the clothing his buddies were wearing.

I'll wait.
          I checked Yahoo Sports and ESPN.com, and no mention of this story on any of their headlines. I would have to search for it. According to your screen shots, it was the 33rd story....out of 36.

So you can stop waiting..it never happened to begin with..

Comment

• Rayman
            Spic 'n Spanish
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by sraczk2011

Being the 36th top story on Yahoo = "making national headlines"?
            Considering the fact that this capture was from Wednesday? Yeah. That's not Yahoo Sports either, in case your selective eyes chose to skip that, too.

I couldn't give a fuck less what number it was on the headlines, the fact that it's even there is proof enough.

Originally posted by shag773
            I checked Yahoo Sports and ESPN.com, and no mention of this story on any of their headlines. I would have to search for it. According to your screen shots, it was the 33rd story....out of 36.

So you can stop waiting..it never happened to begin with..
            You don't say? You checked it out two days after the fact and couldn't find it on the front page of ESPN? Wow, they must have gotten around to reporting actual news within the last 48 hours! Who'd have thought?

It not only was on ESPNs front page, there were actually two subcolumns on it in their NFL section. Nevermind that it kept scrolling on the bottomline all morning Wednesday.

So I'll ask the question again: can you show me any instance where that kind of attention was paid to as useless a story as an athlete having to deal with the stern consequences of associating with guys who wear their pants too low? I can't think of a single one, buut hey, maybe I just missed it..

Comment

• strahanfan92
              Meat
              • Aug 2009

I hate to agree with the eagles fan, but I also believe this is more national news more due to his "history" and not the fact that he is a Cowboy. For a comparison, if in two years Cam Newton, who also had sketchy NCAA history (the 100k bribe), is kicked out of the mall because of his friends and makes a scene on a way out, I guarantee it would make national news.

Comment

• shag773
                • Jul 2009

Considering the fact that this capture was from Wednesday? Yeah. That's not Yahoo Sports either, in case your selective eyes chose to skip that, too.
                sraczk2011 didn't mention anything about yahoo sports, I did. In case your selective eyes chose to skip that.

So I'll ask the question again: can you show me any instance where that kind of attention was paid to as useless a story as an athlete having to deal with the stern consequences of associating with guys who wear their pants too low? I can't think of a single one, buut hey, maybe I just missed it..
                Having to deal with stern consequences? He was kicked out of a fucking mall. LOL

The fact of the matter is, the story wasn't circulated because he's a Dallas Cowboy, it was circulated because of his prior history and the questions about his character leading up to the draft.

But you want a useless story that made headlines from a player that doesn't play for the Cowboys?

Randy Moss. I guess he didn't make national headlines for not liking a caterer's food service. And THAT actually made headlines and was covered heavily by ESPN, not just a mention on their bottom line. Last time I checked, he wasn't a Dallas Cowboy. Buut hey, maybe I just missed it..

And by the way, you keep saying it was his buddies that were the problem. According to the police report that is referenced in the story the OP put up, it was him and his buddies. Of course his track record shows he's never had a problem with the truth, so I'm sure he had nothing to do with it.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Raman is down playing this a bit.

Bryant clearly needs new advisors. Somebody to tell him to act like an adult in public, especially since you are a celebrity and a taget, and pull up your fucking pants. This isn't 1992, who is busting a sag these days anyway?

He's been in trouble in this mall before. He refused to leave when told. He needs to grow up.

No, its not a "major story", but it wasn't treated as such either. It got passing mentions. I think the story got the perfect amount of attention. Its not a "non story" either, especially since the kid is a goofball to begin with. He does have a bunch of red flags. Smoke = fire, and there is quite a bit of smoke around this kid. He is immature.

Comment

• Rayman
                    Spic 'n Spanish
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by STRA HAN
                    I hate to agree with the eagles fan, but I also believe this is more national news more due to his "history" and not the fact that he is a Cowboy. For a comparison, if in two years Cam Newton, who also had sketchy NCAA history (the 100k bribe), is kicked out of the mall because of his friends and makes a scene on a way out, I guarantee it would make national news.
                    Purely hypothetical, because it hasn't happened. Also, Cam Newton actually earned his scrutiny through numerous transgressions, not even counting the fact that he and his father pimped his talents to the highest bidder.

All Bryant ever did was eat dinner at Deion's and then lie about it.

He also wasn't a Heisman trophy winner and National Champion. :ionno:

Originally posted by shag773
                    sraczk2011 didn't mention anything about yahoo sports, I did. In case your selective eyes chose to skip that.
                    I'm aware. I just beat him to the punch.

Having to deal with stern consequences? He was kicked out of a fucking mall. LOL
                    It's called sarcasm, bud. You think I'd be defending so vehemently if I thought this was actually that big a deal? All that happened is he was told to leave an establishment.

Supposedly he went back the next day to buy some LeBrons.
                    The fact of the matter is, the story wasn't circulated because he's a Dallas Cowboy, it was circulated because of his prior history and the questions about his character leading up to the draft.
                    Stuff that really wasn't there. Again, his big crime? Eating dinner with Deion Sanders. Whoop de damn doo. The story doesn't make espn if he's playing for Houston or Tennessee.

But you want a useless story that made headlines from a player that doesn't play for the Cowboys?

Randy Moss. I guess he didn't make national headlines for not liking a caterer's food service. And THAT actually made headlines and was covered heavily by ESPN, not just a mention on their bottom line. Last time I checked, he wasn't a Dallas Cowboy. Buut hey, maybe I just missed it..
                    Great example! These guys are exactly alike! They've both been kicked out of class institutions like FSU...no, that's not right.

Hey, they've both got a history of drug use...no? Not that either?

Well, they've both been seen on video running down meter maids...no, that's not right either...

That also happened in that clown's first week with a new team after bitching his way out of a great situation in NE. I could go on, but the point is only one of these guys has proven he deserves that kind of scrutiny.

And by the way, you keep saying it was his buddies that were the problem. According to the police report that is referenced in the story the OP put up, it was him and his buddies. Of course his track record shows he's never had a problem with the truth, so I'm sure he had nothing to do with it.
                    The story is he cursed at a mall cop. I think I acknowledged that already. What im mocking is the fact that people are basically saying he was wearing pants around his ankles and acting a fool which prompted the attention. He acted defensively, in the all too prevalent "Fuck the police" mentality, which he should know not to do. Even then, he didn't break any law. If he had, he'd have spent a night in one of those fancy holding cells they've got in North Park.

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                    Raman is down playing this a bit.

Bryant clearly needs new advisors. Somebody to tell him to act like an adult in public, especially since you are a celebrity and a taget, and pull up your fucking pants. This isn't 1992, who is busting a sag these days anyway?

He's been in trouble in this mall before. He refused to leave when told. He needs to grow up.

No, its not a "major story", but it wasn't treated as such either. It got passing mentions. I think the story got the perfect amount of attention. Its not a "non story" either, especially since the kid is a goofball to begin with. He does have a bunch of red flags. Smoke = fire, and there is quite a bit of smoke around this kid. He is immature.
                    I actually agree with most of that. The kid is most definitely immature. But I guess I missed the point where being immature meant you were a troublemaker, a cancer, a thug, etc.

Like here on VSN, for example. Back in the day, Houston was what you would call immature. Wildcard, however, was a proven pistol-whipping thug.

There is a difference. Can we stop acting like there's not?

Comment

• bucky
                      #50? WTF?
                      • Feb 2009

I actually agree with most of that. The kid is most definitely immature. But I guess I missed the point where being immature meant you were a troublemaker, a cancer, a thug, etc.
                      Ray....man, we're saying there are serious red flags to be concerned about. Really, my view is pretty much w2b's. He's immature. Nothing critical yet, but there are serious red flags. I don't want to have to deal with/worry about those red flags. I'm just glad to have a Jennings/Driver that I don't have to worry about it. I still say I wouldn't trade Jennings for Bryant.

Comment

• Rayman
                        Spic 'n Spanish
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by bucky
                        Ray....man, we're saying there are serious red flags to be concerned about. Really, my view is pretty much w2b's. He's immature. Nothing critical yet, but there are serious red flags. I don't want to have to deal with/worry about those red flags. I'm just glad to have a Jennings/Driver that I don't have to worry about it. I still say I wouldn't trade Jennings for Bryant.
                        If immaturity is a red flag, at least 75% of the National Football League is in deep shit.

Comment

• bucky
                          #50? WTF?
                          • Feb 2009

If immaturity is a red flag, at least 75% of the National Football League is in deep shit.
                          But his immaturity is bordering on getting into trouble. It was the talking back to the mall cops that was my biggest red flag. Normal NFL immaturity is getting caught with hookers, cheating on your girlfriend, spending your money at strip clubs at 4:00 am instead of investing so that your not broke when you retire. Talking back to authority figures is bordering on RED FLAG. Just glad to have Jennings and not have to deal with this stuff.

Comment

• Rayman
                            Spic 'n Spanish
                            • Feb 2009

So what you're saying is you're glad to have Jennings?

Comment

• shag773
                              • Jul 2009

Supposedly he went back the next day to buy some LeBrons.
                              Stuff that really wasn't there. Again, his big crime? Eating dinner with Deion Sanders. Whoop de damn doo. The story doesn't make espn if he's playing for Houston or Tennessee.
                              He was a story before he ever got to the Cowboys. Who drafted him is insignificant. You put a high profile draft pick with a history (I'm not saying he's Lawrence Phillips, but he was regarded as a top 10 pick that dropped 15 spots because he was thrown out of school) anywhere in the NFL and he will be scrutinized for his behavior.

The story is he cursed at a mall cop. I think I acknowledged that already. What im mocking is the fact that people are basically saying he was wearing pants around his ankles and acting a fool which prompted the attention. He acted defensively, in the all too prevalent "Fuck the police" mentality, which he should know not to do. Even then, he didn't break any law. If he had, he'd have spent a night in one of those fancy holding cells they've got in North Park.
                              My issue is your contention that he gets more negative attention for being a Dallas Cowboy. My opinion, which is shared by most of the people here as far as I have read, is that he gets this attention for getting kicked out of school.

I'll agree that this transgression is minor. But you overblew the attention it actually got.

The kid is most definitely immature. But I guess I missed the point where being immature meant you were a troublemaker, a cancer, a thug, etc.

Like here on VSN, for example. Back in the day, Houston was what you would call immature. Wildcard, however, was a proven pistol-whipping thug.

There is a difference. Can we stop acting like there's not?
                              I don't think anyone is calling the kid a thug.

Poor Dez Bryant. Is that what you want to hear? Fine. Now tell him to pull his fucking pants up and make news for catching touchdowns, not for being thrown out of malls for Christ sake....

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

His "crime" wasn't having dinner with Sanders, his crime was lying about it to the NCAA. He wouldn't have lost his entire season if he had been honest. Again, bad judgement/maturity isssues. He's not a criminal, he's just a dumb kid. You just have to hope lying and getting tossed out of Foot Locker is as far as it goes.

Comment

Working...