X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aso
    The Serious House
    • Nov 2008

Colin Kaepernick to work with Andrew Luck

49ers second-round QB Colin Kaepernick plans to work with Stanford star Andrew Luck to learn Jim Harbaugh's offense during the lockout.
    It's a great plan, and it speaks to the initiative and drive of both young QBs. Kaepernick is moving to Santa Clara, near 49ers headquarters as well as the Stanford campus. "I'm going to try and pick [Luck's] brain as much as I can," said Kaepernick, "and try to get a jump-start into this offense." Kaepernick wasn't given a 49ers playbook, but there's no stopping him from making a trip to Kinkos to copy it from a veteran teammate. The head-start will help Kaepernick later this summer, but Alex Smith is still the heavy favorite to open the season as the starter.

- Rotoworld

Look at him, already getting to work. Alex Smith has no chance week 1.
  • KnightNoles
    Kdub #9
    • Jul 2009

I like this, hopefully he turns out well in 2-4 years. There is just something I don't like about him and then there is a lot I like...

Comment

• Woy
      RIP West
      • Dec 2008

Kaepernick isn't starting week one, especially if this lockout drags on into camp.

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Tailback U
        No substitute 4 strength.
        • Nov 2008

Why haven't they given him a playbook yet?

And why have they given Alex Smith a playbook, since I'm pretty sure he hasn't even resigned yet?

Doesn't make sense to me. Kap sounds like a good guy, though, no ego whatsoever as he looks eager to learn from Luck. Good sign.

Comment

• KnightNoles
          Kdub #9
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Tailback U
          Why haven't they given him a playbook yet?
          Lockout

EDIT: Damn, got to it before I could

Comment

• Senser81
            VSN Poster of the Year
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MattUM2
            Lockout, no coach to player contact. Only reason Cam Newton got his playbook cause he was drafted and was at the headquarters before they resumed the lockout
            Is Cam done coloring his in yet?

Comment

• NAHSTE
              Probably owns the site
              • Feb 2009

Maybe I just watched him every time he had a bad game, but Kaepernick was painfully shitty in every single Nevada game I watched.

He was basically a penniless bum's version of Alex Smith in college but in an even more run-heavy offense... which if you're a 49ers fan should have you thrilled.

Comment

• dropshot001
                • Sep 2024

kapernick has a lot of work to do to become a good qb imo. he excelled against mediocre defenses, but probably won't be able to do the same thing in the nfl

Comment

Working...