X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scikotic
    Straight out the Asylum
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Based Pand
    When I called him bad I was specifically referencing him being at the bottom of the PFF grades chart in the article.

article says it best though
    Because 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives are what make defenses great, right?

Or maybe that falls more on the quarterback.

Comment

• 1ke
      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
      • Mar 2009

So Jay really ISNT that bad? Hmmmm

Comment

• Bear Pand
        RIP Indy Colts
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Scikotic
        Because 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives are what make defenses great, right?

Or maybe that falls more on the quarterback.
        Why is your boy at the bottom of the chart? Statistically he's one of the worst in the league when under pressure.

He's lucky he has one of the best defenses in the league opposite of him, a consistent rushing attack and a solid offensive line.

You can try to angle, spin and do whatever...he's not there yet. Be happy he's young and still has time.

and lol at calling me a homer, through 3 games against the team I root for Sanchez is 47-80 552 3 sacks 2 td 2 int. Like I have reason to go out of my way and hate on him.

Comment

• Primetime
          Thank You Prince
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by RodgersThat
          ^'Amazing' is stretching it...my bad...I mean, let's face it, he'll certainly never be at the top as long as Rodgers is in the game
          --
          He'll just be glad I found somewhere else to talk about football so he doesn't have to hear me warble on about it.
          Sounds like your husband needs a fresh pair of testicles.

Comment

• Scikotic
            Straight out the Asylum
            • Apr 2011

Why is your boy at the bottom of the chart? Statistically he's one of the worst in the league when under pressure.

He's lucky he has one of the best defenses in the league opposite of him, a consistent rushing attack and a solid offensive line.

You can try to angle, spin and do whatever...he's not there yet. Be happy he's young and still has time.

and lol at calling me a homer, through 3 games against the team I root for Sanchez is 47-80 552 3 sacks 2 td 2 int. Like I have reason to go out of my way and hate on him.
            Spin what? I never said the guy was awesome by any stretch. On the contrast, you said he was bad but all your basing this on is Sanchez's completion % when under pressure. That's precisely what skews their overall pressure ratings, as he scored positively in the other categories. If you're going to put all your chips on that one statistic, that's your prerogative.

Yes, under pressure he had a bit of a tough year for a completion % standpoint, but it's not as clear cut as you think. He had a good year avoiding the pressure when it did get to him, and he makes good decisions taking care of the ball for the most part, evident by his + TD/INT ratio when under pressure. Sure his completion % is extremely low, but if you watch any Jets games, you know that's because when he's pressured he tends to throw the ball away or take a shot deep for the one-on-one matchup, which is a low percentage throw.

You can say the Jets defense makes Sanchez look good, but as a young QB who has been to the playoffs twice, won 4 road games, and has made it to the AFCCG two years in a row in his young career, I'm content with where he is at in his maturation. I'd say a lifetime playoff statline of 9 TDs vs. 3 INTs is pretty damn good. How he plays under playoff pressure is my main interest, and so far he's passing with flying colors in that regard.

Freeman is still better at this point in his career. For all you Bucs fans....

Comment

• Woy
              RIP West
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by BigBucs
              Interesting. :smugrussell: Pokes wholes in a few idiots arguments but I wont be the one to do it.
              holes*
              NetFront/3.5.1(BREW 3.1.5; U; en-us; SAMSUNG; NetFront/3.1.5/AMB) Sprint M550 MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1

^ Shouts to MvP for the sick sig. GFX TEAM BACK

Comment

• Bear Pand
                RIP Indy Colts
                • Feb 2009

Spin what? I never said the guy was awesome by any stretch. On the contrast, you said he was bad but all your basing this on is Sanchez's completion % when under pressure. That's precisely what skews their overall pressure ratings, as he scored positively in the other categories. If you're going to put all your chips on that one statistic, that's your prerogative.
                For fucks sakes, this thread is about QBs under pressure. Sanchez is bad under pressure. Damn.

Yes, under pressure he had a bit of a tough year for a completion % standpoint...
                Thank you finally.

...but it's not as clear cut as you think. He had a good year avoiding the pressure when it did get to him, and he makes good decisions taking care of the ball for the most part, evident by his + TD/INT ratio when under pressure. Sure his completion % is extremely low, but if you watch any Jets games, you know that's because when he's pressured he tends to throw the ball away or take a shot deep for the one-on-one matchup, which is a low percentage throw.
                Ugggh. You could make these type of excuses for any QB on the list. End of the day Sanchez was one of the worst. 32nd of 34 QBs they evaluated. He must be the only one throwing balls away.

How he plays under playoff pressure is my main interest, and so far he's passing with flying colors in that regard.
                Then why are you in here making excuses for how he plays under pressure. I don't give a damn how he plays in the playoffs, has 0 to do with this thread. Keep bringing up things like playoff wins (a team accomplishment, not an individual one) though.

Comment

• Leftwich
                  Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Garrard is middle of the pack, just as I suspected. Luckily we have Sunshine to give him the boot. Then we'll have Gabbert at the middle of the pack, it's a never ending revolving door of mediocrity in Jacksonville.

Originally posted by Tailback U
                  It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• Aso
                    The Serious House
                    • Nov 2008

It's inevitable this will come down to Freeman vs. Sanchez, so why fight it?

"Special credit as well to Josh Freeman. He managed to finish with the third best TD:INT ratio as well as the fifth lowest percentage of interceptions and fourth highest percentage of touchdowns when throwing under pressure."

Comment

• BigBucs
                      Unpretentious
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by Woy
                      holes*
                      NetFront/3.5.1(BREW 3.1.5; U; en-us; SAMSUNG; NetFront/3.1.5/AMB) Sprint M550 MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1
                      Noted.

Comment

• Scikotic
                        Straight out the Asylum
                        • Apr 2011

I don't give a damn how he plays in the playoffs, has 0 to do with this thread. Keep bringing up things like playoff wins (a team accomplishment, not an individual one) though.
                        When you said he was bad, did you mean overall as a QB, or just under pressure? I took it as he was a poor QB altogether (which I laugh at), but I can definitely agree with you on the latter.

I was refuting the former, which may be where our disconnect is.

Comment

• Scikotic
                          Straight out the Asylum
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
                          It's inevitable this will come down to Freeman vs. Sanchez, so why fight it?

"Special credit as well to Josh Freeman. He managed to finish with the third best TD:INT ratio as well as the fifth lowest percentage of interceptions and fourth highest percentage of touchdowns when throwing under pressure."
                          There is no argument right now. Anyone with half a brain knows that Freeman has done much more with less than Sanchez. It should be interested to see how he develops over the next couple years...

Comment

• Herm
                            Boomshakalaka
                            • Oct 2008

Kerry Collins was very middle of the pack, i honestly wonder what VY's numbers wouldve been had he played. He may have given Sanchez a run for his money.

I dont understand SOME jets fans incessant need to defend Mark Sanchez. he's not that good of an NFL Qb at this point in his career. Kerry Collins and Vince Young have sucked over the past few years, i dont expect much out of Locker if he plays his rookie year. See its not hard to admit when your qb isnt tearing it up.

Comment

• G-men
                              Posts too much
                              • Nov 2011

Mark Sanchez is the 32nd ranked quarterback when under pressure, big shocker there. it must be tough when the time comes that he actually has to make the plays on his own.

Comment

• Scikotic
                                Straight out the Asylum
                                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Herm
                                Kerry Collins was very middle of the pack, i honestly wonder what VY's numbers wouldve been had he played. He may have given Sanchez a run for his money.

I dont understand SOME jets fans incessant need to defend Mark Sanchez. he's not that good of an NFL Qb at this point in his career. Kerry Collins and Vince Young have sucked over the past few years, i dont expect much out of Locker if he plays his rookie year. See its not hard to admit when your qb isnt tearing it up.
                                When you guys pull your head out of your asses, go back and read this thread and you will see that I never once said he was tearing it up. I think he has a ton of room to improve. Saying he tears it up is just as asinine, if not more than saying he's flat out bad. He was the 2nd to last Starting QB to throw an INT this season. He's just incredibly inconsistent, which is expected since he only started 1 season in college.

Originally posted by G-Men
                                Mark Sanchez is the 32nd ranked quarterback when under pressure, big shocker there. it must be tough when the time comes that he actually has to make the plays on his own.
                                He led the Jets through 5 game-winning drives last season, including 3 games in a row. I admire your effort though...

Comment

Working...