X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NAHSTE
    Probably owns the site
    • Feb 2009

Brett Favre open to working with Cam Newton

Great, so we can add pain pills and poon hounding to the list of Cam's red flags. Congrats Panthers fans!
  • s@ppisgod
    No longer a noob
    • Apr 2011

ESPN has just reported Brett Favre has retired from mentoring Cam Newton. Ed Werder was just woke up and flown down to Mississippi in his PJs. He'll have less on this non-story on Sportscenter tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day.....
    SAMSUNG-SGH-A887/A887UCIJ1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
      Laughs Unlimited
      • Nov 2008

Why has Bret Favre been so hot to help Cam Newton out? Because they share the same agent, Bus Cook?

I keep remembering how unwilling Favre was to teach or help Aaron Rodgers out when he came up. I understand he didn't want to help the new guy [Rodgers] take over his job as the starter, being that seemed to be Favres only care in life, but it just came across like Fave has no interest to be a mentor.

Granted I'm sure Rodgers sat back and took great notes and learned a lot from Favre anyhow, even though I'm sure if you ask any expert they will tell you half the shit Favre did was unconventional and you don't want a young QB to learn/play like him.

So this leads me to my next question, why would you want an unconventional QB like Favre to teach impractical tendencies to an unrefined non-pro player? Although I'm sure Favre has a wealth of knowledge to hand down, and Cam could be a so called "gun slinger" like Favre I guess. I still just don't know how much a cocky kid, whom I assume thinks he already knows it all, is going to learn from Favre.

It very well could serve to be a match made in heaven for Cam Newton. But why Cam? Why now Favre? What is your agent getting out of it? What do you owe your Agent, if in fact Cook has convinced you to coach up Cam? What is Bus Cook giving/getting out of it? Not that I think there is anything wrong with Favre say getting paid or helping Cam out because he thinks cam is cute, but I want to know how motivated Favre is in helping this kid out. If it will be summer gig, or if he's going to mentor Cam for a few years?

My gut feeling is it won't matter if Favre helps Cam out. Favre won't get through to Cam. Cam will get out there and just do what Cam does anyhow. Favre will just tell show Cam unconventional crap. The Carolina coaches won't have insight nor input on what Cam experiences and learns from Favre so it could be a wasted summer workout anyhow. Whatever Favres motives, I don't think he'll will be completely 100% into his roll as a QB coach/mentor/lover.
      sigpic

Comment

• KillaK
        Dreams!
        • Jun 2009

I've read online that Newton is working with Ken Dorsey and Chris Weinke. They might not be the best QBs but at least it shows Newton is working on his game. I wasn't a fan of the pick but hopefully things like this will help him turn into a good NFL QB.

Comment

• Scikotic
          Straight out the Asylum
          • Apr 2011

God Bless his heart. Although I get the feeling Cam can learn how to throw INTs all on his own.

Comment

Working...