X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aso
    The Serious House
    • Nov 2008

QB's Under Pressure

The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring data-driven rankings and stats for NFL, fantasy football, and the NFL Draft.

Stats you can't get anywhere else.

Discuss
  • Aso
    The Serious House
    • Nov 2008

Josh Freeman looks pretty good when under pressure... :drive:

Comment

• Blick
      The Judge
      • Mar 2009

I love that site. Always interesting stuff.

Comment

• Bear Pand
        RIP Indy Colts
        • Feb 2009

Weird how Manning is towards the bottom of the list in terms of pressured % when he had the 2nd most dropbacks. Considering not only did Indy have a one dimensional offense they also had a bad offensive line.

Must be teams scared to blitz him or just him getting rid of the ball extremely fast.

Comment

• Scikotic
          Straight out the Asylum
          • Apr 2011

This thread is going to turn into one big hard-on for Josh Freeman, just like the "Top 100 NFL players" thread...

Comment

• Bear Pand
            RIP Indy Colts
            • Feb 2009

It's actually more interesting to point out how bad Sanchez is, but a discussion on Sanchez will eventually turn into one about Freeman.

Comment

• j.hen
              Self Care
              • Oct 2008

Matty Ice livin' up to the name with a 10:1 touchdown:interception ratio when under pressure.

Comment

• BigBucs
                Unpretentious
                • May 2009

Interesting. :smugrussell: Pokes wholes in a few idiots arguments but I wont be the one to do it.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                  Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Originally posted by RodgersThat
                  Yay! More Freeman, please!!!!!!
                  Oh Jesus Christ. Don't feed the troll.

Comment

• Scikotic
                    Straight out the Asylum
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Based Pand
                    It's actually more interesting to point out how bad Sanchez is, but a discussion on Sanchez will eventually turn into one about Freeman.
                    Clearly you haven't watched the Jets in the playoffs the past 2 seasons, nor notice that he has played very well against great teams in the process of claiming 4 road playoff wins in just his first two seasons.

He hasn't played great in his first two seasons by any means, but to say he is bad is blind homer ignorance at it's finest.

Comment

• FirstTimer
                      Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Sorry

I'll be good...
                      And don't you forget it!

Comment

• FirstTimer
                        Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

Not this chick. I'd take Sanchez...he's proven more clutch in 2 seasons than McNabb has in what 11, 12 years?
                        I think that's a rather dubious conclusion to reach about a guy that was a top 5-7 QB for many years in an incredibly tough city and went to 4 straight NFC Championship games and a SB.

Yeah, McNabb is obviously pretty much done now..but Sanchez hasn't even begun to approach McNabb's average career let alone peak as a player.

Comment

• Blick
                          The Judge
                          • Mar 2009

More confirmation that Cassel isn't good.

Comment

• Bear Pand
                            RIP Indy Colts
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Scikotic
                            Clearly you haven't watched the Jets in the playoffs the past 2 seasons, nor notice that he has played very well against great teams in the progress of claiming 4 road playoff wins in just his first two seasons.

He hasn't played great in his first two seasons by any means, but to say he is bad is blind homer ignorance at it's finest.
                            When I called him bad I was specifically referencing him being at the bottom of the PFF grades chart in the article.

article says it best though

Mark Sanchez may have plenty of playoff wins, but it should concern Jets fans that the reason he needs to win them on the road largely boils down to his play [in the reg season] (the rest of the team is as talented as any in the NFL).

Comment

• FirstTimer
                              Freeman Error

• Feb 2009

True. I don't want to take anything away from McNabb. He's a solid QB. I just think that Sanchez (as long as he stays on this course, and is surrounded by solid talent) has the opportunity to be pretty amazing. But if we're talking young QB's, with 3 years or less NFL, I have to go with Matt Ryan as my fave.
                              I guess it will boil down to semantics but I don't see Sanchez ever becoming an "amazing" QB. He will be a guy that on most lists floats around the 10-12 range at his peak. I'm not ready to start dissing McNabb to a certain extent at the propping up of Sanchez after Sanchez has had one sub par season and one average one. McNabb made 5 straight Pro Bowls and was arguably a Top 5 QB for stretches of his career. I don't see Sanchez ever achieving that. As it stands now Sanchez has the feel of a guy who will accomplish what he will as a pro mainly, but not solely, because of his team...where as IMO for much of his career McNabb more often than not was the main catalyst for the Eagles success.

And you had me at 'dubious'...
                              Don't tell your husband.

Comment

Working...