Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Colonel Angus
    No longer a noob
    • Jan 2010

Damn, and Matt Flynn is better than Kolb. GB should be able to get a first out of him easy.

Comment

• NAHSTE
      Probably owns the site
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Colonel Angus
      Damn, and Matt Flynn is better than Kolb. GB should be able to get a first out of him easy.
      I agree, but it's not exactly saying much though. Kolb sucks.

Comment

• Aso
        The Serious House
        • Nov 2008

It's funny how the first time the Eagles played the Redskins some people were saying the reason the Eagles and Kolb were throwing nothing but passes five yards and shorter was to keep the ball away from DeAngelo Hall and Laron Landry. Kolb led the Eagles to 12 points against one of the worst defenses in the league. 6 of those points came off a two minute drill when the Redskins were backed up.

Then the next game Michael Vick tore that up throwing right in the area of Landry and Hall. Kolb's only really good game against the Falcons I credit Andy Reid and the offensive staff for their amazing gameplan. Kolb is trash.

Comment

• SHOGUN
          4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
          • Jul 2009

http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=292&sid=474512
          ESPN NFL reporter Adam Schefter thinks the Cardinals -- and to a lesser extent the Seahawks -- are the favorites to land Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb in a trade once the NFL's lockout ends.

Schefter said on NFL Live on Tuesday that both teams discussed a trade after last season, as did the Bengals and 49ers, who filled their quarterback vacancies in the draft. The Seahawks and Cardinals, of course, passed on drafting quarterbacks.

Here's what Schefter said on NFL Live on Tuesday:

"I think that when the lockout is lifted, there's no doubt that the Philadelphia Eagles are going to trade Kevin Kolb. I think at this point in time, it's fairly certain that he's going to wind up in the NFC West. Right now, all signs point to Kevin Kolb somehow finding his way to Arizona, which would make Larry Fitzgerald very happy, which would make the Cardinals an instant contender in the NFC West, and it would make them the team that they were a couple of years ago when Kurt Warner was playing quarterback, rather than last year when they had the quarterback carousel.

"Kevin Kolb is going to get dealt from Philadelphia, most likely going to be to the NFC West, and right now all signs point to Arizona."
          Considering the team and division, I wouldn't be furious about losing a 2012 1st for Kolb. He can't be worse than Matt Schaub.

/rationalizing

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• manchild24
            Kyle got fired
            • Nov 2008

Im sure this is all speculation to get a team to pay more. BUT I honestly dont feel its ridiculous to give up a first rounder for him.

Say it is Arizona, they'll have a top ten pick next year, draft some unproven guy, pay him 80 million dollars and find out he's a bust.

Kolb you get a "veteran" somewhat but a good QB who can come in and start right away and produce for you in. Dont get me wrong, the skins are giving up their first, we will have Beck QB go 2-15 and draft Luck with the first pick.

Comment

• Hasselbeck
              Jus' bout dat action boss
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by NAHSTE
              I agree, but it's not exactly saying much though. Kolb sucks.
              Kolb has as many playoff wins as Matt Ryan.

Just saying.
              Originally posted by ram29jackson
              I already said months ago that Seattle wasn't winning any SB

Comment

• red33
                • Feb 2009

what is so bad about giving up a 1st roudner for a proven starter? The draft being such a gamble as it is and with the win now type attitude the L has, is this such a bad trade?

Is this more about kolb not being a quality QB then the fact a 1st round pick is being offered?

Comment

• manchild24
                  Kyle got fired
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by red33
                  what is so bad about giving up a 1st roudner for a proven starter? The draft being such a gamble as it is and with the win now type attitude the L has, is this such a bad trade?

Is this more about kolb not being a quality QB then the fact a 1st round pick is being offered?
                  agree 110% with you.

Id much rather trade for a proven player then draft a huge question mark.

There was talk the Skins were going to move their second rounder for Ocho a few years ago, wish they would have, we draft Kelly and Thomas. How's that work out for us? One doesnt play and the other is with theGiants.

Comment

• Rayman
                    Spic 'n Spanish
                    • Feb 2009

I call bullshit. Reeks of a story planted by the Eagles to jack the price up.

All I have to say is :proveit:

Comment

• SHOGUN
                      4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by red33

From most Cardinals fans I've spoken to, it's more about Kolb than it is about the draft pick.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• GoRedRocket
                        Noob
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by SHOGUN
                        From most Cardinals fans I've spoken to, it's more about Kolb than it is about the draft pick.
                        Exactly. I would be happy if we got this guy, even if it means giving up a first rounder. He isnt gonna light up the scoreboard or skyrocket jersey sales for the team, but as it was mentioned before, it will be a major improvement for this team in a very winnable division.

Comment

Working...