Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • manchild24
    Kyle got fired
    • Nov 2008

Jason LaCanfora and Kara Henderson of NFL Network both report the Redskins are still interested in trading up to the No. 2 spot to land a top quarterback.
    The Houston Chronicle's John McClain first reported two weeks ago that the Redskins were "trying like crazy" to deal up. LaCanfora suspects the Redskins could land Mizzou QB Blaine Gabbert by staying put, but has spoken with several GMs who believe they will move up to ensure that they get their man. GM Bruce Allen would have to surrender the majority of his picks to move up eight spots.

Just a stupid fucking move, start stock piling picks and players...

Comment

• Goober
      Needs a hobby
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by manchild24
      Jason LaCanfora and Kara Henderson of NFL Network both report the Redskins are still interested in trading up to the No. 2 spot to land a top quarterback.
      The Houston Chronicle's John McClain first reported two weeks ago that the Redskins were "trying like crazy" to deal up. LaCanfora suspects the Redskins could land Mizzou QB Blaine Gabbert by staying put, but has spoken with several GMs who believe they will move up to ensure that they get their man. GM Bruce Allen would have to surrender the majority of his picks to move up eight spots.

Just a stupid fucking move, start stock piling picks and players...
      The redskins would have to give up a Ricky Williams type package to move up, which would be awesome for the Broncos, because they could use the picks.

Shanahan could be throwing smokescreens out to help his old team, if teams think Washington is going to be moving up to the 2nd pick to get a QB, they'll be forced to jump into the trade conversation to get the player they want.

I think Denver could be targeting Fairley, but he'll be gone at 10, I don't think he gets past Tennessee.

Comment

• manchild24
        Kyle got fired
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Goblinslayer
        The redskins would have to give up a Ricky Williams type package to move up, which would be awesome for the Broncos, because they could use the picks.

Shanahan could be throwing smokescreens out to help his old team, if teams think Washington is going to be moving up to the 2nd pick to get a QB, they'll be forced to jump into the trade conversation to get the player they want.

I think Denver could be targeting Fairley, but he'll be gone at 10, I don't think he gets past Tennessee.
        and we only have like 4 picks. I think Gabbert is the best QB in the draft. I also think Locker may fall to the second round so we can take him there. BUT ........

this is the Redskins wer are talking about so Im sure we'll fuck it up and everyone will say.....

Comment

• Goober
          Needs a hobby
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by manchild24
          and we only have like 4 picks. I think Gabbert is the best QB in the draft. I also think Locker may fall to the second round so we can take him there. BUT ........

this is the Redskins wer are talking about so Im sure we'll fuck it up and everyone will say.....
          I'm cool with taking all of your 2012 picks too!

Comment

• Virix
            I see you
            • Nov 2008

Browns making that deal would make me jizz....

Comment

• manchild24
              Kyle got fired
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Goblinslayer
              I'm cool with taking all of your 2012 picks too!
              Im sure you and ever other Bronco fan aer. Lets just see how we fuck it up. I remember when they said they were going to trade up to get the Sanchize. I think there is that talk every year since the Skins missed out on Rodgers by a pick or two

Comment

• Woy
                RIP West
                • Dec 2008

1. Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
                2. Denver Broncos - Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
                3. Buffalo Bills - Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M
                4. Cincinnati Bengals - A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
                5. Arizona Cardinals - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
                6. Cleveland Browns - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
                7. San Francisco 49ers - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
                8. Tennessee Titans - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
                9. Dallas Cowboys - Tyron Smith, OT, USC
                10. Washington Redskins - Jake Locker, QB, Washington
                11. Houston Texans - Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina
                12. Minnesota Vikings - Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri
                13. Detroit Lions - Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
                14. St. Louis Rams - Corey Liugent, DT, Illinois
                15. Miami Dolphins - Mike Pouncey, G, Florida
                16. Jacksonville Jaguars - Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
                17. New England Patriots - J.J. Watt, DE, Wisconsin
                18. San Diego Chargers - Cameron Jordan, DE, California
                19. New York Giants - Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
                20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
                21. Kansas City Chiefs - Akeem Ayers, LB, UCLA
                22. Indianapolis Colts - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
                23. Philadelphia Eagles - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
                24. New Orleans Saints - Muhammad Wilkerson, DT, Temple
                25. Seattle Seahawks - Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
                26. Baltimore Ravens - Brooks Reed, DE, Arizona
                27. Atlanta Falcons - Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
                28. New England Patriots - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
                29. Chicago Bears - Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
                30. New York Jets - Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor
                31. Pittsburgh Steelers - Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
                32. Green Bay Packers - Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

I've heard or read the following teams have tried/are trying to move up...

Atlanta (for one of the two receivers)
                  New England
                  Pittsburgh (for Pouncey)
                  Dallas (for PP7)
                  Houston (for PP7)
                  Washington (for Gabbert)
                  St. Louis (don't want to deal next year's first, but would move up a few spots to get Green or Jones)
                  Oakland (trying to get into the 1st round)
                  Cincinnati (may be trying to get into the bottom of the 1st round for a QB)

Comment

• manchild24
                    Kyle got fired
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                    I've heard or read the following teams have tried/are trying to move up...

Atlanta (for one of the two receivers)
                    New England
                    Pittsburgh (for Pouncey)
                    Dallas (for PP7)
                    Houston (for PP7)
                    Washington (for Gabbert)
                    St. Louis (don't want to deal next year's first, but would move up a few spots to get Green or Jones)
                    Oakland (trying to get into the 1st round)
                    Cincinnati (may be trying to get into the bottom of the 1st round for a QB)
                    Can you see Green or Jones opposite White? Matt Ryans fantasy stock just went up and so did my dick.

I think it would be cool to see the Pouncey boys together

Rams/Redskins swap of first rounders makes sense if Jones is there at 10. Skins O is going to blow anyway with Sexy Rexy under center. Trade down 4 spots pick up a pick in the third. There are a ton of guys at 14 to help and then take Locker or Ingram in the second round.

Comment

• Champ
                      Needs a hobby
                      • Oct 2008

More Liuget to the Rams news

When we see one reporter tie a certain player to a team they cover closely, we call it a rumor.

Comment

• Sharkweather
                        • Jul 2009

As much as I would love to see AJ in a Falcons uniform, it would take way to much to move up into the top 5.

Comment

• ryne candy
                          Aggie C/O '01
                          • Feb 2009

John McClain's Blog on chron.com today:

Now, as far as the Texans and what could happen in the draft, they're definitely interested in trading up. They've talked to the Broncos, who have the second pick. The only way the Texans would be guaranteed of getting outside linebacker Von Miller or cornerback Patrick Peterson would be to trade with the Broncos, but Denver's price might be too high.

If Peterson starts to drop and is available at Cincinnati at four or Arizona at five, it wouldn't be as costly as moving into the second spot. But a lot of teams would be interested in Peterson at that point.

What price is too high for one of the four-best prospects, both of whom would fill needs? Denver might ask for the Texans' 1, 2 and 3 or a 1 this year and next year with something else this year? I'd give my first and second but no more. That's two starters.

If the Texans stay at 11, I think they'll take outside linebacker Aldon Smith. He's been my pick for four of my five mock drafts and will be in my last one. He's loaded with talent and has tremendous upside, especially as a rusher. He's only played two seasons - the same as outside linebacker Robert Quinn - and as a rookie, he could rush and play the run. Wade Phillips wouldn't have him dropping into coverage.

Comment

• Colonel Angus
                            No longer a noob
                            • Jan 2010

If Carimi falls into the 20's I'd love to see Green Bay go up and get him. It is well documented that when Clifton goes down the o line falls apart.

Comment

• manchild24
                              Kyle got fired
                              • Nov 2008

After speaking to multiple league sources, NFL.com's Jason La Canfora is "convinced" that both the Bengals and Cardinals will avoid drafting quarterbacks in the top five.
                              "The more general managers and agents I speak to, the more convinced I get of this," writes La Canfora. La Canfora predicts the top five to go like this: 1) Cam Newton 2) Marcell Dareus 3) Von Miller 4) A.J. Green 5) Patrick Peterson. La Canfora also expects the Browns to draft Julio Jones, leaving quarterbacks Blaine Gabbert and Jake Locker for the 49ers at No. 7.

Comment

• manchild24
                                Kyle got fired
                                • Nov 2008

Again, this is what I have to say about all these talks

Comment

Working...