Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jms493
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Senser81
    No, its not. The "same difference" would be giving QBs points for completions, thus equating a 1-yard hitch with a 99-yard TD.
    no comprendo...

Comment

• Senser81
      VSN Poster of the Year
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
      no comprendo...

Comment

• NAHSTE
        Probably owns the site
        • Feb 2009

PPR leagues are stupid.

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
          Laughs Unlimited
          • Nov 2008

I shied away from PPR initially because I thought it rewarded RBs for catching dump-offs, and regardless of what "experts" say, a RB catching dump-offs is really just a product of the offensive system. I think PPR would make RBs much too valuable if they also get points for pass receptions.

Looking at the stats, Lloyd is easily better. Its not even close. Lloyd has more yards and more TDs and needed fewer receptions. Which is more valuable...a RB who gains 1000 yards on 200 carries, or a RB who gains 1000 yards on 325 carries?
          Good luck convincing anybody on the planet that Lloyd is a better receiver that White. Fluke year. White is obviously the more consistent and talented. He also puts in more work. Lloyd has been known to take entire seasons off, where as White doesn't slack on any play. Which is the whole point of a PPR league. To give more value to players who are puting in work.
          sigpic

Comment

• Senser81
            VSN Poster of the Year
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by §hayn•Da•Pain
            Good luck convincing anybody on the planet that Lloyd is a better receiver that White. Fluke year. White is obviously the more consistent and talented. He also puts in more work. Lloyd has been known to take entire seasons off, where as White doesn't slack on any play. Which is the whole point of a PPR league. To give more value to players who are puting in work.
            Thats why I specifically said "looking at the stats". I'll take Brandon Lloyd taking a season off and getting over 1400 yards and 11 TDs on my fantasy team any day.

LOL at thinking PPR somehow circumvents the flukiness of fantasy football. It is what it is, but fantasy football is designed so even the biggest morons who draft Jamaal Charles over Chris Johnson can field a good team. I thought that aspect would be appealing to you.

And LOL at thinking that the whole point of fantasy football is to elevate players who are "putting in the work". Its stat-based.

Comment

• Shayn•Da•Pain
              Laughs Unlimited
              • Nov 2008

Thats why I specifically said "looking at the stats". I'll take Brandon Lloyd taking a season off and getting over 1400 yards and 11 TDs on my fantasy team any day.

LOL at thinking PPR somehow circumvents the flukiness of fantasy football. It is what it is, but fantasy football is designed so even the biggest morons who draft Jamaal Charles over Chris Johnson can field a good team. I thought that aspect would be appealing to you.

And LOL at thinking that the whole point of fantasy football is to elevate players who are "putting in the work". Its stat-based.
              Stats based off a body of work.

You're reading too much into what I'm saying. I play in PPR leagues because I feel like they offer an extra dimension to league play that standard misses. In standard leagues there just isn't much information to process about WR's. Yardage+TDs. Done. In the leagues I play in there are added factors to think about when drafting/signing free agents. It makes Fantasy football more in depth and interesting, considering it's a simple game to start with.

QBs: We look for yardage + (TD to INT efficiency and production), and if at all possible a guy who will get you some extra rushing yards + TDs [ie: Vick, Rodgers]
              RBs: We look for rushing yards + TD production. Cherry on top for RBs who are good pass catchers. (In ppr leagues an even bigger bonus) [ie: Forte, MJD]
              WRs in Standard: Yardage + TD production. Nothing else really matters...
              WRs in PPR: Yardage + TD production. Cherry on top for WRs who catch more passes. [ie: Reggie Wayne, Roddy White]

Simply put, PPR leagues are just an added dimension to an already over simplified game.
              sigpic

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                Beautiful Like Moses
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by NAHSTE
                PPR leagues are stupid.

Comment

• Pitty
                  Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
                  • Feb 2009

PPR is good, although if used I also prefer a 1/4 point per completion for QBs, as WRs and RBs tend to far outscore the gunslingers.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                    Beautiful Like Moses
                    • Oct 2008

.5 PR is the way to go IMO.

Comment

• NAHSTE
                      Probably owns the site
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
                      Definitely better than a full point, but I still think it skews certain players' value too much.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Pitty
                        PPR is good, although if used I also prefer a 1/4 point per completion for QBs, as WRs and RBs tend to far outscore the gunslingers.
                        Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
                        Yeah, have to have some form of ppr. I also like some form of points for completions (I like 1 point for every 6 or 8 myself).

Fantasy is a number crunch, I want reward for everything my players do.

Comment

• Senser81
                          VSN Poster of the Year
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by §hayn•Da•Pain
                          RBs: We look for rushing yards + TD production. Cherry on top for RBs who are good pass catchers. (In ppr leagues an even bigger bonus) [ie: Forte, MJD]
                          If a RB is truly a "pass-catcher", then he will earn his cherry on top from his receiving yards and TDs. It just seems kind of dumb to reward LeSean McCoy for 78 catches when it only gets him 2 TDs and less than 600 hundred yards.

Comment

• jms493
                            • Feb 2009

If a RB is truly a "pass-catcher", then he will earn his cherry on top from his receiving yards and TDs. It just seems kind of dumb to reward LeSean McCoy for 78 catches when it only gets him 2 TDs and less than 600 hundred yards.
                            its not really a problem....if you dont like the idea of PPR you dont have to play in those leagues...beauty of FF. If we have FF this year

Comment

• Saluki
                              Ball So Hard
                              • Oct 2008

Even in a PPR league, if you have a chance to get a WR you thinks going to score 10TDs your gunna pick him over a WR that's only gunna score 5 but get 100 catches. Your still gunna go TDs every time, if you have that choice. PPR just gives you more "good" fantasy WRs and RBs to choose from, making 3TD Brandon Marshall a viable fantasy WR. It's a joke.

Comment

• jms493
                                • Feb 2009

it makes drafting WRs a bit easier otherwise it is like throwing darts. Who would have predicted that Dwayne Bow would have 15 tds in 2010. You going to draft him over Roddy White or Reggie Wayne?

Freaking Mike Williams....I drafted him last in both drafts....he ended up with 10 tds....what fucking luck. At least with receptions you know when you draft a decent WR he will get you points. When you get to the redzone alot of times the TE or HB gets the TD. I like that a 10 recs for 150 yards will net you around 20 points....thats a big day for a WR IMO.

Comment

Working...