X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • manchild24
    Kyle got fired
    • Nov 2008

Owners get stay of injunction, NFL Lockout back on

The federal judge who lifted the NFL lockout has denied the league's request to put her ruling on hold.

MINNEAPOLIS -- The NFL is falling behind in its court fight with the players over the future of the $9 billion business.

The federal judge who lifted the NFL lockout two days ago dealt another blow to the league late Wednesday, denying its request to put her ruling on hold pending appeals and guaranteeing more limbo for the 32 teams, thousands of players and millions of fans.

U.S. District Judge Susan Richard Nelson wrote that the NFL "has not met its burden for a stay pending appeal, expedited or otherwise." She dismissed the NFL's argument that she didn't have jurisdiction and that it is facing irreparable harm because of her decision to end the 45-day lockout.
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

NFL still is appealing...

Free Agency and trades don't seem like they'll be allowed before or during the draft.

Comment

• Goober
      Needs a hobby
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
      NFL still is appealing...

Free Agency and trades don't seem like they'll be allowed before or during the draft.
      fuuuuuuuuck.

It would really help the Broncos if something happened before tomorrow night. Shipping Kyle Orton out for a 2nd round pick would be great.

Comment

• manchild24
        Kyle got fired
        • Nov 2008

From what I heard this morning on Mike and Mike, I think it was Andy Schap (is that it) he said players wont be traded but a lot of dealing to move up and down in the draft will take place.

He said that teams are still waiting for clarity on what they can and cant do tonight.

Comment

• manchild24
          Kyle got fired
          • Nov 2008

The NFL has sent a memo to all teams indicating that players will be allowed into facilities and coaches may begin distributing playbooks as of Friday morning at 8:00 a.m. ET.
          In other words, injured players may begin rehabbing and coaches can begin discussing football matters with all players. Teams may also begin scheduling OTAs/minicamps. The NFL will also hand out guidelines for the 2011 League Year, including when it will start. Free agency and trades remain on hold, though NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora has reported that GMs have begun prepping for the market to open Monday. It's believed that 2010 free agency rules would apply, which would leave four- and five-year veterans such as Sidney Rice and DeAngelo Williams restricted.

Comment

• CCBrink
            Awkward Swag
            • May 2009

:chewbacca:

Comment

• f16harm
              -
              • Feb 2009

NFL and owners might as well make the best deal they can next week and sign it. They have historically lost every major legal proceeding against the players, I believe, and this time it's taking the same path. No sense screwing themselves in the ass any longer. Sign a solid deal, get stuff back up and running, keep the fans happy, put this behind you, and go back to raking in your billions.

Seriously, none of these owners are going to go fucking poor regardless of what level of a deal is signed. Did Jerry Jones have trouble buying Dallas for $140 million and turning it into $1.8 billion over the past 20 years???

Comment

• BigBucs
                Unpretentious
                • May 2009

Get this shit done. The world awaits the Bucs on Hardknocks.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                  4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                  • Jul 2009

Although NFL players were being welcomed back to team facilities this morning because of Judge Susan Nelson’s injunction to end the lockout, that is changing this afternoon.

ESPN is reporting that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit has granted a temporary stay of the injunction and reinstated the lockout, meaning players will now be told to hit the road, and doors to team facilities are being locked this afternoon.

Michael Silver of Yahoo reported this afternoon that NFL players were bracing for a ruling from the Court of Appeals that would give the owners an “administrative” stay, meaning the lockout would be back on at least through the weekend.

Then, as soon as Monday, the Eighth Circuit will hear the players’ argument against a stay. At that point, the lockout could remain on, or the players could be let back in, depending on the Eighth Circuit’s ruling. And either way, it would just be temporary until the appeals court makes a decision on the owners’ appeal of Judge Nelson’s ruling.

So just hours after players were let back into team facilities this morning, they’ll now be told that they’re no longer welcome this afternoon. And we’ll all wait until Monday to see what the appeals court does next.
                  Although NFL players were being welcomed back to team facilities this morning because of Judge Susan Nelson's injunction to end the lockout, that is changing this afternoon.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• ram29jackson
                    Noob
                    • Nov 2008

they should have had a male judge anyway.......

Comment

Working...